Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

Make yourself such a major pain in the ass that a team would choke down your insane contract?

the team i'm sure is trying everything to get dareus to do things the right way.

taking a huge dead money cap hit is surely a last resort.

but sometimes , a player is so selfish and destructive to the entire team, that it becomes whats best for the team.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting if true. Maybe they are trying to work trade deals for each to bring in WR help or other linemen they think would help them more.

It should be readily apparent to all by now that McDermott wants guys who are blue collar, who wills trap it up and play hard every game. It would be interesting to be behind the scenes on these issues, especially with Glenn. We know that they think Dareus lacks work ethic. Are they seeing the same in Glenn? Has the medical staff cleared him and, if so, is Glenn insisting he can't get on the field? Is the medical staff saying Glenn will have this foot issue for the foreseeable future? Something like that must be going on; it seems impossible to believe that a healthy Glenn is not one of the best 5 linemen.

McDermott cleared out some guys on the D, particularly in the DBs, got the kind of guys he wants, and that seems to have worked out pretty well thus far. So if he wants to do the same on offense, I'm thinking he might have a better idea of this than I do.

hey. Just like you.

Except for all the time you put into scouring numerous sites looking for information so you can be the first to post what Sammy had for breakfast.

I know for a fact you have some serious football knowledge. Shame you like to go on a tear making personal jabs at some dude instead of sharing what you could.

Just sayin'.

I think the conversation happened and I don't think the kid is lying but the question is what Dareus was saying legit? Was he venting for the sake of venting or is he hearing something and then venting?

If anything is happening, I think it would come from their agents and how they would know.

Dareus is getting the least amount of snaps on our DL and Glenn doesn't look like he's our starting LT anymore. Something is definitely up.

That's my take too - something does appear to be up. There is some genuine smoke here, and anyone who has watched AZ, SEA, and GB's lines can understand why they'd be willing to gamble on a top-shelf LT who may have some injury issues.

Except for all the time you put into scouring numerous sites looking for information so you can be the first to post what Sammy had for breakfast.

Which is a fine service to TSW. Otherwise, we all have to share the same oxygen and there are too many mouth breathers around here...

What are we getting in return?

What the Bills ALWAYS get when they send talented players to other teams because they don't want to pay them: next to nothing compared to their worth. My guess is that they get some pissy draft picks along with a JAG WR.

I called the Bills sending Dareus somewhere else back in the first or second game of the season when that story came out about him only being in the game for a limited number of defensive snaps.

Cox is a beast, no doubt. He's also missed 2 games with a calf injury and is listed as questionable for Week 6.

Schwartz D seems to thrive on having a super-quality DL.

agreed - Schwartz had his greatest success when he had two top d-linemen (Williams and Dareus in Buffalo). When he had just one good DT in Detroit (Suh), the numbers on D weren't great. In TN, Tony Brown (playing alongside Haynesworth) actually had a couple of good seasons in 2007-08, their best years under Schwartz.

The Bills at some point need to have more of a player development strategy than "find low-priced choir boys and coach 'em up." Talent/matchups win games in the NFL. They cannot keep jettisoning good young players because they're not the right "fit." This is madness. They've decided that Dawkins is now the answer at LT? Based on what? He has been totally uneven. He got beat badly a few times last week.

And if they trade Dareus and Kyle retires after this year, what then?

It's fine to stockpile draft picks but at some point they need to start accumulating good players...

What the Bills ALWAYS get when they send talented players to other teams because they don't want to pay them: next to nothing compared to their worth. My guess is that they get some pissy draft picks along with a JAG WR.

I called the Bills sending Dareus somewhere else back in the first or second game of the season when that story came out about him only being in the game for a limited number of defensive snaps.

This has nothing to do with saving money for the owner. It is not the same management as 20 years ago and it's time you stop with this crap.

Cox is a beast, no doubt. He's also missed 2 games with a calf injury and is listed as questionable for Week 6.

Schwartz D seems to thrive on having a super-quality DL.

It's a short term situation with Cox and IMO it doesn't make sense for the Eagles to commit that much money to the DT position.

The sooner Dareus is gone the better. Tired of all the drama surrounding him as his play on the field no longer warrants the headache he creates. I have no problem with Glenn being released as well. He is overpaid and the injuries are piling up. I doubt we would get any compensation for either player because their salaries don't match their production.

Edited by racketmaster

It's a short term situation with Cox and IMO it doesn't make sense for the Eagles to commit that much money to the DT position.

I'm not saying they're going to do anything, but the Eagles are in it to win it now - they have a very, very good chance to win the division this season and possibly even get a bye. Sometimes you've gotta play for the now.

Bills cannot cut or trade either guy this league year, plain and simple.

While I agree with you, there is a way to make next year's dead cap hit a little more palatable in that they can take whatever cap savings they realize this season and roll that over to next year. There was an article about the Dareus scenario recently that explained it in more detail but by rolling the cap savings to next year, his dead money went from $14m plus to $5m plus. With the expected cap room next year, I can see the Bills biting the bullet if getting rid of his attitude is perceived as a huge plus by the staff.

I don't understand the Glenn thing at all. He's a good soldier so I'm wondering if his injuries are worse than we thought.

Depends upon what they think they get for it. The Guardian used to have a pretty cool graphic on NFL salaries by team and position, and it was clear some of the championship teams invested quite heavily in the DL.

Before getting into any possibilities, let's look at the state of Buffalo's salary cap.

Bills cap space

Per Spotrac: $8.5 million

Per OverTheCap: $7.0 million

Average: $7.75 million

Currently, assuming a $178 million salary cap (would be a $10 million jump from 2017), the Bills are currently set to have a $37.3 million in cap space, the 13th-most in the NFL. Why mention next year's cap? Well, any larger salary Buffalo may take on can be split up into future years, so having an abundance of cap space in 2018 is helpful.

The two most obvious trade chips for the Bills happen to be the team's highest-paid players on each side of the ball – Marcell Dareus and Cordy Glenn.

Here are the cap ramifications for each if traded:

Marcell Dareus

2017 cap hit: $16.1 million

Dead cap if traded: $20.6 million

Possible savings: Loss of 4.49 million

The Bills also could designate Dareus as a "post-June 1" transaction, which would split the dead cap money over two years. In that case, Buffalo would eat $6.4 million in dead cap this year, save $9.7 million but incur a $14.2 million dead cap hit in 2018.

Cordy Glenn

2017 cap hit: $14.2 million

Dead cap if traded: $12.8 million

Possible savings: $1.4 million

If the Bills used a "post-June 1" designation on a Glenn trade, their dead cap hit in 2017 for him would be just $3.2 million, and they would save an even $11 million in cap space. In 2018, they'd take on a dead cap hit of $9.6 million.

Clearly, with around $8 million in cap space right now, the Bills have room to unload either of these players in a trade.

This is what the article I mentioned above alluded to. If they roll that 9.7m into next year's cap, it cuts the dead hit to around 5m

Depends upon what they think they get for it. The Guardian used to have a pretty cool graphic on NFL salaries by team and position, and it was clear some of the championship teams invested quite heavily in the DL.

I think they'll try to re-sign Jernigan for a reasonable price to keep him paired with Cox.

Edit or not, he's nothing more than a crap starting troll who contributes nothing.

what the hell are you besides a bot? Seriously, if anyone is dishing insults you're the last one that can speak with no original thought or premise other than copy and paste or knock down others.

When you have something to say, ask my permission first, it'll help.

It's not a fair fight. He's a slow troll.

At any rate, back to the subject under discussion.

and fair fight? You're the only too chicken dung to even reply to me, you hack.

You pick on those you can get a rise out of but never have the spine to engage me. Bring it little man

I hope this is wrong. You need guys in the trenches and Glenn & Dareus are special players. Sure Marcel has been a pain in the ass and Cordy has been hurt, but don't give up on these guys unless you are getting major assets back, which seem unlikely given their contracts.