IF (Caps IF), we clinch a playoff spot before the Dolphins game, would you rest Josh?

Virgil

Listen, I know how important the #2 seed can be.  I don't want to downplay that at all.  However, if some of these reports out there are true and Josh is battling an injury that needs rest, would it make more sense to give Josh, and maybe some others, the week off?  I'm sure Hyde's neck could use a break too.

I'm sure this will get me flamed, but if playing on the road for the playoffs means that Josh is even 20% healthier, is that worth it?  

I'm not saying I would.  Maybe play him for a bit and see how he feels.  But I care more about a healthier Josh because we don't win without him. (Minus the Dallas game)

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 7
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 3

It depends on whether your priorities are making the playoffs or competing for a championship.  You can’t be serious with a question like that. 2 home games vs on the road throughout is your hapless thread. Call me when you get back to the planet earth.

• Like (+1) 2

Not a chance. The Bills game is for seeding even if the other games go our way. I want the #2 seed and a potential two home playoff games before the Bills have to go on the road to Baltimore if it ends up being the Bills vs Ravens in the AFCCG.

• Agree 5

Nope

3 minutes ago, julian said:

Lol.. not sure if I’m a fool for responding, I find it difficult sometimes to determine a good troll job or not lol… but I’ll say no and no chance.

Virgil is NOT a troll. He knows his stuff 

• Like (+1) 10

Hell no! Any chance we have to get a possible 2nd home game and the possibility for once to play KC in Buffalo if necessary. 

Gotta go for the 2 seed at all costs. 

You want to rest starters? Get up 21 points at the half then sit em.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

No, because knowing Josh he'll still insist on playing and trying to wrap up the 2 seed. Obviously if we were in Baltimore's position I'd shut him down Sunday. Besides,  we can't fix the recent passing issues without him behind center.  Just limit his reps during practice week to allow the shoulder some rest.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Listen, I know how important the #2 seed can be.  I don't want to downplay that at all.  However, if some of these reports out there are true and Josh is battling an injury that needs rest, would it make more sense to give Josh, and maybe some others, the week off?  I'm sure Hyde's neck could use a break too.

I'm sure this will get me flamed, but if playing on the road for the playoffs means that Josh is even 20% healthier, is that worth it?  

No.  We need #2. This offense is not playing well enough to have a lower seed.

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Would you have sex with your mother to save your father's life?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No but I suspect they will not run Allen much this game. Maybe not even QB sneak it.  Remember his preferred sneak is to the left leading with that left shoulder he got a stinger.  Hell you could have Gabe Davis or Knox take the handoff and do the tush push with Allen safely on the sideline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Maybe  he would benefit from the rest if he is indeed injured. That may or may not be true. I think you would have to tie him to the bench to keep him out though..

He's a bonafide Baller he WILL play is my opinion either way

21 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Nope

Virgil is NOT a troll. He knows his stuff 

Yeah I’m aware of the obvious trolls posting here regularly , I’m sure Virgil is a great contributor and I’ve enjoyed his breakdowns.

I was more so pointing out my own inadequacies when trying to differentiate between an “effective” troll and someone asking a legitimate question.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Because we don't want KC in KC. 

We gotta win Division!

Is it weird that I kinda do?  

My dream scenario would be to knock off the Bengals at home, then the Chiefs and Ravens on the road.  I feel like that would just squash any demons and media narrative about this team

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

My dream scenario would be to knock off the Bengals at home, then the Chiefs and Ravens on the road.  I feel like that would just squash any demons and media narrative about this team

Bengals are eliminated

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Bengals are eliminated

A - When did you change your avatar?  I get confused easily

B - I know, it was more of an overall thought, not just for this year.  

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hear you!

I gave this a like... But NOT sure I can handle it.

Maybe sedate me till it's all over! 😆 

I'm interested in the games leading up to Sunday night - but not that interested.

The chances we make the SB as a WC are - obviously - nowhere near what they'd be if we're the 2 seed.  It's night & day.  We'd need all kinds of breaks to make it as a WC, on the road all 3 games.  

So, no - I wouldn't rest JA.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.