2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I like Jordyn Brooks..... but that is high for me. Like the Falcons the 2nd year in a row the Seahawks first round pick has made me scroll down my board. On LJ Collier I'd suggest early returns are more in my favour than theirs. I like Brooks more than him but this is a reach.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

the future as always will tell the tale but if Love turns into their next franchise QB they will have done so cheaply and not put the guy in a pressure cooker being forced tostart too soon. I Like the move.

It’s solid as a long term move. For a team that was in the NFC championship game it a bit ???. Particularly because they traded up. It’s not like Love was sitting there like Rodgers was. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

3 years? Then why take him in the 1st round

To give him time to develop like they did with Rodgers.  And Rodgers' contract doesn't allow him to be cut or traded before 2022 (and even then it's a $17M cap hit, but with $8M in savings).

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Okay, Jefferson is also 5 years younger.

On a deal of a couple million a year.

Jefferson and 7th Rounder or Diggs, 4th Rounder, 5th and 6th? 

We’ll see, but Beane’s calculation was not completely correct. 

The old axiom on trades holds true: who got the best player in the deal? It will be several years before you can say Minny got the best player, if ever. 

4 minutes ago, Process said:

?? Rodgers has to be PISSED. They really have done him dirty throughout his career, they don't sign free agents, they don't draft skill position players, right now they have no one on offense outside of Adams and are desperate for a weapon and they take a QB  lol! I guess they've given up on winning another SB before he retires.

The draft is not done 

24 minutes ago, Gambit said:

No other receivers? How the Hell can anyone think Jerry Jeudy wasn't worth a 1st? 

Actually I forgot I had Aiyuk right around where he was picked. Jeudy is an early 2nd to me and I have massive injury concerns on him.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The old axiom on trades holds true: who got the best player in the deal? It will be several years before you can say Minny got the best player, if ever. 

Based upon the track record with WR in the draft, I’m very pleased at this point. It wasn’t Jeudy or Lamb. Our guy is proven. 

• Like (+1) 1