Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs .Lincoln.

Ā 

The money is what prevents the Bills from moving on from either player this year, and most likely next for Big Stuff

Ā 

EDIT..Now Trapasso says trade is doable..i am so confused :doh:

Ā 

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/09/exploring-bills-trade-possibilities-heading-bye-week/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1507576457

Ā 

Before getting into any possibilities, let's look at the state of Buffalo's salary cap.

Bills cap space

Per Spotrac: $8.5 million

Per OverTheCap: $7.0 million

Average: $7.75 million

Currently, assuming a $178 million salary cap (would be a $10 million jump from 2017), the Bills are currently set to have a $37.3 million in cap space, the 13th-most in the NFL. Why mention next year's cap? Well, any larger salary Buffalo may take on can be split up into future years, so having an abundance of cap space in 2018 is helpful.

Ā 

The two most obvious trade chips for the Bills happen to be the team's highest-paid players on each side of the ball ā€“ Marcell Dareus and Cordy Glenn.

Ā 

Here are the cap ramifications for each if traded:

Ā 

Marcell Dareus

2017 cap hit: $16.1 million

Dead cap if traded: $20.6 million

Possible savings: Loss of 4.49 million

The Bills also could designate Dareus as a "post-June 1" transaction, which would split the dead cap money over two years. In that case, Buffalo would eat $6.4 million in dead cap this year, save $9.7 million but incur a $14.2 million dead cap hit in 2018.

Ā 

Cordy Glenn

2017 cap hit: $14.2 million

Dead cap if traded: $12.8 million

Possible savings: $1.4 million

If the Bills used a "post-June 1" designation on a Glenn trade, their dead cap hit in 2017 for him would be just $3.2 million, and they would save an even $11 million in cap space. In 2018, they'd take on a dead cap hit of $9.6 million.

Ā 

Clearly, with around $8 million in cap space right now, the Bills have room to unload either of these players in a trade.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs .Lincoln.

Ā 

The money is what prevents the Bills from moving on from either player this year, and most likely next for Big Stuff

Ā 

EDIT..Now Trapasso says trade is doable..i am so confused :doh:

Ā 

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/09/exploring-bills-trade-possibilities-heading-bye-week/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1507576457

Ā 

Yeah I saw that earlier. I think this gets done.

I don't think they are going to get high draft picks for either though. They are talented but Glenn has a lingering foot/ankle issue and Dareus is one negative test from 10 game suspension....plus other issues.

Ā 

Before getting into any possibilities, let's look at the state of Buffalo's salary cap.

Bills cap space

Per Spotrac: $8.5 million

Per OverTheCap: $7.0 million

Average: $7.75 million

Currently, assuming a $178 million salary cap (would be a $10 million jump from 2017), the Bills are currently set to have a $37.3 million in cap space, the 13th-most in the NFL. Why mention next year's cap? Well, any larger salary Buffalo may take on can be split up into future years, so having an abundance of cap space in 2018 is helpful.

Ā 

The two most obvious trade chips for the Bills happen to be the team's highest-paid players on each side of the ball ā€“ Marcell Dareus and Cordy Glenn.

Ā 

Here are the cap ramifications for each if traded:

Ā 

Marcell Dareus

2017 cap hit: $16.1 million

Dead cap if traded: $20.6 million

Possible savings: Loss of 4.49 million

The Bills also could designate Dareus as a "post-June 1" transaction, which would split the dead cap money over two years. In that case, Buffalo would eat $6.4 million in dead cap this year, save $9.7 million but incur a $14.2 million dead cap hit in 2018.

Ā 

Cordy Glenn

2017 cap hit: $14.2 million

Dead cap if traded: $12.8 million

Possible savings: $1.4 million

If the Bills used a "post-June 1" designation on a Glenn trade, their dead cap hit in 2017 for him would be just $3.2 million, and they would save an even $11 million in cap space. In 2018, they'd take on a dead cap hit of $9.6 million.

Ā 

Clearly, with around $8 million in cap space right now, the Bills have room to unload either of these players in a trade.

Do you have to designate "post-June 1" if it is already post-June 1?

