Interesting Dareus post on facebook-Bills Mafia page

Stop trollin' MrsOntheRag.

lol. Yeah. I'm trolling.

Not as much as you troll instagram, twitter, Facebook, AIM, yahoo, google, MySpace, farmersonly.com, and every other site you can find that might have some info. Just so you can be the first to post a link.

Youre hilarious dude.

Edited by mrags

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Yeah. I'm trolling.

Not as much as you troll instagram, twitter, Facebook, AIM, yahoo, google, MySpace, farmersonly.com, and every other site you can find that might have some info. Just so you can be the first to post a link.

Your hilarious dude.

It's you're. :lol:

Take it for what it is, but a young man named Doran Wallace posted a pic with Dareus, going on to say that Marcell was telling him that he and Cordy will likely be gone during the bye week. Also criticized McBeane as well.

Could just be...bs attention seeking nonsense.

He seems very sincere tho.

Gone, like on vacation?

I dont think its an ego thing- Marcell has been a pain in the butt underachiever headache since he has been here.

This is simply untrue. Not since he has been here.

Dareus was pretty widely recognized as the best DT in football in 2014 under Schwartz, also recognized as very strong talent in 2013 under Pettine .

Also keep in mind the context of Dareus contract - the Suh deal, the Mario deal. It was a mistake, in hindsight, not to have escape clauses but, at the time, his agent could have stood pat and said "then we'll test the market", which looked pretty strong. In hindsight, the Bills should have insisted and said "well test the market then" but, hindsight is alway so perceptive and after 2014 if we'd let the guy who played as certainly one of if not the best DTs in football walk, the screaming would have been in the other direction.

Dareus was DRUNK

the guy who stiffed rehab

the guy who is out of shape

the guy who is injury prone

the guy who was kicked off team and told to find his own way home

the guy who gets half the snaps of a player of his pay grade

why would McD/ Beane be looking to trade him ??? (sarcasm)

Dareus was DRUNK

Translates to teams should be lining up to take that contract.

I still find it hard to believe we'd take on dead cap space to get rid of a good player, simply to appease a coach's ego.

It has nothing to do with ego if he is being a cancer for this team. If he is truly putting the GM down and doesn't want to be here then I'm sure this crap attitude is resonating in the locker room and playing field. I'm sure guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood are just tired of this guy. I would also guess that McDermott holds meetings with his leadership team and gets a feel for the heartbeat of his team. Dareus is a baby in a grown mans body. Please quit defending him by talking about ego's. If we don't keep him it is because his play on Sundays doesn't outweigh the mess he created with his attitude, behavior, immaturity, and self-centeredness. If his cap hit doesn't keep the Bills from dumping him then that will just tell you how much they do not value him.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Caught him before the edit. :lol:

actually, I was editing within 10 seconds. But the troller of new sites and F5 machine was too quick to the draw there.

It's ok. I am not worried about spellcheck like most idiots. Last I checked this is a football site not an English class.

Edit or not, he's nothing more than a crap starting troll who contributes nothing.

says the guy that has about 30,000 posts thy are all one word answers and clicks to links that are in the main page of the site.

Again. You crack me up.

It's not a fair fight. He's a slow troll.

At any rate, back to the subject under discussion.

Back to the subject. Hurry up and log into your current madden franchise and see what the reports are there. Edited by mrags

Dareus was DRUNK

How else do you play yourself off a team?

Slow your troll and contribute something to the discussion. Never mind, it's beyond you. Keep trollin"

you are right. I probably will. I just like to make you miserable.

But back to the real topic. You discredited the source that someone else linked. I know it is probably false. Years and years of reading your useless crap has taught me to never put anything into useless links.

But I understand why you shot the OP down so quickly. You can't have someone else coming here and copy and pasting links. That's your only purpose in life. I get it.

Edited by mrags

Takes you to a facebook search page.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1405930252956886#!/groups/1405930252956886

This takes you to the group, it's a couple posts down. From Doran Wallace.

Based on his comments Dareus was drunk and venting about a lot. I don't think Dareus actually knows for sure anything will happen, he was just drunk and spouting off.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1405930252956886#!/groups/1405930252956886

This takes you to the group, it's a couple posts down. From Doran Wallace.

Based on his comments Dareus was drunk and venting about a lot. I don't think Dareus actually knows for sure anything will happen, he was just drunk and spouting off.

I think the conversation happened and I don't think the kid is lying but the question is what Dareus was saying legit? Was he venting for the sake of venting or is he hearing something and then venting?

If anything is happening, I think it would come from their agents and how they would know.

Dareus is getting the least amount of snaps on our DL and Glenn doesn't look like he's our starting LT anymore. Something is definitely up.

If someone knows better than me, please correct me....but I think player for player trade is unlikely. We'll take a dead cap hit and absorbing another player contract.

I think it's going to be for picks.

unless... there's another team out there with a player that has a high cap hit and they are looking toner rid of them as well.

Very difficult to bring in salary while absorbing dead money.

I hear you. As I understand it, though, if the Bills trade a player now, the amortized bonus accelerates into next year's cap, not this (that's certainly true if a player is traded at the deadline).

Per OTC, Bills have $7M in cap at present.

Trading Dareus would save $6.7M of his current guaranteed salary so $13.7M in cap.

Trading Glenn would save $6.2M of his current guaranteed salary so $19.9M in cap

Bottom line, assuming we could trade them and have the bonus go into next year's cap, we do have cap space to take on some salary.

Next question: to trade a player, especially a high-paid player, during the season, you need a team that has reason to believe that player would make an immediate impact. This is where it gets more questionable.

For Dareus, I would think the best candidate trade partner might be the Eagles. Dareus was a star of stars under Jim Schwartz. Like all coaches, I'm sure Schwartz would think he could motivate MD and bring him back to form. And maybe he could - certainly MD's skillset shone in 2014 under Schwartz. The Eagles are 4-1 and are look poised to contend with a #6 scoring offense, but their D is in the middle of the pack, has been giving up fairly mediocre YPA and YPP numbers. Looking ahead, they have to think if their D could take a step, they're a serious Championship threat. And, without the bonus money, Dareus contract the next 2 years isn't bad.

But, the Eagles only have $6.9 in cap. Wait, $6.7M MD salary remaining - in theory, they could do this. Then the next question would be: is there someone the Eagles are willing to trade to us, that would fill a need?

Clearly we need a WR. Alshon Jeffrey? I wouldn't give him up. But....the Eagles have 2 other legit top WR and a top TE. Jeffrey is on a 1 year contract. If they like their bench, would we do it?

I dunno, I think trying to move one of those guys to bring in a piece we need isn't beyond the realm. Both, I don't see how we can do it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Next year the Bills will have a large number of high end picks, six picks in the first three rounds. Since that's the case if there is no change in Dareus's attitude and work habits then just take the cap hit and move on. Because we have so many picks next year's roster should have a disproportionate number of young players whose salary will be manageable. McDermott and Beane have clearly stated the type of players they want. It's clear that Dareus doesn't fit in.

It's a shame to see players not play up to their potential. There was a period of time when Dareus demonstrated that he was one of the best interior linemen in the league. If he had the desire and commitment he would be worth his contract. Unless there is an unlikely dramatic change in Dareus's approach to the game it is best for him and the team to move on from each other.

I hear you. As I understand it, though, if the Bills trade a player now, the amortized bonus accelerates into next year's cap, not this (that's certainly true if a player is traded at the deadline).

Per OTC, Bills have $7M in cap at present.

Trading Dareus would save $6.7M of his current guaranteed salary so $13.7M in cap.

Trading Glenn would save $6.2M of his current guaranteed salary so $19.9M in cap

Bottom line, assuming we could trade them and have the bonus go into next year's cap, we do have cap space to take on some salary.

Next question: to trade a player, especially a high-paid player, during the season, you need a team that has reason to believe that player would make an immediate impact. This is where it gets more questionable.

For Dareus, I would think the best candidate trade partner might be the Eagles. Dareus was a star of stars under Jim Schwartz. Like all coaches, I'm sure Schwartz would think he could motivate MD and bring him back to form. And maybe he could - certainly MD's skillset shone in 2014 under Schwartz. The Eagles are 4-1 and are look poised to contend with a #6 scoring offense, but their D is in the middle of the pack, has been giving up fairly mediocre YPA and YPP numbers. Looking ahead, they have to think if their D could take a step, they're a serious Championship threat. And, without the bonus money, Dareus contract the next 2 years isn't bad.

But, the Eagles only have $6.9 in cap. Wait, $6.7M MD salary remaining - in theory, they could do this. Then the next question would be: is there someone the Eagles are willing to trade to us, that would fill a need?

Clearly we need a WR. Alshon Jeffrey? I wouldn't give him up. But....the Eagles have 2 other legit top WR and a top TE. Jeffrey is on a 1 year contract. If they like their bench, would we do it?

I dunno, I think trying to move one of those guys to bring in a piece we need isn't beyond the realm. Both, I don't see how we can do it.

The Eagles have Fletcher Cox at DT. They don't need Dareus.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz