Knox Apology Form

RyanC883

32 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Does this mean we are not getting Ertz?

Probably.  However, after multiple threads regarding such a possibility were started and subsequently locked in the off-season, I believe that angering a moderator is now referred to as 'getting their Ertz'.

😇

• Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh, agreed - I'm definitely talking about 2021.  Now that Knox has developed into that guy, he's simply benefitting from what Kelce (Hill) has. 

For me, Kelce is his comp.  They have similar playing styles, albeit Kelce with much more experience and nuance in his route running from that experience. 

Kelce, ultra-athletic 6'5 260.  Knox, ultra-athletic 6'4 255.

I think we agree more than we disagree, but just a little point that it's more than nuance to the route running.  Knox was simply not very physical in his release or his route running.  It was pretty easy to neutralize him.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we agree more than we disagree, but just a little point that it's more than nuance to the route running.  Knox was simply not very physical in his release or his route running.  It was pretty easy to neutralize him.

We do, I'm only talking about this version of Knox (2021).  Kelce knows how to leverage his body on smaller defenders to create separation of certain routes, and that's something Knox will learn.  

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Saw this idea on Reddit, but if Knox keeps this up, we will have to make apology forms for him as well!   

Man is he busting out in year 3.  

Not sure if this works as well as it did with Josh. Plenty of people all have had high hopes for Knox, just needed him to finally go out there and do it.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

I've been a Knox fan since he ran over 3 Bengals in route to a Bills win. 

He had the heart and desire, just needed it all to come together. 

The legend of Rambo was born that day. 

Thumbs up!  my now 9 year old son saw that and was like, "I want a Knox jersey."  Got him one right away, and he's been a Knox fan ever since.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not ready yet. 

I need more than 1 game where he contributes more than 5 receptions, and more than 1 game where he contributes more than 50 yds (don't have to be the same game, aren't so far)

But yes, so far so good.  I'm actually more impressed with Knox improvement in blocking.  It doesn't show on the stat sheet but he no longer looks "lost in space".

come on!!!  He totally abused a few KC Lbs and safety's yesterday! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

back handed compliment,

taking advantage of one’s circumstances is what good players do. It’s what E Sanders has been doing for five straight games, 

Go Bills!!!

If you think it’s a backhanded compliment, so be it.  I like knox.  I’ve always liked Knox.  I’ve always compared him to Josh Allen playing TE.  Through 5 games in 2020 he’s living up to his massive potential 

Sanders is an impeccable route runner with great hands, feel and speed. That’s what he’s been doing for almost 10 years.  Yes, he is reaping the benefits of playing with 17 and 14 as well.  We are also reaping the benefits of having him in our offense.  Just like Knox.  

Nothing to apologize for.

Most fans saw the potential, but needed Knox to become more consistent catching the ball and to stop putting the ball on the turf or popping it up with a tip drill. Knox has done just that and I cannot think of any fans that would be upset by this growth in his game. 

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No apologies from me. I've been on the Knox bandwagon since his rookie year. 

I owe the board an apology for thinking Ford was going to develop. Looks like a total bust now.

I understood why fans were down on him because of drops but Knox always flashed elite ability. Just had to develop. Pretty much all the best TEs are home grown. 

Im happy to say I always defended Knox.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't need to sign the Knox apology form. I always said he is raw and underdeveloped but we have to be patient because if it clicks the traits are off the charts. 

Does anyone have an "Emmanuel Sanders is washed up" apology form though? Because I think I need to submit one of those.

Ha ha! I've been on the Sanders train since last year. Glad to be right for once!

3 hours ago, 947 said:

It's crazy that he has 5 TDs in 5 games, and didn't score a single college TD.

The two top WRs on that team were AJ Brown and DK Metcalf!

1) I wanted Ertz as bad as anyone on here.

2) I predicted Hollister would beat Knox out.

3) I said during the offseason I saw no sign of progress from Knox and that his upside was only hypothetical.

I was wrong a million times over. He has been sensational. Not only is he catching the ball and blocking better, he is making himself available to Allen which to me was the biggest piece missing from this offense last year.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Saw this idea on Reddit, but if Knox keeps this up, we will have to make apology forms for him as well!   

