[QUESTION] Your Opinion On This Team Will Change Tonight If:

boyst

It would be nice to actually come out of a game without injuries that cause players to miss game(s). 

I'm not saying injuries are the reason for the sputtering first half of the season because there are a ton of self inflicted issues but they aren't helping either. Get healthy and stay healthy heading into the Thanksgiving- Christmas stretch (both the team and all of you) and I think this team ends up with 11-12 wins and is dangerous in the playoffs. 

Josh has clearly slowed down and may be be over the hill now. I'd like to see what Kyle Allen could do to get this offense jumpstarted.

JK. 

I just need a win this week and next week, no matter how ugly.  Let the new guys on defense get acclimated and hopefully the other nicked up guys (Hyde, Benford, Knox, Bernard, etc) can get healthy for the stretch run.  As for specifics, I'd like to see us go uptempo on offense for extended stretches, and a more effective Von once he goes to the smaller knee brace.

8 minutes ago, Billsfed1 said:

Defense to generate a couple turnovers, i don’t believe we’ve had one since the jags game which is hard to believe 

For that matter, just force some frickin punts and that's close enough.

As Jeremy White pointed out this morning, the Bills are currently 25th in forced punts. If that was even mid-tier, we'd have a much easier time.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

What is something you need to see to change your mind on this team tonight? If you're a Kool-Aid drinker - what needs to happen tonight to make you change your mind that we are a pretender? If you're a doomsday singer - what needs to happen tonight to change your mind that we are a contender? If you're flatlined and listless - what needs to happen tonight to make it tingle that we have bloodflow?

Oh No GIF

Oh yeah ...

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

a fifty point win would impress me.

Been a long time since the Bills beat down an inferior team.

wouldn't we argue the Fins are actually an inferior team? they've not beat anyone, they were not and i don't think are as good as we are (eespecially when healthy).

not even regarding the score or anything else beyond the way we played - we dominated that game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't think too many are going to change their opinion by beating the Broncos at home. Yes it's a week to week league, but it's a game they "should" win. 

Even next week beating the Jets at home "should" happen. The caveat there may be if they come out on offense next week and put up 35-40 on a good Jet defense. 

I don't know that we have a "should" right now. We probably should have lost to the Giants at home, McD basically tried to hand the Bucs that W, we lost to the Pats...that's the level we're at right now. These games are probably toss-ups. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

What is something you need to see to change your mind on this team tonight? If you're a Kool-Aid drinker - what needs to happen tonight to make you change your mind that we are a pretender? If you're a doomsday singer - what needs to happen tonight to change your mind that we are a contender? If you're flatlined and listless - what needs to happen tonight to make it tingle that we have bloodflow?

As others have said, there’s nothing that could single-handedly right the emotional ship tonight. But they could take some steps in the right direction. If they sustain success for a few games, that’s when I’d start to Billieve again. Here are some things that would be good to see tonight:

-Offense scores over 30 points

-Multiple drives where it looks easy

(Bonus points for drives after the scripted plays and also outside of the 2 minute warning)

-Zero INTs

-Run game is effective, with or without Allen running

-Zero drives that short circuit just outside of FG range

Against a bad defense, at least some of these should be doable. If we see another offensive performance where everything is just such a freaking struggle, I have to think they’ll make a change. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

wouldn't we argue the Fins are actually an inferior team? they've not beat anyone, they were not and i don't think are as good as we are (eespecially when healthy).

not even regarding the score or anything else beyond the way we played - we dominated that game.

That was a long time ago

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Your Opinion On This Team Will Change Tonight If:

They beat Denver so senselessly that Sean Payton visibly cries on the sideline and Netflix removes that horrible movie about him from their library.  Then Kevin James has to come out and publicly apologize for starring in it.  And this all needs to occur before half time.

That's probably the only scenario where I see my opinion shifting. 

dumb-and-dumber-jimcarrey.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm concerned that if every game is our most important, it will lead to Emotional Exhaustion or EE. EE affects playoff teams who want to golf early. If your team suffers from moderate to severe EE, consult your clapper to clap them into a state of wanting to win. Or their "diva" WR who has the unmitigated temerity to remind them that wanting to win is what you should already have a strong desire for, not a finite tank that has the capability of being emptied. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll know it when I see it.  It's basically establishing a lead and keeping the foot on the pedal.  Playing sound, disciplined football.  Closing out a game, so that I'm not chewing my nails off with a couple of minutes to go and thinking, "we should have put this game away already."

Stuff like that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nothing will change my opinion about the defense. Russel Wilson is one of the worst QBs against the blitz. As a result I expect us to have a good defensive performance and it will tell me nothing.

The offense though I will start to believe they can carry this team to a championship if they put up 28+ points on the Broncos and Jets. If they come out looking like they did early against the Bucs and actually commit to that style and it works, that will change my opinion of our championship potential.

• Like (+1) 2

My current feeling is that we wasted our “window” (sorry, I know it’s cliche but 13 seconds was our year) and if we lose to the ***** Broncos, I’ll be certain of it. 

If we win by a TD or 10 points, nothing will change. 

If Dorsey somehow has managed to pull his entire head out of his ass and calls a good game (not just the first scripted drive) and we stomp them like we should, I’ll be slightly more optimistic. 

That’s where I am right now, and it might be apparent that I’ve become apathetic. Which is worse that being pissed. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My current feeling is that we wasted our “window” (sorry, I know it’s cliche but 13 seconds was our year) and if we lose to the ***** Broncos, I’ll be certain of it. 

If we win by a TD or 10 points, nothing will change. 

If Dorsey somehow has managed to pull his entire head out of his ass and calls a good game (not just the first scripted drive) and we stomp them like we should, I’ll be slightly more optimistic. 

That’s where I am right now, and it might be apparent that I’ve become apathetic. Which is worse that being pissed. 

They can still win a Super Bowl with Allen who probably has 10 or so good years left but I do agree with you that the window has closed for the current roster. They will have to rebuild, retool the roster around Allen. 

I'd like to see them stop playing so stupid ... How many stupid taunting penalties, holding penalties etc... does this team need to get seemingly every week ... They know the rules, use your head.

I want to see both Offense and Defense play for 60 minutes.

If the Bills get a lead, I want to see them put their foot on their necks and instead of letting them off, I want to see them curb stomp them. This team plays too soft a lot ... STOP... Be a bully.

I want to see improvement on the sidelines and a good game plan from the beginning.

I want to see the offense get into a rhythm, be smart with the footbal, utilize the run game more creatively, and don't commit stupid mistakes that help the other team (like consecutive penalties that extend drives off failed 4th downs).

The sports world won't suddenly believe in the Bills no matter how they play, but the team needs to see themselves execute & succeed offensively again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.