Diggs traded to Texans for picks

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Diggs could suck now. Watch him not eclipse 800 yards next year.

@Alphadawg7 its victory lap time 

I think he’ll try and be on his best behavior….for the first year. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Can’t really be any other option…

Sounds like they didn’t feel they had the ammunition to move into the range they were wanting so made a move to pick up extra. Should have traded Cooks instead. I’d rather see another RB than get rid of the guy who’s been Josh’s crutch for several seasons. 

At a loss for words really. 

I think Kincaid is going to be his crutch for this season

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Diggs could suck now. Watch him not eclipse 800 yards next year.

@Alphadawg7 its victory lap time 

Well that’s because I thought we wouldn’t take the cap hit and would wait until next year.  I mean a lot of us thought the same, including you lol.  

The one thing that excites me about this is what this means for Shakir.  I think he could be a 1000 yard WR now for us this next season and I can’t wait to see him in an expanded role.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ugh here we go again with the media making something out of nothing! Sure Adam Schefter himself tweeted out that Diggs is being traded but he's probably just reading into tweets. This is a nothing burger. Allen said he loves Diggs. Beane said he'll be on the team. I for one can't wait to see Diggs rocking the Bills red white and blue this September.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Well that’s because I thought we wouldn’t take the cap hit and would wait until next year.  I mean a lot of us thought the same, including you lol.  

The one thing that excites me about this is what this means for Shakir.  I think he could be a 1000 yard WR now for us this next season and I can’t wait to see him in an expanded role.  

I know I’m just kidding.

I am shocked they pulled this trigger. 

Going to be a big package to move up and grab one of the big 3. They’ll take the Diggs compensation, this years and next years fiirst, and I bet it does to the Giants.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Ugh here we go again with the media making something out of nothing! Sure Adam Schefter himself tweeted out that Diggs is being traded but he's probably just reading into tweets. This is a nothing burger. Allen said he loves Diggs. Beane said he'll be on the team. I for one can't wait to see Diggs rocking the Bills red white and blue this September.

Diggs said he wants to retire a Bill two years ago. No way he’s moved.

• Haha (+1) 4

I’ll believe it when I see it.  But if true I assume they talked to Josh and he didn’t want to deal with the distractions anymore.  Has to be a prelude to a move way up in round 1 for one of the top WRs in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Oh boy I’m surprised to the Texans but pick # 44 better be involved. I did say that it wouldn’t surprise me if they are the dead cap if they could get back an early 2nd rounder. I have to assume that’s involved 

Double dip at WR coming? Puts my boy McConkey back on the table lol

Bills receive 2025 second-round pick via Minnesota.

Texans receive Stefon Diggs and a 2024 sixth-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round pick. https://t.co/WlL4mAaavz

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/texans-trade-for-bills-star-stefon-diggs

Feels like we gave up too much, Diggs and the picks? Seriously I would think if giving up picks we'd also look to get a player back. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1000 pages by midnight. 

I've been saying this for weeks - he’s going to be 31.  It’s over.  He is well past his peak.  

He flamed out the second half the last 2 seasons.  

Time to move on.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

Andre Reed would like to say hi.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 12

Just now, JJGauna said:

It’s a tough reality but can’t ignore how Diggs disappeared last season. Unfortunately it’s time to move on.

Yes, definitely has been underwhelming in the playoffs if you remove the Miami game. 

Would have liked to move on next year in the event there’s someone in place to take his position. Better hope the guys who’ve been in the league; Samuel/Shakir/Hollins show up. 

Feel that King Cade showing up helped this trade not feel as bad to them more than the acquisitions made this off-season. 

Top player and obvious fan fav’ is always tough to see moved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m guessing Josh is not shedding a tear over the trade.  Diggs had become nothing but a PITA. 

Very likely the truth, 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

so how can we turn this into Harrison?

So I would expect the Vikings to be not great this year so hopefully that 2025 2nd rounder is in the top 40. 

It would still probably take 28 a 2025 first and the Vikings 2025 2nd to begin the conversation 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Gigantic cap hit

Unless Houston decides to eat his whole contract. That’s the only way this makes sense if possible but if not it just says Diggs was a huge problem for the team. 

Edited by Iverwig

Oof.  In a vaccuum, I'm okay with trading Diggs, but I was hoping for a better haul than this.  A second rounder a full year away, plus we're throwing in late picks?  Yikes.  Maybe Diggs really is cooked at this point if the Bills are willing to sell for that price.  Because now you're not just replacing Davis in the draft, you're replacing Diggs as well.

We'd better not sell off next year's #1 to move up for a WR.  This could be a down year (so could any year, if Allen gets hurt) and our 2025 #1 could be in the teens instead of the twenties.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

Maybe not never but easily the best since Eric Moulds 

• Like (+1) 3