IF (Caps IF), we clinch a playoff spot before the Dolphins game, would you rest Josh?

Virgil

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

A - When did you change your avatar?  I get confused easily

B - I know, it was more of an overall thought, not just for this year.  

Changed it about a month and a half ago. Part of my band's logo. 

I'm Captain Obvious. I look like him too, only a hipster version

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah I’m aware of the obvious trolls posting here regularly , I’m sure Virgil is a great contributor and I’ve enjoyed his breakdowns.

I was more so pointing out my own inadequacies when trying to differentiate between an “effective” troll and someone asking a legitimate question.

I pity the man who challenges the Virg.  He might slap the following lyrics on you:
"Hey! What gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out
But to keep Mother Nature in?
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face 'Man, you're some kind of sinner'"

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Listen, I know how important the #2 seed can be.  I don't want to downplay that at all.  However, if some of these reports out there are true and Josh is battling an injury that needs rest, would it make more sense to give Josh, and maybe some others, the week off?  I'm sure Hyde's neck could use a break too.

I'm sure this will get me flamed, but if playing on the road for the playoffs means that Josh is even 20% healthier, is that worth it?  

The question I keep posing for fans that hope the Steelers/Jags lose so the Bills get into the playoffs no matter what ahead of the Miami game is simple....if they can't win this week in Miami, what makes you think they would do it the following week? Keeping in mind...

- JA17/McDummy have never won a road playoff game

- Miami is will be much more healthier next week than they are now even if some of these hobbled guys like Waddle try and go on SNF.

- Miami would be 8-1 at home with a win, Bills 3-6 on the road.

This is why at this point I'm hoping this is truly an 'all or nothing' game for the Bills and win to get the #2 seed/division or lose and be sitting home for the playoffs if anything to show who McDummy/JA17 really are, with the emphasis more on the former than latter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Listen, I know how important the #2 seed can be.  I don't want to downplay that at all.  However, if some of these reports out there are true and Josh is battling an injury that needs rest, would it make more sense to give Josh, and maybe some others, the week off?  I'm sure Hyde's neck could use a break too.

I'm sure this will get me flamed, but if playing on the road for the playoffs means that Josh is even 20% healthier, is that worth it?  

I'm not saying I would.  Maybe play him for a bit and see how he feels.  But I care more about a healthier Josh because we don't win without him. (Minus the Dallas game)

HELL NO! Take the home playoff games and send Miami to KC.  

It's supposed to be wintry, breezy and low teens, possible single digits in KC for Wild Card weekend.   By all means, the game on SNF has to be treated as Playoff game #1.  Send Miami to KC in single digits.  I want no part of a rematch in Arrowhead. 

• Like (+1) 1

No,  I wouldn't,  unless it were to clearly benefit him and the team for the playoffs. If his injury isn't going to be worsened by playing,  or be significantly improved over a week of rest,  then let him play.  Division title aside,  the passing game has been off and they need the reps. 

*FUUUUKC* NO

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'm not saying I would.  Maybe play him for a bit and see how he feels.  But I care more about a healthier Josh because we don't win without him. (Minus the Dallas game)

I don't think the Bills run all over the Cowboys without Allen. He's the threat the Cowboys couldn't ignore. 

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Never.  

Home playoff games are gold.

Especially if the Ravens get upset in the divisional round. Could you imagine the atmosphere in the stadium for the AFCCG. It would be off the charts insane.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man, we just need the game to start haha. 

A-freaking-men. 

Rest Josh when potentially vying for the 2 seed vs the 7 seed. Home vs away? Potential for home throughout if Baltimore trips up. Potential home AFCCG, but at least home through the divisional. 

I’m not sure if you all need to stop drinking or start drinking more. 

This is great post, this is what message boards (and pub sports talk) are all about

You play him. If the wild card matchup was more favorable, maybe it's a thought. But the path as the 2 seed is SO much easier...Pitt/ind/hou at home round one, plus one of KC and MIA goes out immediately (they both know us better than anyone), that's massive.

Then another home game, avoiding the ravens in round two

Then if the ravens lose, we stay home for the CG. Come on now.

1 minute ago, JustHewIt said:

This is great post, this is what message boards (and pub sports talk) are all about

You play him. If the wild card matchup was more favorable, maybe it's a thought. But the path as the 2 seed is SO much easier...Pitt/ind/hou at home round one, plus one of KC and MIA goes out immediately (they both know us better than anyone), that's massive.

Then another home game, avoiding the ravens in round two

Then if the ravens lose, we stay home for the CG. Come on now.

This is why I am hoping Cleveland beats Jacksonville (I am assuming the Jags win their division) because the Browns vs Ravens would be like a King Kong vs Godzilla battle. The Browns could go in there and get a win. If not, then the Ravens will be a battered team. That entire division hates one another. All of the games in the AFCN are extremely physical.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

LAMP post of the week The Office Congrats GIF

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

No flames here but I'd go for the #2 seed and play Josh. The road to the Super Bowl is easier the more home games you have.

the road is easier, but that assumes all other factors being even.  If Josh is hurt, and resting him for a week gets him near 100%, there is an argument that Josh at 100% is better than 80% at home.   

Plus, would be fun to beat Miami with Kyle Allen.  haha.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, julian said:

Lol.. not sure if I’m a fool for responding, I find it difficult sometimes to determine a good troll job or not lol… but I’ll say no and no chance.

How is this a troll job by the OP?  Its a legit question.  I would still play Josh, but its not a crazy question either though

The reality is the Dolphins should be doing what your suggesting and there not because winning on road in the playoffs 3 times is tough. At the end of the day there is no NFL player who is a starter that is not dealing with something at this time of year. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is this a troll job by the OP?  Its a legit question.  I would still play Josh, but its not a crazy question either though

As I already explained in a follow up I didn’t believe it was a troll job, but it’s definitely a crazy question.

We will just agree to disagree on that.

Based on the practice update from Miami today they certainly aren't going to rest people and trying to get as many healthy bodies together as possible for this game because they want to win the division they've worked so hard for all season.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.