Who will you root for - Miami or KC?

sleeby

Fins or Chiefs  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for next saturday?

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I would like to avoid playing the Fish a 3rd time

Only way to play them now is if it's the afccg in buffalo

But I'm not clamoring for that matchup.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping CLE eland can knock out Baltimore, and it takes Miami losing round 1 (among other things) to get that to happen.

Obviously if the ravens are out, the AFC runs through Buffalo 

Bills KC at home. Take down Patty and show him what the other QBs have dealt with his entire blessed career. Browns go to Baltimore in a close to 50/50 game. It’s not inconceivable they could host the AFC championship.
But enough of the hypothetical. The Steelers will make life difficult and with bad weather it’s gonna be a grind. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Read the post and/or do the tournament math: the Bills CANNOT host Miami in the divisional round. Miami would be the lowest seed, and therefore would automatically travel to the top seed, Baltimore. 

I prefer KC, to be honest. Finally get them on the road, in Orchard Park, in front of fans. They've never done it successfully in the playoffs during Mahomes' career (which is just maddening). 

No I want Miami in the AFC title 

game 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

I know KC is having a down year but I think people picking KC over Cleveland or Houston are insane. They are the reigning super bowl champions and last I looked still have Patrick Mahomes. I like the fact that it would be in Buffalo but I'd still be very worried about past demons rearing their ugly head. 

My number one choice by far is CJ Stroud and the Texans  in Orchard Park. Not sure they'd stand much chance. I give the steelers this week more of a chance than the Texans . 

I'd also take Cleveland over KC. Clevelands defense does look dominant but I'm still not sold on Flacco. Over his 5 game stretch he had 8 interceptions , that would have equated to 27 over a 17 game season, second most in the history of the league. I don't see lightning in a bottle striking twice with Flacco.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This team needs the opportunity to knock out the defending champs that have ended our season multiple times...one in absolutely heartbreaking fashion.

KC is a demon that we need to slay in the playoffs to get that monkey off our back.

But first, let's take care of Pittsburgh...who will have nothing to lose since nobody expects them to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

The playoff draw really couldn't be better for us. I kind of feel that this might have to be our year. 

The NFC doesn't scare me all that much - we know we can beat the Eagles and Cowboys. And Purdy is untested in the playoffs. We will play everyone in the AFC but the Ravens at home - and they have the playoff Lamar factor, while our boys are playoff veterans now. 

It's never a given, but there is a real potential road to glory this year in a way I don't think we've quite had before. 

• Agree 1

I want Cleveland to go to Baltimore and let those two battle and knock one or the other out. The chiefs seem weaker right now than Baltimore and Cleveland.  However the prospects of losing to the chiefs at home are not appealing.  That seems like the ideal path. 

You know what we've all been told about "ASSuming," right?  => You make an A$$ of U and ME.

How about we ASSume nothing and focus on the dreaded Steelers?

Or, as Patsy Cline once sang, "One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus," yes, please, one day (one game) at a time, Bills fans, one game at a time!

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Process said:

I'd feel confident vs all three but with a choice I'd take Houston. Looks like we have a week of cold and crappy weather coming up which I think Stroud would struggle with. Plus McDermott vs a rookie QB. 

I don't see how Miami beats KC though. 

What makes you think Stroud would struggle any more than the norm? He did play plenty of bad weather games at Ohio St. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

One game at a time Pittsburgh is not gonna be a cakewalk

I agree. I'm not even thinking about the potential next opponent. This Bills team has won some pretty ugly games. Last five games they have won. 

Chiefs: Very fortunate to win. Offense struggled.

Cowboys: Great win!

Chargers: Very fortunate to win. Offense struggled.

Patriots: Very fortunate to win. Team looked off.

Dolphins win: Too many turnovers. Big special team's play was a game changer. Escaped with a win. 

Have the Bills really played well in their current 5 game winning streak? The offense continues to be a big question mark. Whether it's drops, poor protection, Diggs question marks, and or bad Allen 

The Bills defense has been able to finish out the games. Nevertheless, winning 5 straight is very impressive even if it's mostly ugly. The resilience of the team is quite impressive. 