Man is he busting out in year 3.  

No we won’t. He is playing great now. He wasn’t previously. He had a drop rate of 19% his rookie year. That’s abysmal. He stunk. No one needs to apologize for pointing that out then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think people expected to much to soon just cause he beat an injury prone Tyler Kroft for the job... but when we drafted him he was a project. He wasnt expected to contribute at all his first few years... he was all potential and little production coming out of college and people seem to forget that

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Knox graduated with honors from TE University and he credits Professor Kelce

was it was Kelce and Kittle who ran it?  

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Are we using this forum to apologize or is there an actual form?

Dopey is so confused 🤔

I’ll have to make a form.  This forum will work now👍.  I liked him his rookie year, then he seemed to have a major regression in year 2 and I was ready for Ertz and Knox as a backup.  I also thought after last uear Hollister would beat him out.  Then he has that oft spoken of (more so in the past) year 3 breakout.  

Him becoming the 3 recieving option opens everything up.  The drop in coverage defense gets carved up by Knox and Beasley.  Bracket Beasley now Knox is up the seam for 15.  Carry Knox up the seam Beasley is open at the sticks.  Knox with confidence may become a monster.

what he has worked so hard on becoming (and seems to have become) is exactly what we needed last year.  teams want to take away Diggs and Knox? Go ahead, we can trust our complimentary players to make the play.  Knox, Singletary and Moss all look better this season.  the Rbs each had a drop vs KC, but ran hard and Josh wasn't afraid to give them the ball when the other options weren't open. I really wanted to an another TE threat to the rotation and run some 2 TE sets to switch things up and keep the defenses honest and help our run game.  While they didn't add a TE they decided that Gilliam could be that guy to switch things up.  He played 22 snaps last night and is filling that extra blocker role just fine.

It's been really fun to watch this offense (and the kids that play in it) progress.  Our coaching staff is making our players better.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the players individual work ethic (and that's part of why we drafted/acquired them), but players around the league are going to notice.  That will lead to the bargain free agent signings and maybe some home town discounts.  Which I was told doesn't exist *cough* Matt Milano.  POyer and Hyde signing extensions making less than 10M a year while Eddie jackson get 14M, Landon Collins gets 16M, Adams gets 17.5, Justin Simmons 15.5.  Mathieu getting almost 19 this year.  I realize some of those guys might be a little better than ours, but I believe they gave us a discount to stay together and win the whole dam thing with 17.  The hometown discounts have already begun.  Hopefully Knox will give us a discount.  If he continues to play like this (he looks DAM GOOD) he's going to top the 12.5 Jonnu and henry got and could get the 14M andrews got.   Not every contract will be at a discounted rate, but I'm confidant that we'll be able to sign some good value FA's in the coming years.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I think people expected to much to soon just cause he beat an injury prone Tyler Kroft for the job... but when we drafted him he was a project. He wasnt expected to contribute at all his first few years... he was all potential and little production coming out of college and people seem to forget that

Says who?  He had 50 targets in his rookie year....

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, White Linen said:

I apologize for you getting better Dawson. 

Lol, seriously.

I mean he pretty much stunk before this year, why are we apologizing exactly?

I'll give him a congrats, good job and thank you for putting in the work to get better though. 

If he has truly become a top, playmaking TE.... Oh my god, this offense is going to be unstoppable.

Really excited to see what he does the rest of the year. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Lol, seriously.

I mean he pretty much stunk before this year, why are we apologizing exactly?

I'll give him a congrats, good job and thank you for putting in the work to get better though. 

If he has truly become a top, playmaking TE.... Oh my god, this offense is going to be unstoppable.

Really excited to see what he does the rest of the year. 

it’s something infecting a certain subset of (new) Bills fans - take any decent, kinda clever idea and beat it to death. Look I didn’t think the “apology form” thing was that clever when they did it for Allen. But some media members and other Allen “haters” got into it for a few days and everyone had a chuckle. 

So let’s now rehash the idea over and over and make it the lamest **** on earth. 

honestly, if the post starts with “saw this idea on Reddit” it should be insta-deleted. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.