Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Billsfan1972

Hope after the bye is that Dane Jackson, Taylor Rapp and Dawson Knox are all back. Even Elam will be available if you want it. 

So healthy as you've been since London. 

But longest win streak of the year is 3 games, and now you have to beat @ Chiefs and Cowboys in back to back weeks, and assume that the Dolphins have the division locked up in Week 18, do they rest and allow the Bills to get into the Playoffs? 

I do think the Patriots are a guaranteed win, but if the Chargers aren't bad enough where I'd be 100% confident in that game even though it will be a defacto home game by then. 

They are good enough to go 5-0, but even a very good team would have difficulty accomplishing this given the quality of opponents (including KC, Dallas and Miami) and all of the other things that are not within their control, such as officiating, weather and further injuries.

We can be good enough.  Will we be?  Probably not….. but maybe 😉 

I have hope that the euphoria after the Miami game turns out to be a bigger rush than Dalton to Boyd.  On a much grander scale, as it would mean we probably have the best team in the league and legit SB contenders….. as opposed to just being happy to break the drought.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I also think they’re talented enough, but I’ve seen no stretch of games this season that gives me any confidence that they are likely to win out. 

I will say, however, if they win the next 2 then I expect they will win out… 

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Dolphins have the division locked up in Week 18, do they rest and allow the Bills to get into the Playoffs? 

Oh God, now I'm imagining us being 4-0 down the stretch and then losing to the Dolphins backups

Being a Bills fan is such torture

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We are definitely good enough to go 5-0.

Doubt we will though ... I'm guessing 3-2.

2 minutes ago, julian said:

This defense and the head coach are going to make it difficult, Allen will need to continue with his recent dominance.

If they get the KC and Dal wins, then I believe they’re winning out.

The way this season has gone,  we'll go 4-0, less to Miami and miss the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, damj said:

We are definitely good enough to go 5-0.

Doubt we will though ... I'm guessing 3-2.

The way this season has gone,  we'll go 4-0, less to Miami and miss the playoffs 

That would be a gut punch lol.. but I’d love our chances in Miami in that scenario .

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I think they realistically go 1-4 down the stretch. Our coach is really hampering this team. 

I get thinking that might be the record if a fan thinks the team is falling apart - but "realistically" is not at all accurate.

There is a very slim chance the team falls apart like that.  We're a 6-6 team that talent-wise is on par w/ the top teams.  Only about 2-3 teams are likely to win only one game the rest of the way, and those are really the dregs of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

... now you have to beat @ Chiefs and Cowboys...

If we "have to" lose 1, it's the Dallas game. Win the remaining AFC games, going 4-1 down stretch gets us to 10-7 with a 7-5 conf record. Might squeak in that way. Losing any of the AFC games is a season-ender. Dallas win would be gravy. Hopefully Pitt, Cle, Hou, Ind, Den beat each other up and trade wins. Gotta  get in top 3 of those 6 (including us).

Sorry.... without Milano and White, and with aging safties who lose a half-step in the 4th quarter... they're not good enough.... and that's the cold hard truth.

They'll be in games simply because of Josh, but that won't be enough to overcome their inability to get stops late in games.

• Agree 2

Why would anybody that has watched this team play all year believe they are capable of winning 5 straight games when 3 of them left are on the road (where this team is 1-5 this year). Especially KC where Andy Reid and Mahomes have never lost a December home game....again NEVER LOST A HOME GAME IN DECEMBER.

Oh and do I really need to mention the elephant in the room (you know the clapping idiot on the Bills sideline).

I admire some fans optimism and unwavering devotion but if the crushing loss to the Eagles wasn't the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, just wait until Mahomes all but ends the Bills season again, this time just not in the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 2

Here's what I thought about earlier today.  

I will never have confidence again with the game on the line with McDermott.  But I also really like Joe Brady.  He's turned around this offense in just 2 weeks and I don't want to lose him.  If a new coach is brought in, he's bringing his guy and Brady goes somewhere else.

But if we do win out, McDermott's late game decision making is going to haunt me the entire time in the playoffs....but most likely that means Brady continued his success and don't want to lose him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

KC, Dallas, LAC, Miami. A great team loses 1-2 of those games. The current Bills are not that team. Joe Brady is still learning on the job, he's bound to have a dud in there unless he's an absolute OC prodigy the likes of which this league has never seen. And we know what the defense is. They are being held together by duct tape at this point.

Let's check back in a couple of weeks. If the Bills can beat KC and Miami rests their starters it could happen. It's also possible they go 0-5 and lose every game by 1 score. For all we know this team will beat all of those teams and then lose to NE! The most Billsy outcome is the most likely

• Like (+1) 1

They are good enough talent wise but will they who knows. If they can win at KC and DAL, then I think they will do it. The problem is both the Chiefs and Cowboys games will probably be one score games late in the 4th quarter. We know what happens with the Bills in those situations.

• Haha (+1) 1

This team WILL NOT go 5-0 during the toughest stretch of their schedule. 

What has this team done to promote this type of optimism?

Was it the win against Miami two freaking months ago?

I have watched every snap and this team has consistently shown that they can play close with any team yet have lost 50% of their games (against primarily weaker teams).

Why should I believe that they are going to win 💯 % against tougher opponents. 

Sure they can win 2 maybe 3 games but I think it's time for many here to take of the Zubas sunglasses. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.