Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

32 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Psychological evaluations are easy to beat. Even though it may cause Brown great discomfort, all he has to do is tell them what they want to hear! Who knows what that is! 

Which is why you give him zero guaranteed and make him play for his pay. He has just shown he can’t be trusted. I really doubt anyone signs him. He needs to take the season off and decide what he wants to do. 

5 minutes ago, Yav said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 

he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 

He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

Pretty sure those voidable guarantee clauses are standard. 

• Like (+1) 2

I can't help but pin this on Gruden, you're a 100 million dollar coach, act like it, like you're worth your money and can coach a bunch of D III kids to the NFL playoffs. It just shows his insecurities as a coach where you were relying on unstable players and hoping their talent propels your team. Give me a coach that took us to the playoffs with a bunch of scrubs and the personal drive and strategy to strive for more.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Do you forget that Riley Cooper was caught on video saying he'd fight ever N****r in here at a damn Kenny Chesney concert, and then still played in the NFL for several more years

There's a difference between behavior inside the workplace and outside the workplace.

Outside the context of sports, people with a functioning cerebral cortex find this concept self-evident.

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

Here's a guy that should think a little bit harder about the things floating around in his head before they escape his mouth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You think a guy like Drew would keep AB around after causing him to lose his cut of ABs deal with his antics after all the work he had to put in to get him it in the first place? I would think if he isn't getting paid, he would be dropping AB right now since the next contract he negotiates for him is probably going to be for vet minimum with incentives. 

to your first sentence based on results YES it appears Drew Rosenhaus is still Antonio browns agent and as others have said I think it is based on future earnings NOT what he lost on the previous Raiders deal.

..Conversely do you think AB would keep as his agent a guy who would be suing he for money that never materialized once he was suspended?  To me that money went Poof for both AB and DR both and they both know it..time to move forward with Very diminished returns yes but just how diminished is the question.....HIGHLY diminished would seem logical

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

There's a difference between behavior inside the workplace and outside the workplace.

Outside the context of sports, people with a functioning cerebral cortex find this concept self-evident.

Ok, Kerry Collins called Mushin Muhammad a N****r at training camp and played 15 more years in the NFL after

10 minutes ago, Yav said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 

he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 

He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

I thought he would pull antics by week 5 or 6 when they have been losing and he isnt getting the ball. I think you give AB too much credit. He knew the Raiders sucked when he agreed to a contract extension. I hope no teams sign him but there will be a couple teams willing to take a chance.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

AB is acting like one.

Is he doc?  You should know better how incorrect your comparison was.

Also, I recall another crazy WR who acted very bizarrely/childishly/"crazy" for much of his career (of the field), yet he was given the key to the City when he go  to Buffalo....

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Which is why you give him zero guaranteed and make him play for his pay. He has just shown he can’t be trusted. I really doubt anyone signs him. He needs to take the season off and decide what he wants to do. 

Agreed. A sabbatical of some sort. This guy has got to get his S...together. He needs a vacation from himself.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Yav said:

Yeah. that's one theory...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Also, I recall another crazy WR who acted very bizarrely/childishly/"crazy" for much of his career (of the field), yet he was given the key to the City when he go  to Buffalo....

Drug addiction could easily explain his issues.  So too can mental illness.  Neither of which is easy to manage, even for Belicheat.

As for TO, he's in the HOF.  Think AB will be?

Oh and in case you missed this in the other thread:

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was a model citizen in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

If the Pats get him, it’s 2007 all over again.

May be, but probably not. Tom's short game is still top notch, but his long game is fading quickly. Moss was beating everyone deep back then. Also we easily had the best pass defense last year and coach comes up with good game plans neutralizing the pass game. I really liked our defense last year, especially being on the field all the time and being put in bad positions, but I love our defense this year adding Oliver & Edmunds having a year under his belt.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah. that's one theory...

Drug addiction could easily explain his issues.  So too can mental illness.  Neither of which is easy to manage, even for Belicheat.

As for TO, he's in the HOF.  Think AB will be?

Oh and in case you missed this in the other thread:

Did you think that TO was headed to the HOF before he got to the Bills?  No of course not.

If you think AB will never play football again, than he is unlikely to get in.  If he plays a few more years for a few more teams, he might.  

And again, your comparison too Gordon, a guy with incredibly well documented substance abuse problems, is a silly stretch with Brown.  Yet you keep stretching it on each new post.  AB is not acting like a drug addict.  In your profession, you would typically be far more well versed in what that would entail.

6 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Brady is 12 years older....lol

In human years....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't know if I've ever seen this talented of a player with amazing production for eight consecutive seasons crash and burn as quickly as AB.  Terrell Owens in his prime at least made every team he went to better at least short term.

57 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But isn't an agent's contract based off of a percentage of the total contract? They may agree to take money paid at certain points of the deal, but I doubt they are contingent on the client having to fulfill it.

According to this, it is: "the agent gets paid when the player gets paid"

In the NFL, the agent's take is capped at 3%.  They would also typically get some fraction of the player's endorsements and marketing deals - 10% maybe.