Instead of looking to dump these guys he should be looking to dump the 4 people he needs to to ensure that 3rd round comp pick by week 10...im going to be seriously pissed if he does get rid of these guys but doesnt do what he needs to to get that comp pick.

Edited by matter2003

Instead of looking to dump these guys he should be looking to dump the 4 people he needs to to ensure that 3rd round comp pick by week 10...im going to be seriously pissed if he does get rid of these guys but doesnt do what he needs to to get that comp pick.

Ā 

Dimarco is dead weight IMO... His spot is taken by tolbert and we'd activate banyard. Not sure we can really get rid of holmes quite yet - but i assume they're getting dupre/reilly ready. Davis has been passed by Yarbrough - and we have 2 end's on the PS. Ducasse is just a body - 3 OL on the PS.

Ā 

We signed 7 and 5 were signed from us? So that would net us likely a 3 and a 4?

Edited by dneveu

Ā 

What 4 would you dump to ensure a 3rd round compensatory pick?

I still find it hard to believe we'd take on dead cap space to get rid of a good player, simply to appease a coach's ego.

Ā 

The only reason for it would be if we can work a player-for-player trade and bring in some talent that would really help the team now, say at WR.

Ā 

Glenn, I'm kind of finding hard to believe. What team would trade for an injured player?

I'm envisioning Andre the Giant-like qualities of booze needed to get that big fella sauced.

Ā 

Does he also get two separate hotel rooms when on the road like Andre did? You know, one room to live in, and then the bathtub of the other used as his #2 depository?

Ā 

I don't believe so. Would be news to me.

Ā 

I believe if we trade him they pay the base salary - we pay the amortized bonuses up front as a cap charge for 2017..? I guess i could be wrong?

Ā 

For dareus that would be 20.6 million in bonuses plus whatever salary we already paid? (roster bonuses and base salary for this aren't added - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/)- His cap hit currently stands at 16.4 million.

Ā 

For Glenn that would be 14.8 million in bonuses plus whatever salary is already paid for 2017. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/- his cap hit stands at 14.2 milion.

Ā 

I would consider it unlikely - but certainly possible.

The speculation is that's why he didn't play on Sunday. Resting/healing up so he can pass a physical if there is a trade.

Ā 

Yep...something has to be up. McDermott says he wants to find the best 5 guys but Glenn sits and Mills still plays?

LEGIT POST from a 4-post forum member.

Ā 

You're right. Glenn isn't one of our best 5 offensive lineman. Mills is clearly better.

If we can get Garropolo or Mahomes do it.

Ā 

Salvage the season with competent qb play or some hope for the future.

Ā 

I'm sure the Chiefs would give up the guy they traded up to #10 just this past year.

Ā 

Seriously? Are either one of these viable in any way?

Ā 

It can't be serious.

Or maybe he will respond with "I am serious and don't call me Shirley"

Ā 

I believe if we trade him they pay the base salary - we pay the amortized bonuses up front as a cap charge for 2017..? I guess i could be wrong?

Ā 

For dareus that would be 20.6 million in bonuses plus whatever salary we already paid? (roster bonuses and base salary for this aren't added - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/)- His cap hit currently stands at 16.4 million.

Ā 

For Glenn that would be 14.8 million in bonuses plus whatever salary is already paid for 2017. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/- his cap hit stands at 14.2 milion.

Ā 

I would consider it unlikely - but certainly possible.

Per Spotrac's figures:

Trade Dareus =

2017 Dead Cap of $6.67M

2018 Dead Cap of $14.2M

2017 Cap Savings of $9.75M

2017 Net of $3.08M Savings

Ā 

Trade Glenn =

2017 Dead Cap of $5.2M

2018 Dead Cap of $9.6M

2017 Cap Savings of $9M

2017 Net of $3.2M Savings

ROTFLMFAO

Ā 

Says the guy that seriously copys and pastes everything and every link he can get his hands on.

Ā 

Bold statement. Very bold.

Ā 

Stop trollin' MrsOntheRag. Of course you would be too slow to discern credible sourcing.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz