Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

Best I can say is that if we didn't take Worthy, he was probably going to be there at #32 anyways. If KC wants to give us the picks for the pleasure, by all means.

It's crazy ballsy of course. Because if Worthy is a star, Beane will never live it down. I'm mostly okay with it though.

• Agree 1

Just now, Virgil said:

WGR is saying that the Bills might try to trade back again

The value will be lessened courtesy the trade back to 32, unless they do a similar thing to upgrade later round picks to pick up the slack.

32 = 35 + 138 from Arizona

32 = 39 + 101 from Carolina

32 = 40 + 100 from Washington

• Agree 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I believe the Bills didn't want Worthy, saw who was picking after than and had a good idea who they were going to pick and realized the Chiefs were going to wind up with Worthy anyway so they traded and picked up a 3rd. Optics are awful for people who wanted worthy, but we obviously didn't want him.  I dunno what else they could do, call around and ask everyone "hey we will trade out of the 1st and give you a sweetheart deal if you take Worthy?" I understand the frustration but you can't fixate on a single player when you don't know who the team wants. 

For what it’s worth, I didn’t want Worthy either. I believe he plays much slower in pads than the 40 time shows.

But you just don’t trade with your nemesis. You don’t trade with the team that already took a HOF QB from you. You don’t trade with a team that has beaten you in the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years.

You don’t trade with a team you’re trying to catch!

I hate this so much. And all for a 3rd round pick? 

We better hope and pray i’m right about Worthy and he doesn’t turn into Tyreek Hill 2.0. If that happens and we gave up Mahomes AND Hill 2.0 … oofta.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Guys.. Get over that the pick was the chiefs.... we got a THIRD ROUND PICK! its a WIN..

and there are still GOOD Wr's on the field.

You still had to give them a 4th so it was not just getting a pick,  Beanne is overrated

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

First KC comments I read were along the lines of "Worthy would have been there at 32 - would rather have taken Mitchell."

Might be a chess move by Beane.  Won't know for some time.

Worthy would definite been there at 32. So the Bills got extra compensation and didn’t give the Chiefs anything they wouldn’t have gotten anyway. I don’t understand those who are against this, unless you thought the Bills should have drafted Worthy, which would have been a big mistake.

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

So would you prefer the Bills take worthy to spite the chiefs, but can’t use him effectively and he busts, or take someone at 28 that would have been available at 32 anyway and not move up 30 spots into the 3rd round?

If you can’t figure out how to use that speed to your advantage, you don’t belong coaching in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

So would you prefer the Bills take worthy to spite the chiefs, but can’t use him effectively and he busts, or take someone at 28 that would have been available at 32 anyway and not move up 30 spots into the 3rd round?

honest answer, I don’t trade with kc there without a premium 

are you ok if mahomes throws to worthy to beat us in the playoffs next year?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm disgusted.

The Chiefs?!? Abdicating to the Chiefs, again?!?

Even if we get a guy I like at 32, and we will, I'm just sick of getting cucked by KC.

Beane drafting a DB to cover (or fail to cover) the WR he just gave KC is like this era of Bills in a nutshell. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Guys.. Get over that the pick was the chiefs.... we got a THIRD ROUND PICK! its a WIN..

and there are still GOOD Wr's on the field.

You don’t help the team that’s been picking your pocket for three years!! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

KC was GOING TO GET  SPEED WR ANYWAY: Worthy, Legette, or Mitchell. 

So all this drama is a little much. Who knows if any of those three guys will be good let alone great. And they were going to get one of them.  

They need a WR and they want speed. We couldn't stop them from taking one and they might have taken Worthy without the trade anyways.

Relax.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, PauleeeWalnuts said:

You don’t trade with the Chiefs, period. Bad enough they gave them the next Tyreek Hill

The next Tyreek Hill he is not

Anyone who thinks this doesn't realize the difference between the two

• Agree 1

If the Bills didn't want Worthy you have to trust your evaluations that he's not going to kill you on KC. If you were afraid he was going to kill you year after year you would have taken him yourself

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Worthy 6/23 on deep balls.  5/21 on contested catches.  He’s not that good of a deep ball guy.

He fits KC short throw attack where they lead the league in throws near or behind the LOS which Worthy had 21% of his targets be screens and 40% of snaps in the slot.

Worthy was always a terrible fit in Buffalo

Fine but you have the best offensive mind in football working with him 

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

This is a loser mentality.

Dont make a good trade because you’re scared your rival might pick someone they like?

I’ve seen too much of this mentality. Act like we have one of the best QBs in the league and expect to win.

I think it is a fine trade. I’m not sure it’s a good trade.

But at the same time you wouldn’t apply that logic to trading Diggs to KC for a fair return. KC would have to pay a major tax. 

I'm guessing the Bills wanted either Worthy or Legette, and figured one of them would be available at 32.  Worthy is very fast but not all speed guys turn into great receivers.  

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Clowns, look at your own polls on who to take if you had your choice with the Bills staying at 28 or trading back?

Worthy was what, 20% of the share?

Now KC has him and we still pick 4 picks later and gained a 3rd rounder and its freakout time...smdh

They’re afraid of their own shadow. KC is the monster under their bed. 

We become a dynasty by marching to our own drum, not obsessing over KC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Who says this guy is the next Tyreek hill? 🤣

His record-setting speed, paired with Andy Reid's offensive genius, combined with the best QB in the league.

Pretty good chance he blows up big.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1