Have we seen the last of Micah Hyde?

Spiderweb

Can’t see Hyde playing again.  Could see Tre hanging em up too after how much he struggled coming back from the ACL.  Maybe Poyer comes back next year but McBeane definitely bringing in a vet starting safety and drafting one in first 4 rounds.  Douglas, Benford and Taron will be starting CB’s.  Free agent and Poyer/rookie starting safeties.  

I have really grown to like so many of the guys we have on this team. I really want to win this year so some of these guys can go out on top of the mountain. Hyde is deserving of a ring, as is Poyer and White (even if he can’t contribute on the field this season anymore). I don’t think they get another shot at it on this team after February.

A lot of long tenured players are probably not coming back after this season… after all the Bills have suffered through I just hope we find a way to finish the job this time.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Sad, but very likely.

Not so sad. He's had a terrific 11-year career and will be 33 in a couple of weeks. He's been an all-pro twice (both times for the Bills) along the way. He did very, very well in the NFL, and it's probably time to move onto the next stage of his life. 

• Agree 5

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not so sad. He's had a terrific 11-year career and will be 33 in a couple of weeks. He's been an all-pro twice (both times for the Bills) along the way. He did very, very well in the NFL, and it's probably time to move onto the next stage of his life. 

Yep not bad for a 5th rd pick who wasn’t even offered a new deal by the team that drafted him. Bills legend in my mind. Leader on and off the field and hell of a football player. One of the first guys brought in by McDermott. I have a lot of awesome memories of him - pirouette onside kick recovery to Seal the win vs Miami, unbelievable Mac jones int in playoffs… but the one that I think of the most is his reaction to breaking  the playoff drought, in the locker room in 2017 in Miami as the team was watching the bengals -ravens game. 

• Like (+1) 2

Possibly back for the playoffs but probably his last year. Father Time is catching him. His neck injury last year was no joke and two stingers this year ain’t good. Also didn’t seem as impactful this year so probably lost a step. 

this D is getting retooled next year. Sucks for the guys leaving but that’s the business. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.