Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

40 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

a Dennison thing perhaps ?

Yes. He gave him unsafe throws and plenty of them. Like he was a seasoned guy. And he made no adjustment to keep Bosa off him. It was nuts.,

Usually a rookie in his first game does nearly nothing except hand off and throw sideline passes. Let alone a guy who did not prepare in camp as a starter and only got the nod a few days before the game. So how many full practices as a starter did he have? 3? 4? 

It was like Dennison thought Peterman was amazing and just threw him in full speed. I don't think Peterman had a prayer.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a home run. Despite the Bills leverage, I am shocked at the numbers. I thought maybe $10M instead of $15M or so. This is a steal regardless of your feelings on McCarron.

For a backup with any kind of upside, it's unreal.

Glennon got like TRIPLE.  What planet are we on?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

15M per for 4 starts?

Jet's gave McCown $10 million for one year.    Bradford got $20 million. 

I assumed McCarron would be somewhere in between - probably closer to the middle based on the demand for QB's who don't totally suck.

Bills got a screaming deal in my opinion.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Availability and inability to scramble. The right 3/5 of this line needs some real big time improvement 

Again, totally fair. I was responding to the criticism that he wouldn’t be able to throw the ball in the bad weather. His arm is elite. There are other questions for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TPS said:

Just read a few draft-related articles on AJ, and he sounds a lot like what people are saying about baker mayfield, a bit arrogant. The main difference, AJ is a couple inches taller...

He's had a few years on the bench after plummeting to the 5th round for the arrogance to settle out of him.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

This makes me think Allen is a real possibility.

And maybe the broad side of a barn in the late second or early third? 

J/K, if our front office decides he’s the guy, I will give it a shot, judgement free. These guys are killing it IMO. 

Just now, PolishDave said:

Jet's gace McCown $10 million for one year.    Bradford got $20 million. 

I assumed McCarron would be somewhere in between - probably closer to the middle based on the demand for QB's who don't totally suck.

Bills got a screaming deal in my opinion.

They started games. I figured he'd be in the same neighborhood as Chase and Glennon.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just a reminder that the Jets are paying $25 million for one year of McCown and Bridgewater. Beane is a genius.

I think they were waiting to see who didn't have a chair when the music stopped. If Teddy B was left standing I think the Bills might have gone there and he'd have signed for much less too. 

Great job of not panicking and.... you guessed it... TRUSTING THE PROCESS!!!

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3