Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

hey. Just like you.

Except for all the time you put into scouring numerous sites looking for information so you can be the first to post what Sammy had for breakfast.

it won't work with him. He is too big of a narcissist to notice your comments or take in outside critical thinking as to what you're getting at.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translates to teams should be lining up to take that contract.

Forget dead cap space, who would want give up anything to take on the contract for so little effort and production? And....With such a high risk of suspension?

I know for a fact you have some serious football knowledge. Shame you like to go on a tear making personal jabs at some dude instead of sharing what you could.

Just sayin'.

this is true. It makes something of 26copypaste that he isn't.

Mr Ags knows football but I am not going to let 26cb just be a dick constantly so I have fun

The Bills at some point need to have more of a player development strategy than "find low-priced choir boys and coach 'em up." Talent/matchups win games in the NFL. They cannot keep jettisoning good young players because they're not the right "fit." This is madness. They've decided that Dawkins is now the answer at LT? Based on what? He has been totally uneven. He got beat badly a few times last week.

And if they trade Dareus and Kyle retires after this year, what then?

It's fine to stockpile draft picks but at some point they need to start accumulating good players...

we trade Dareus, draft torrel troupe 2 and problems solved.

Manning is on his way out in NY, they would be smart to trade him and tank the rest of the way and get their QB in the draft. Hes not great but him with our defense and we are an instant contender. If we are getting rid of 2 of our best players we better be getting something good in return. Probably out of the realm of possibility but one can dream!

Eli is terrible and hasn't played well in a couple seasons. And he's a sitting duck in the pocket. With the Bills line he wouldn't survive.

Other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs .Lincoln.

The money is what prevents the Bills from moving on from either player this year, and most likely next for Big Stuff

EDIT..Now Trapasso says trade is doable..i am so confused :doh:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/09/exploring-bills-trade-possibilities-heading-bye-week/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1507576457

If Beane is acquiring more picks, cap hit on Dareus won't matter. Draft picks are cheap labor. 6 in first three rounds already in 2018. Gaines will get paid, but not a Gilmore type contract. Matthews won't break the bank either if they want to keep him. Bills are about to get very young. They are building w/draft picks, mid-level vets and paying their good players who are not exorbitantly priced.

Not that I'm for or against trading Dareus or Glenn.

Edited by purple haze

These rumors aren't surprising especially after McD's comments about Glenn yesterday.

And I know some fans disagree, but at least with Glenn we can unload a player (and contract) that's on the decline and may never be the same again because of the nagging injury issues in recent years. So if a team offered a mid to late round pick + a player in return why not? Especially if its' a WR.

As for Dareus the situation is obviously more difficult to him given his off the field issues and contract but he is apparently healthy or as close to healthy he's going to be this season and anything we could get in return would be a win at this point.

One way to take on Dareus cap hit is to also trade Glenn. Arizona Cardinals are the team IMO. They are in win now mode, need DT and LT, and have a couple WRs.

Interesting you mention the cardinals because the Buffalo News has them listed as a trade partner as well for Glenn and/or Dareus saying the Bills could target any of thier WR's Josh Brown, Jaron Brown or JJ Nelson in return.

Interesting you mention the cardinals because the Buffalo News has them listed as a trade partner as well for Glenn and/or Dareus saying the Bills could target any of thier WR's Josh Brown, Jaron Brown or JJ Nelson in return.

Josh Brown beats women, John Brown catches footballs.

A lot of agita in this thread and it is built on unsubstantiated rumor. But for what's it's worth, I'd rather have a healthy and committed Dareus and Glenn rather than picks. If both are damaged, either physically or not buying in, get what you can and let's play this year out with the roster we have - like it or not.

I still find it hard to believe we'd take on dead cap space to get rid of a good player, simply to appease a coach's ego.

Are you serious? This guy has had one above average year since arriving but consistently under performed due to attitude. Bill Polian once stated the Buffalo Bills end up with really bad teams because they hang on to fan favorites who no longer produce! This post substantiates this statement!

I believe if we trade him they pay the base salary - we pay the amortized bonuses up front as a cap charge for 2017..? I guess i could be wrong?

For dareus that would be 20.6 million in bonuses plus whatever salary we already paid? (roster bonuses and base salary for this aren't added - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/)- His cap hit currently stands at 16.4 million.

For Glenn that would be 14.8 million in bonuses plus whatever salary is already paid for 2017. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/- his cap hit stands at 14.2 milion.

I would consider it unlikely - but certainly possible.

Thank you for pointing this out. You are exactly right. All bonus money hits the cap immediately if moved. Post June 1st is a cut not trade scenario and has nothing to do with this post.

I wish your post was second on this topic to squash this, A better topic would be just what Bean is doing to the cap. If people were to investigate next year's cap is not nearly as rosey as it was previously stated.

The Giants need Oline help and could use Mr. Big Stuff to solidify that Dline. Giants aren't going anywhere and need to look toward the future. Eli Manning is being ostracized in NY due to an inept coach. Send our slugs to NY for Eli. The Bills are missing a QB with accuracy and Eli is plenty accurate with the football. He can also be used to mentor the QB we select in next year's draft. Our Oline can provide adequate protection for him. Bills bring up Malachi Dupre and Reilly from PS. Offense will be fixed.

The Giants need Oline help and could use Mr. Big Stuff to solidify that Dline. Giants aren't going anywhere and need to look toward the future. Eli Manning is being ostracized in NY due to an inept coach. Send our slugs to NY for Eli. The Bills are missing a QB with accuracy and Eli is plenty accurate with the football. He can also be used to mentor the QB we select in next year's draft. Our Oline can provide adequate protection for him. Bills bring up Malachi Dupre and Reilly from PS. Offense will be fixed.

Marcel, Tyrod & Cordy for Eli is something I could get behind.

I think the conversation happened and I don't think the kid is lying but the question is what Dareus was saying legit? Was he venting for the sake of venting or is he hearing something and then venting?

If anything is happening, I think it would come from their agents and how they would know.

Dareus is getting the least amount of snaps on our DL and Glenn doesn't look like he's our starting LT anymore. Something is definitely up.

But somehow Mills is still in the lineup?? That is what REALLY doesn't make any sense

Eli is washed up just like Big Ben

can you guys post the info rather than facebook links? some can't access facebook from work

None of it is there anyway as far as I can tell, other than the twitter pic of the guy making the post with Dareus. Sounds like he isn't lying about what he was told, but I feel it's more likely that Dareus simply could be gone any time between the bye and the offseason.

The original poster reiterates several times that Marcell only said "don't be surprised" if he and Glenn are in someway off the team over the bye week. He said Marcell was very nasty about the coach and GM. Some other fans ask the original poster to delete the post, but the OP replies that he won't as there is nothing really new in the information he has posted.

I agree with others that the kid who posted this seems believable, especially given the photo.

I still find it hard to believe we'd take on dead cap space to get rid of a good player, simply to appease a coach's ego.

I have no idea whether or not there is any truth to that post, but this statement above is laughable. There is literally not a shred of evidence that they would get rid of MD because McDermott has some ego that needs to be satisfied. None whatsoever. There is also about a dozen other reasons that are at least equally believable, if not more believable.

You then have not been paying attention to personnel moves by McDerma and then Beano.

Edited by cba fan