On paper, the Bills are a much better team than Pitt. They should win the game. 

15 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Pffff give me Miami!!!

are you guys nuts wanting the experience of kc?

now would I love KC in buffalo?  Yes!!!

but!!!

Miami is the weaker opponent 

The Bills can't play Miami again unless Miami not only beats KC but also Baltimore, two teams that have already beaten them.   If they get past the Chiefs, the Fish are not beating the Ravens because Miami not only has trouble beating good teams, they can't win against physical defenses, and the Ravens are notoriously physical.   All their losses this year have been to teams with strong, physical defenses:  the Bills twice, the Chiefs, the Eagles, the Titans, and the Ravens.

The Browns have a chance to beat the Ravens, which would give the Bills home field advantage if the Bills take care of their business.  The Fish don't.

Edited by SoTier

Pat has only ever played at home in the playoffs, out with the SB. 

That is still nuts. He has another one this week and I think another win. Catching some of the coverage networks are doing of teams this week for the playoffs; Miami look deflated. I think there’s a realisation that there defense has just way too many injuries to stop a HOF QB. Now, let me say I don’t think they’ve given up; they still have one of, if not, the best offenses in the league and healthy have a chance to snag a win in Arrowhead… Afterward becomes the problem. 

I don’t really care tbh.  More importantly, I don’t want Baltimore to play Miami.  I don’t think Miami has any chance to take down the 1 seed.  

I will definitely be rooting for KC over Miami.  

• Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 12:56 AM, sleeby said:

All things aside (injuries, etc), Miami stunk.  This game reminded me of a few others this year in which the Bills' offense handed the game over to the other team whilst also dominating them in time and yards.  Jets, week 1, to start with.  The bad teams usually won those - jets, pats, broncos; giants just couldn't take the offered win but came close.

Anyhow, point is that we dominated Miami twice this year as well as several previous years.  We also do well against the chiefs save for playoff games.  Miami is a division rival which makes them more familiar with us and so dangerous.

Either game would be in Buffalo. 

So, who will you be rooting for next Saturday?  

I want KC for a variety of reasons. 

The old "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" rule. The "not wanting to meet divisional rivals in the playoffs" reasoning. I also just think after how "fresh and revolutionary" that offense was touted and how the media built up the Dolphins all season that seeing them complete the collapse and go from almost #1 seed to losing the division and being 1 and done in the playoffs would be absolutely hysterical.

I also want the Chiefs so we finally have the opportunity to play that team in our house, in front of our crowd and eliminate the defending Champs. It almost feels like a right of passage that HAS to happen. I would also like to see us beat the Chiefs so that if we go on to win a Super Bowl there is no "Yeah, well they didn't have to beat Mahomes to get there. They had an easier road". 

And I do think KC wins this one. Tua on the road against a good defense is not a good matchup for the fish. KC offense hasn't been great, but Miami is severely banged up on defense. The weather and matchup scream Pacheco to dominate to me. 

• Agree 2

I think Miami has a better chance of folding in the cold in Buffalo

But like others, I sure would finally like to see KC actually play in Buffalo.

But if we are talking favorable matchups... I think Buffalo has better odds at beating Miami in cold at home.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I want KC for a variety of reasons. 

The old "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" rule. The "not wanting to meet divisional rivals in the playoffs" reasoning.. 

If the Dolphins win they go to Baltimore the following week and the Bills, if they beat Pittsburgh, would get the winner of the Texans/Browns.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’ll care after 4:30pm Sunday. Need to beat Pittsburgh first.  They aren’t coming to Orchard Park to lose.

Legit. Our guy Superman may not be able to fly in weather. Clark Kent brought down to Mason Rudolf’s level

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

If the Dolphins win they go to Baltimore the following week and the Bills, if they beat Pittsburgh, would get the winner of the Texans/Browns.

I'm aware. But the longer Miami is in the better chance of running into them. 

bold prediction. if the browns and ravens play in the divisional round - the winner will not win the super bowl and may not even make it due to being too banged up.

further, the browns winning would be their superbowl. the ravens winning would put them back on their normal trend of being the ravens and losing playoff games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.