Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

1 minute ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Yep, I thought if they went with Foles, Bradford, or McCarron that Allen would be a real possibility.

Why would you even think that?

McCarron should have no impact on who the BIlls draft at all.

Color me surprised...I went from expecting it to completely not expecting after Sal said Bills were interested in FA QB's, so just figured we would sign a guy like Moore or Anderson instead then draft a rookie.

I like it a lot though...now the question is, how do the Bills feel about him?  Is it strong enough to impact their draft plans and keep them from trading up or not...thats the only concern I have as I still want a QB in the top 5.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. I admit I had my doubts this time. Well played, Beane

After Beane traded to 12 and everyone said he will go up again I think started the FA QB frenzy.

Elway late at night went in with Keenum.  All the QB needy teams went nuts.

I think Beane knew (educated guess) that he would have his pick of the guys willing to go with short term contracts.

I'm really believing we got a great GM.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank God!

All these silly posts about trading for this guy or that guy can end.

The Bills were patient, all good things come to those who wait!

Having a QB roster of:

Rosen, McCarron and Peterman next year is pretty good in my book.

Need I add..."Trust The Process..."

Edited by Bag of Milk
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

Agreed again. Held their cards close, didn't panic. Probably got a better deal on the guy they wanted all along because of it.

I believe they were interested in Bradford, until the price went boffo. $20 mil one year deal with 15 guaranteed was crazy 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I believe they were interested in Bradford, until the price went boffo. $20 mil one year deal with 15 guaranteed was crazy 

Could be, I wonder about that tweet (by Sal C maybe, not sure) who said they didn't really go after any other FA qbs. made me wonder if all we did was call once on Sam and go, oh you want how much?...no thanks!!!

I have no idea what A.J. Maccarron has show that makes him a better option than Bridgewater or Bradford. Glad we have someone to start but Peterman has more pro snaps than he does. Hopefully the rookie beats him out in camp and we don’t float with mediocrity for too long 

Just now, Bag of Milk said:

Thasnk God!

All these silly posts about trading for this guy or that guy can end.

The Bills were patient, all good things come to those who wait!

Having a QB roster of:

Rosen, McCarron and Peterman next year is pretty good in my book.

Need I add..."Trust The Process..."

Peterman won't play special teams.

So Rosen, McCarron and Webb.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ORLY

Don't accuse the Bills of trying to "systematically" get better Florio...we are following a process to get better...this isn't about a damn system its about the PROCESS!

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like this signing. But this guy hasn’t proven anything as an NFL QB. Not what I would call a bridge QB or someone who can share experience with a rookie. 

If anything, he could also prove to be great and give us a nice little controversy. Or he could suck and we will be starting the rookie sooner than later

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why? lack of starting experience?

I believe he will serve well as the bridge and as a mentor to the rookie?

Because he stinks? He's just not starter material. Never has been. He's career backup material, and now that he has a few years under his belt, he's a decent one in a league full of crappy ones.