Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: why would the Giants even consider trading Eli? Their offense would quickly become even worse than ours if that is possible.

The real question is why would anyone want to trade for Eli at this point? He's done. On the other hand, the Giants should truly be in tank mode now. They have zero chance of accomplishing anything this year other than sustaining more career-threatening injuries to players they need for the future.

At 3-2 going in to the bye week I doubt we make any drastic changes to the roster other than signing guys to fill voids left by injury. In my eyes, I see us making a minor trade to accommodate the TE position unless we can get Barnadge to sign.

I mean, we have lost two games by less than a TD, so we can argue that some minor adjustments could be made to gain more production. If we were in a different boat with a losing record, than yes I could see us making some drastic changes like what most are predicting.

I still find it hard to believe we'd take on dead cap space to get rid of a good player, simply to appease a coach's ego.

Yeah, our FO has never done it before.............................................................................................rolls eyes.

Interesting article in the Buffalo News today. Speculation about Glenn to Green Bay for Cobb. Or to Chargers to T. Williams. Also could swing Dareus to Arizona for JJ Nelson (speed at WR!). Cap space is irrelevant at this point. We have enough space to trade Glenn for T. Williams; then Dareus for JJ Nelson. Our WR corp is instantly improved. (Matthews, Williams, Nelson and Zay). Then draft OL and WR in next years draft in addition to QB.

At 3-2 going in to the bye week I doubt we make any drastic changes to the roster other than signing guys to fill voids left by injury. In my eyes, I see us making a minor trade to accommodate the TE position unless we can get Barnadge to sign.

I mean, we have lost two games by less than a TD, so we can argue that some minor adjustments could be made to gain more production. If we were in a different boat with a losing record, than yes I could see us making some drastic changes like what most are predicting.

getting Barnadge would be fantastic.

Edited by RyanC883

Interesting article in the Buffalo News today. Speculation about Glenn to Green Bay for Cobb. Or to Chargers to T. Williams. Also could swing Dareus to Arizona for JJ Nelson (speed at WR!). Cap space is irrelevant at this point. We have enough space to trade Glenn for T. Williams; then Dareus for JJ Nelson. Our WR corp is instantly improved. (Matthews, Williams, Nelson and Zay). Then draft OL and WR in next years draft in addition to QB.

id be a fan of all of these.

I have watched much of GB this year. Is LT a big weakness for them?

I was dating this girl when I was in college. I was going for it one night but she didn't want it....she wanted to pay attention to the movie. I told her I didn't come over to her place to watch a movie so I left. Should have stayed home and kept drinking with my friends.

THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER YOU SONUVA B#*%$#%!!!.......

:o

No way. The only way to even have a chance of making this work from a cap perspective is to trade them both. Even then it would be very rough. Trading just Dareus would be difficult, but manageable. Trading both would be crazy bad for the cap. Cutting them is not at all realistic.

It would definitely help. But, if we manage to pull off a trade for both Williams and Nelson for two guys that have barely seen the field. I'd be fully on board with that. Again, doubt that would be the case (Financially burdening for both teams), but would improve our team drastically while we go into a bye week. That week would also allow us to really get them up to speed as well.

I admit I don't know the IR rules but it would feel nice if Mcdermott would tell Dareus he's on IR for the rest of the year and to pack up his stuff and stay away from the team and facilities until next year. Bye bye and no more talk of him this season.......

I admit I don't know the IR rules but it would feel nice if Mcdermott would tell Dareus he's on IR for the rest of the year and to pack up his stuff and stay away from the team and facilities until next year. Bye bye and no more talk of him this season.......

Would be pointless to do that when we can just cut him.

If I had to guess we are in the process of a last ditch trade effort, possibly even asking Dareus and his agent to restructure to help facilitate a trade with a willing partner and if Dareus wants out of Buffalo don't see why he'd not be willing to agree to do this unless he truly doesn't care and is done with football after we dump him.

id be a fan of all of these.

I have watched much of GB this year. Is LT a big weakness for them?

I wouldn't have thought so, with Bakhtiari. However Bakh hasn't played since week 1 with a hamstring, and their RT Bulaga has also missed several games with an ankle. Both listed as "questionable" for this Sunday.

GB just extended Bakhtiari, so you'd think they like him. Got a lot of dead cap tied up in his bonuses.

Bulaga, one might recall, is the FA RT we tried to attract in the first year of the Ryan show, only to have him re-up with GB. He's been quite durable prior to this year, which is his 8th. Still, if they were looking to replace him, you wouldn't think they'd look to replace him with another gimpy ankle guy.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I wouldn't have thought so, with Bakhtiari. However Bakh hasn't played since week 1 with a hamstring, and their RT Bulaga has also missed several games with an ankle. Both listed as "questionable" for this Sunday.

GB just extended Bakhtiari, so you'd think they like him. Got a lot of dead cap tied up in his bonuses.

Bulaga, one might recall, is the FA RT we tried to attract in the first year of the Ryan show, only to have him re-up with GB. He's been quite durable prior to this year.

Bulaga a few years ago and this past year with the titty jiggling Andre Smith....who is a back up in Cincy. I think he would have started here.

If I had to guess we are in the process of a last ditch trade effort, possibly even asking Dareus and his agent to restructure to help facilitate a trade with a willing partner and if Dareus wants out of Buffalo don't see why he'd not be willing to agree to do this unless he truly doesn't care and is done with football after we dump him.

No. Trade is preferred. Although I am not necessarily in favor of that the writing could be on the wall. Look at cap implications for Dareus.

according to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ros...lo-bills/2018/ cap hits are:

cut 2017 24.4 mill

trade 2017 6.65 mill

cut 2018 22.2 mill

trade 2018 14.2 mill

so an anomaly with this contract may make trading now a good deal.

Edited by cba fan

Glenn and Dareus sign their big contracts and presto chango they magically are unavailable to help the team. Welcome to pro sports.