Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Is he better than Tyrod though? That's the question.

He hit more guys in stride in his highlight video than Tyrod has done in his whole career!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we have two signed QBs and Nate is a DOA for the season ?

Yep. He will likely make the practice squad. I doubt anyone else will sign him. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to keep him (unless there is already an injury to AJ or Rookie). Not to mention that he is godawful.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this a little like the Tyrod signing?  A late round guy, that has had time to "develop" while backing up on another team.  Bills steal him away and reap the benefits.   Not sure if this one works out better or worse, but it sure feels familiar.

This offseason is the best that anyone could imagine....love the pickup....still want one of the top 3 QB's to sit behind AJ for next season.....Beane is doing his magic

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I have no idea what A.J. Maccarron has show that makes him a better option than Bridgewater or Bradford. Glad we have someone to start but Peterman has more pro snaps than he does. Hopefully the rookie beats him out in camp and we don’t float with mediocrity for too long 

Good knees

17 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I have no idea what A.J. Maccarron has show that makes him a better option than Bridgewater or Bradford. Glad we have someone to start but Peterman has more pro snaps than he does. Hopefully the rookie beats him out in camp and we don’t float with mediocrity for too long 

How about two good knees.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know you're kidding but I generally found that the guys who complain about the lack of hot chicks are ugly ones. I've never had that problem. :)

Yeah there are plenty here...maybe you should get out more or stop settling for the ones you settle for.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Is this a little like the Tyrod signing?  A late round guy, that has had time to "develop" while backing up on another team.  Bills steal him away and reap the benefits.   Not sure if this one works out better or worse, but it sure feels familiar.

Except no one (outside of Bills fans) expected Tyrod would get a starting job much before preseason. Came a lot cheaper than McCarron will.

3 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Peterman isn’t going anywhere.  We’ll carry 3 QBs to the final roster.

I don't know. He's a 5th round pick who literally had one of the worst performances in NFL history.  He will definitely get a chance to compete but it won't be shocking at all If he got cut.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I litterally know nothing about this dude, can someone tell me a bit about him

I can after having seen every college game he has ever played.

AJ is big. He can move but isn't extremely mobile.

He is very smart and doesn't rattle. He is a very hard worker; Coach Saban really made him earn his spot.

There  is speculation that there was some uneasiness between AJ and Saban. Coach Saban did not attend his wedding, and I have heard that AJ felt as if the coach didn't sell him enough before the draft. There is no way to confirm this.

His arm isn't a complete cannon but it is strong enough, probably a bit better than average.

He has lost very few games in his entire life going back to high school.

He seems quite grounded; I would be shocked if he gets in trouble off the field.

He wasn't drafted until the 24th pick of round 5 of the 2014 draft. I said it then and say it now: The Bills were insane to not draft him. Absolutely bush league.

The team that he beat ND with for the title had the best OL I have ever seen on a college team and a great ground game. He did have every tool.

Make no mistake, I am admittedly partial. That said, I have very high hopes for AJ. Do I want the Bills to draft a 1st round qb? Yes. I also want them to concentrate heavily on drafting blockers for both AJ and whatever rookie we draft. Exciting times indeed.

ROLL TIDE!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know you're kidding but I generally found that the guys who complain about the lack of hot chicks are ugly ones. I've never had that problem. :)

Says the guy whose title is "ladies man?" Come on seabiscuit, I've found that the guys who identify as such as generally trawling a Jim's Steak Out at 2am and accepting all takers.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It may be more likely that Allen could be had around the 10 spot with more teams answering their own QB questions so w/o pressure to move up in the top of the around Beane might keep his 12 and package 22 with one of our seconds and perhaps a sweetener pick to go up to 10 to get him.  This way he gets LB Smith as well as a QB who can sit.

I strongly believe a good QB or two will slide to the 10-12 slots, just like last year. To me, signing McCarron lessens the pressure to pay a fortune to trade into the top three or four slots. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, unclepete said:

You realize this is not true, right?

• Like (+1) 1

Makes sense.  You dont have to over pay for a Qb when you are the last spot open.  For the amount less he will make than the guys signed its gonna be a steal.  Cleveland nearly gave a away a second and a third for him.  Him a rookie, and Peterman is a better position than they were in last year.  If needed I would be fine with him playing a game or 2 maybe even starting the season if he earns it.  

Edited by Mat68

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That would be my concern. That Bengals team he played on was loaded (Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Eifert).  He played on loaded teams in college.  Right now, this is the least talented team he's ever been on.

personally, I always like qbs who didn't play on loaded teams. Much easier to succeed then. But it's all about the money to see if it's a good deal or not.

Thats another reason i like rosen so much. He elevated that entire offense.