Somethings GOT to be done a the interior o line

TheBeaneBandit

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Been saying this for the last 2 years. Line gets no push and they get beat up when they face a superior pass rusher.

Beane said he was looking to upgrade the line last year, but he couldnt find the upgrade he was looking for.

I expect next year he gets a little more desperate and finds a way to improve the line. 

I could see us just like last year taking 2 positions in a row.  We could go interior line for our first two picks in the draft or sign a higher level FA.

Watching the game yesterday confirmed for me our issue in the interior O line:  they guy we have laying are not strong enough.  Now, any one of them could pick me up and throw me over a building, but they have to compete against guys in the D line that are just as big.  And unfortunately stronger.  

You saw it both in the run game and in pass protection yesterday.  Guys in the interior simply could not get a consistent push against Davis (got the name right?) and Wilkins in the run game, and were getting pushed back on pass rushes more than they should.  Josh being more mobile helped in the pass game, and they did seem to play somewhat better in the second half.  But D lines with strong DT types (like Hayward and the Steelers) are going to be a consistent problem.  Not because of scheme or coaching or whatever.  Because our guys simply aren't strong enough physically, and I don't know how you address that halfway though the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.