Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

Just now, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

not that hard to figure out it's pretty obvious that Allen needs at least a year if not two to develop and hone his skills so someone like McCarron is going to be good to start.

You sign one of the other scrubs if you're going to draft more first day starter type guy.

Why can't it just be that the Bills wanted to sign the best veteran pocket passer they could sign who was within their price range?

Ya know, so that they can try to win next year while also building for the future through the draft?    

Doesn't that line of thinking make more sense as opposed to them wanting to settle for a guy who is going to take 2 years?     They aren't going to know how "ready" the rookie is going to be to start until after they have seen him in training camp.

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Does anybody know the dollars? - I hope it is less than 2 yr 30 mill

Have no idea but I expect it will be something similar to Tyrod's last deal - decent but not great money year one, with a raise in year two but an out for the Bills.  This is a great fit for McCarron because it gives him an opportunity to start and prove his value.  If the Bills move on in Year 2 in, he will get an opportunity to cash in.  Opportunity to play is probably his primary motivator at this point.  It gives the Bills an option to not start the rookie until he is ready, which hopefully is before year two, but gives them a reasonable chance to be very competitive in the meantime. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thanks goodness it was not "Gimme three steps "

On a side note.

Skynyrd is having yet another farewell tour this year I believe.    Their first farewell tour was back in the 80's.  :D

You can't kill freebird.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really hoping whoever they draft pans out as they have no experienced arms in house.

If the rookie tbnl pans out, swapping Taylor to McCarron works.  But really not confident right now about it.

Peterman has to be the saddest person in WNY right now as his job security just dropped precipitiously.  Really can't see them keeping 3 young guys on the roster.

I believe that they will keep 3 because for roster and drafting they seem to think like me.

Time will tell. 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You misspelled Rosen

Rosen, a QB from California, will not be able to throw in the cold winters of Buffalo. Allen has proven he can and is the best QB.

Edited by mileena

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Why can't it just be that the Bills wanted to sign the best veteran pocket passer they could sign who was within their price range?

Ya know, so that they can try to win next year while also building for the future through the draft?    

Doesn't that line of thinking make more sense as opposed to them wanting to settle for a guy who is going to take 2 years?     They aren't going to know how "ready" the rookie is going to be to start until after they have seen him in training camp.

Getting a guy like Allen at 10-13 would allow Beane to keep 12 for Raquon Smith and use 22 coupled with another high pick and lesser pick to get back up to 10-13 to get Allen.  A win-win situation if Allen is not rushed to start.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Josh Rosen will love this

On a side note.

Skynyrd is having yet another farewell tour this year I believe.    Their first farewell tour was back in the 80's.  :D

You can't kill freebird.

This Bird you cannot change. Gotta fly Free bird (extended dual guitar solo ensues )

Good pickup smartly played.Beane is going for the QB in the Draft.
But smartly.

so wierd

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Facts and opinions don't mix. That's why there is a different word to distinguish them from one another. I for one like my opinions to be as uneducated and as far from the truth as possible. An opinion based purely on emotion and perception is ideal. 

The term is "Snowflake"

2 minutes ago, mileena said:

Rosen, a QB from California, will not be able to throw in the cold winters of Buffalo. Allen has proven he can and is the best QB.

Uh, you might want to check where Allen hails from, chief. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Getting a guy like Allen at 10-13 would allow Beane to keep 12 for Raquon Smith and use 22 coupled with another high pick and lesser pick to get back up to 10-13 to get Allen.  A win-win situation if Allen is not rushed to start.

If Allen is really the guy they want then so be it.

I am convinced that AJ McCarron means absolutely zilch to their decision on who to draft.   I could be wrong.    I am just saying my conviction about that is extremely high.  Not that that matters.

I think the Bills still draft whoever they wanted before they signed McCarron.    The QB position is going to make or break McDermott and Beane as employees of the Buffalo Bills.   They will get whoever they think is the best possible guy they can get as long as that guy is still there wherever they draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Have you ever seen Rosen throw?!? You can question a lot of different things in regards to Rosen but he throws the ball as well as anyone.

The Bills play 1 game in winter.....and so does the opposing QB

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really hoping whoever they draft pans out as they have no experienced arms in house.

If the rookie tbnl pans out, swapping Taylor to McCarron works.  But really not confident right now about it.

Peterman has to be the saddest person in WNY right now as his job security just dropped precipitiously.  Really can't see them keeping 3 young guys on the roster.

Great, a wasted pick by McBeane.

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

who cares? i mean really. Think Beanes counters are not lockstep with the budget today and moving forward Doc ?

I care. I don’t want them to spend a lot of money on him. For various reasons. 

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

The Bills play 1 game in winter.....and so does the opposing QB

Make it more like 6 games and you would be correct. 2 home games in November, 2 in December, and away games at teams like NE and the NYJ or whoever.

Edited by mileena
  • Like (+1) 1

I am convinced that AJ McCarron means absolutely zilch to their decision on who to draft.   I could be wrong.    I am just saying my conviction about that is extremely high.  Not that that matters.

I think the Bills still draft whoever they wanted before they signed McCarron.    The QB position is going to make or break McDermott and Beane as employees of the Buffalo Bills.   They will get whoever they think is the best possible guy they can get as long as that guy is still there wherever they draft.

I think that McD and Beane really covet Smith and their moves will be made with Smith in mind.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Perhaps now they can get a free agent Wide Receiver now, Jordy Nelson anyone?

2 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Perhaps now they can get a free agent Wide Receiver now, Jordy Nelson anyone?

Nelson and Maclin depending on price would compliment KB very well. No idea on their market value though....

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

this