Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

That game SUCKED. Maybe worst combo of weather I’ve ever experienced at a game. 

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Haha I remember that game. Started like in the 60s in the morning for tailgating and I had no jacket or rain gear. By halftime it was sleeting and I was drenched. Some dude nearby has a garbage bag I fitted into a half arsed poncho lol. Good times. I think the cherry on the top was we lost too of memory serves.

Yea, the game was awful and all the scoring was at one end of the field because the wind was so bad going toward the tunnel. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

I’m sorry I just can’t bring myself to worry about Taylor Heineke. Washington paid Fitz $10mm, that would indicate to me that their coaching staff doesn’t think Heineke is the guy, maybe you can throw a “yet” in there, but still. I don’t really know much about Heineke, what is it about him that leads you to think he is something?

I thought he played very well in the playoffs last season, given the circumstances. I think with a little more work, he can at least be a Matt Moore. I'm not worried about him per se, but I wouldn't just write him off like Tua. 

• Like (+1) 1

This needs to be a game where the O shows up.  Justin Herbert and Daniel Jones both had really good games against Washington.  If Allen and the Bills offense struggles again at home, in front of our fans, we're going to have a board meltdown.   I don't think Buffalo will be able to run the ball all that well, but they should be able to throw it and have great success.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This needs to be a game where the O shows up.  Justin Herbert and Daniel Jones both had really good games against Washington.  If Allen and the Bills offense struggles again at home, in front of our fans, we're going to have a board meltdown.   I don't think Buffalo will be able to run the ball all that well, but they should be able to throw it and have great success.

I mean to be fair they're strong at our weakpoint they're DL vs. our OL.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TBBills said:

This is one of the easier games for this team.

WFT has no QB... just like Miami.

Their defense is quite good. That young fella looked pretty good last week. We should win, but I hope the players are not putting it in the "one of the easier games" category. That's how you get beat.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Their defense is quite good. That young fella looked pretty good last week. We should win, but I hope the players are not putting it in the "one of the easier games" category. That's how you get beat.

So funny when someone puts "I hope the players are not doing that"... you do know I am a fan and not a player. I am allowed to down talk a team, to help my own confidence going into the game b.c I cannot play.

I did not mean this in a bad way but as a fan I feel the need to be overly confident just b.c if I am worried the whole week I wont like it.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

I’m sorry I just can’t bring myself to worry about Taylor Heineke.

I don’t really know much about Heineke.,

ok...

Anyway, he's the backup QB, so no, he wasn't going to start over Fitz (see Mitch Trubisky).  But in less than 2 games he has completed 74% of his passes for 458 yards, 3 TD/1 int.  If you had watched him last Thursday you would have been impressed, because he was impressive.  And they have a solid receiving corps.

This may not be a walkover like the Brissett Fins were. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

ok...

Anyway, he's the backup QB, so no, he wasn't going to start over Fitz (see Mitch Trubisky).  But in less than 2 games he has completed 74% of his passes for 458 yards, 3 TD/1 int.  If you had watched him last Thursday you would have been impressed, because he was impressive.  And they have a solid receiving corps.

This may not be a walkover like the Brissett Fins were. 

He was impressive against the Giants. I do know that he has started two NFL games, he’s a 28 year old journeyman backing up a 38 year old journeyman. 

1 minute ago, chris heff said:

He was impressive against the Giants. I do know that he has started two NFL games, he’s a 28 year old journeyman backing up a 38 year old journeyman

yeah we know that.  Doesn't change my point.

As for Fitz, he's a journeyman who fills in for injured or no QBs on usually bad teams.  Yet he's still in demand as a starter.  

• Like (+1) 2

Happy we don't have to face Fitzmagic (and more significantly, Curtis Samuel)...Gibson and McLaurin are very underrated playmakers though (and YAC threats) and Heineke hasn't looked out of his depth so far. As others have said though and having watched his games so far, he seems like the kind of QB McDermott and the defense usually dominate. I'm glad we have 1.5 games of tape on him now too.

