What will you do when the Bills win the Super Bowl?

WotAGuy

I'll enjoy the sense of peace.

I truly cannot have peace right now. I meditate, I eat right, I have a very good perspective on life w/ all of its triumphs & setbacks.  But the Bills not winning a title is like some sort of wall between me & true happiness that I can't see beyond, or get past.

Probably sounds a bit melodramatic.  But I do not have peace.  When the Bills win it all - I will, and plan to just enjoy that experience.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Me —->

Honestly, I'll lose it and cry like a baby.  Decades of pain and disappointment released in one moment.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bawl like a baby and scream so loud the entire neighborhood will hear me with all the windows and doors shut 

I am 100% right there with you. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

probably demand someone be fired, complain about the cap situation, talk about the draft and get angry our coaches are poached.

We win the Super Bowl and the Pats get a comp pick??  F that!!

• Haha (+1) 1

In the end, I’ll hug the homies and will probably get about 10,000 texts saying congratulations. 🙌🙏

Then I’ll def overdrink, get over the hangover and like, go back to work on Monday 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Success said:

I'll enjoy the sense of peace.

I truly cannot have peace right now. I meditate, I eat right, I have a very good perspective on life w/ all of its triumphs & setbacks.  But the Bills not winning a title is like some sort of wall between me & true happiness that I can't see beyond, or get past.

Probably sounds a bit melodramatic.  But I do not have peace.  When the Bills win it all - I will, and plan to just enjoy that experience.

I get this.  

The Bills are my team because they were my Dad’s team and he’s been gone since I was 16 - almost 50 years ago. I have a deep attachment to the team because of that. 

I have peace now, but there is definitely a hole that will be filled when they win it all. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would have cried, but I'm a Red Sox fan and I weeped pretty damn hard for that in 2004 so my father & mother could get to see one before they left this earth. I'm a Bills, Sabres, Sox fan, 1918 -2004... that was a massive one for me to enjoy.

It would be a huge relief for me, but mostly for the Bills fans who still live in WNY. 

I remember the week hangovers when the Bills lost regular season, playoff games. The dark clouds, miserableness etc..

I mean look at the welcoming the Bills get when they lose at the airport, city hall (SB25) for example. Could you imagine if they won??!!

Living away from there for a long time doesn't hurt me as much when they lose anymore, age too. 

But, it's not about me, it's about the locals that live, breath & eat the Bills. That would make me so happy to witness that! 

P.S. Great post BTW!

• Like (+1) 1

Will immediately buy some SB merch and obnoxiously wear it everyday everywhere, starting with the victory parade in Buffalo that I will purchase overpriced Delta tickets for to attend with my son. Oh, and leave a recording of the Shout song on my nephew’s voicemail, nutter Chiefs fan that he is! (Doubtless we had to beat Chefs in the playoffs to get to the SB) 🤔.

And also will be reflecting on the ghosts of our past, those 90’s teams that captured my heart and imagination as a youngster, and how this day would be affecting them as well…

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's been 32 years to the day since Wide Right. January 27 1991

I've been a loyal fan since 1981.

Have followed every game since.

As a 24 year old I was on my knees praying to the good Lord when Norwood lined up for the FG

Cried like a baby when it sailed right.

Broken, but confident they would bring one to Buffalo because of all the talent they had on those teams.

Still waiting faithfully. 

What will I do? Cry like a baby like it was January 27, 1991.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Cry. Not joking either.

I'll remember past family and friends that have left this Earth and wanted to see that. They will be with me in that moment.

There are literally millions that will have the exact same response ❤️ I was really hoping it would be this year because the person that introduced me to the bills in 86 passed away at the end of August…. but sadly it didn’t happen. 

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's been 32 years to the day since Wide Right. January 27 1991

I've been a loyal fan since 1981.

Have followed every game since.

As a 24 year old I was on my knees praying to the good Lord when Norwood lined up for the FG

Cried like a baby when it sailed right.

Broken, but confident they would bring one to Buffalo because of all the talent they had on those teams.

Still waiting faithfully. 

What will I do? Cry like a baby like it was January 27, 1991.

My 13th birthday. 
Still haunts me every January 27th. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I'll be relieved of my fandom. I will have the necessary closure to let this team go, once and for all. At least that's what I hope will happen. 

Nope.  You'll almost immediately start thinking about next year.  Trust me.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m originally from Western NY. I will be watching it with my family out there. Every year I take the days after the Super Bowl off as soon as the bills clinch a playoff spot.  I imagine celebrating for about a half hour with my family. Tears of joy. Crying. Hugging. Shouting. Rejoicing. Jubilation. Punching things due to a violent happy rage.  

At about 11pm eastern I would hop in my car, attach a big bills flag pole on my car and just drive around honking to the tune of “let’s go buffalo” and just observe all of the wild parties, scenes, commotion, drunkenness, and Camaraderie.

I have been married. I have seen the birth of my 3 children. I’m only missing one thing in life.  

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a standing agreement at work that if/when the Bills make the Super Bowl that I am to have off the following week regardless of the outcome. I would be insufferable if they lost, but if we win? WHEN we win? I will be watching the game in Buffalo so I can start the sobbing/celebrating immediately (I live a few hours away). I’ll find a way to the airport to welcome the team home. I will be at the parade, and will just be drunk from the feeling of FINALLY getting that elusive championship. 

My feeling is this: we might win multiple championships at some point, but there will never be another first. I intend to be there, because anything that comes after will just be a welcome extra, and will not have the same meaning or significance as the first.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.