On offense, let's help out Darryl Williams with a TE or RB and mix in some max protect for the deeper passes. I think Washington's LBs and DBs are the weak link of their entire team...if we can mitigate their defensive line's impact and keep Josh clean, I think we see the offense get back to 2020 form. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

If you don't absolutely kill this Washington team, you have serious issues.  QB that has like 4 total game played, at home, in Sept, vs a coach Mcdermott knows very well.  No excuses.

I love the way some of our fans attach conditionals and "style points" to wins.  It's not enough to WIN, we have to ABSOLUTELY KILL THEM.  Just winning means "serious issues".  🙄

I hope we win, but while Rivera is a coach McDermott knows very well, it's equally true that Rivera knows McDermott and his defensive tendencies very well.  And Heineke has played decently in the 5 games he's played, including against Tampa.

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Judging by what I read around here, apparently we aren't

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love the way some of our fans attach conditionals and "style points" to wins.  It's not enough to WIN, we have to ABSOLUTELY KILL THEM.  Just winning means "serious issues".  🙄

I'm of the mindset that it's always better to win and have things to fix than to lose and have things to fix.  Getting a win in the NFL and still having things to work on is always better than losing.  In fact, with this current group of Bills, I think when they win but also have a lot to fix it keeps them grounded and as McD says, "humble and hungry".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Thats ridiculous IMO.

Heinicke looked bery good last week.

I think 9.5 is too much but I disagree on Heinicke.  Yes he had good stats BUT watch the highlights, most of his passes were too high and many behind the receiver and he got away with at least one pass that should have been intercepted.  The one receiver, Mclaurin seemed to jump for every ball, sometimes unnecessarily which doesnt help in the YAC department.  I am happy for Heinicke in that win but he doesn't impress me at all, he looks like an NFL backup to me.

While a lot of attention on here is Sweat and Young, what we should probably be worried about is Payne and Allen decimating our interior. Pressure up the gut is our arch nemesis. Josh can’t escape cause the ends are good and can’t step up cause those monsters wreak havoc. 
Inexperienced quarterback or not Washington might give us a nasty dog fight. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Judging by what I read around here, apparently we aren't

You can't put anything on the internet unless it's true. 

I read it on the internet. 

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

WTF!

Ooops... Got the letters crossed.

WFT!

Scotomization.

The mind sees what it wants to see. 

Every time I see WFT I really see WTF.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I'm of the mindset that it's always better to win and have things to fix than to lose and have things to fix.  Getting a win in the NFL and still having things to work on is always better than losing.  In fact, with this current group of Bills, I think when they win but also have a lot to fix it keeps them grounded and as McD says, "humble and hungry".

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Good week to get the quick passing game going. That front 4 is nasty. No long developing routes unless we are in max protect, and even then few and far between. Tell Josh to get the ball out of his hands. This is a game that I expect our defense to dominate once again so the offense needs to just not lose it.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You can't put anything on the internet unless it's true. 

I read it on the internet. 

Scotomization.

The mind sees what it wants to see. 

Every time I see WFT I really see WTF.

Exactly. On I-80 in PA there’s an exit for a town called Scotrun.
 I see S-C-R-O-T-U-M every time. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Besides Chase Young, do they have anyone really elite on the defense?  I don't think I know who any of their secondary are.  It'd be nice to get the passing game going.

Landon Collins was at one time considered pretty good. Not elite. Da’Ron Payne is a monster but not statistically elite. Fuller is decent, they have a young safety Kurl who plays pretty nicely especially in the box. Don’t sleep on them despite how bad they’ve played and lack of bigger names. They have the ability to dominate games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Besides Chase Young, do they have anyone really elite on the defense?  I don't think I know who any of their secondary are.  It'd be nice to get the passing game going.

Montez Sweat is very good opposite of Young. he's a physical freak that killed it at the combine 2 years ago. 9 sacks last year and already has 2 on this season. I could see him absolutely embarrassing Williams all day.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like that Josh is hard on himself - that's always a recipe for improvement, but there also comes a point where you can take that too far to a place where it isn't helpful.  Hope he can find the sweet spot in there somewhere...

Edited by Blainorama5
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2