Why do you come to TSW & Post

Billsfan1972

Interesting comment I read where a poster was admonishing others for whining and griping on the site.

Had my pal😜😉 Teef call me out for only posting in the season and disappearing in January (let's hope February this year).

Others come here to post and read about goings on around the NFL, signings, FA's, Draft and Coaches.

Some are fun topics like pre-game meals, incidents, tailgates, stories about travel or stadium experience......

We have Virgil and Shaw writing up detailed reviews of the game.  Thoughtful and insightful, though a little too much pro-McD from Shaw in some cases.😉  BTW Shaw's analysis is incredibly good.

BTW where is he?????  He hasn't posted since the Jags game.

I come here just to discuss the Bills play and the good, bad & ugly.

I'm a fan and this is my place to comment or vent and see how if others saw the same things, feel or react.  

Come Sunday after a bad play I'll see the reaction on the game day board and Monday, maybe I start a Thread or not (and await the few who lurk me to get upset with my post).

I've said it many times that Josh Allen makes the team a top Superbowl contender (like Manning, Elway, Brees, Rodgers....) and yes some here are antsy as to when the Bills will get there. 

So why are you here?

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm here to discuss football. Every element of it. 

I enjoy Xs and Os

I enjoy discussing performances (individual and collective)

I enjoy losing my crap in the GDTs

I enjoy assessing the overall state of the Bills, the NFL and the sport in general. 

But the things I enjoy most of all are the strategy behind roster building, culture building and leadership. I find those fascinating in all sports as a former coach and as a leader and culture builder in my professional life. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I enjoy Xs and Os

I enjoy assessing the overall state of the Bills, the NFL and the sport in general. 

But the things I enjoy most of all are the strategy behind roster building, culture building and leadership. I find those fascinating in all sports as a former coach and as a leader and culture builder in my professional life. 

And yes you are an interesting read.  Don't always agree and you get into the weeds at times, but always something there to chew on.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I enjoy Xs and Os

You forgot one thing. You enjoy disagreeing and having reasonable discussions on the difference of the opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

You forgot one thing. You enjoy disagreeing and having reasonable discussions on the difference of the opinions. 

I do. I have never taken a disagreement I have had on this board with anyone personally. Debate and discussion is the point, right? There do get to points with some where you have to say "we have done to death and won't agree on this" but I enjoy a constructive debate. It's in my nature. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

We are all set in our ways.  I do think I take other's opinions to heart, just don't agree with them.

For instance I have moved on my opinion of McD.  I do think he is a good coach and too realize that if the Bills win the Superbowl in the next few years he will almost assuredly be the HC, so damn right I need to cheer for him.  Just won't give him the credit😜😉.   

I've been here since 1999 and the song stays the same...

We were having pretty big fights over RJ and Flutie back in the day and a lot of the complaints are tame compared to those early days when we had a team that was a QB short of making a deep playoff run because our defense was Top 3 all time in our franchise history.

I don't think anyone can appreciate TSW more than ancient veterans like myself who have been through the ringer 8 million times, shown countless pans of fools gold over and over again- Collins, RJ, Flutie, EJ, Losman, Edwards, et al. The only solace back then was we weren't the Browns or the Lions and our fan base is awesome to be sure.

Fans are NEVER happy, and even teams that have won a Super Bowl revert back to same old same old.

SHAW, COME BACK!!!!!!

That is all.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why not come here to post? I like a little bit of dissecting of what went  wrong  in losses, I like talking a bit of trash about how good we are, and how pathetic or opponents are, and celebrating the wins, 😁👍it’s a fun way to burn a few hours. 

I'm too old to change that's why. 😏

Actually what would I ever do without my chatroom daily fix

My name is muppy and I am hopelessly addicted to the team, to the region, and to the Bills fan base folk of all sizes colors and languages.

EDIT: I also love the OTW section of this board.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4

Because I'm obsessed with the Bills and want to get any information I can on them.

I love good content and love to read probably 90% of the content on here.  Well thought out and logical responses really make this place enjoyable.  

I have an IG and FB but I'm not really active much on them.  I mostly use them for the reels to learn about other stuff.  My social media activity is TBD.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To learn and to laugh really. 

I've learnt more on these boards about football than I have anywhere else. It's also good fun. 

I found the trick to enjoy is not take yourself and others too seriously. Nothing is ever personal.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I live in the Midwest and don't have anyone to talk to about the Bills. In the early 2000s, I started going to the team's website for news. Then I saw a link to a fan message board (the old, infamous BBMB) and started reading that. I lurked for a couple of years before getting an account and posting. When BBMB shut down, I started looking for other BB fan forums, found several, and liked TBD the best, so here I am.

I'm also semi-retired and I don't have a lot of hobbies. (If I did, I'd probably retire completely.) So I have a fair amount of free time. I've been watching football since I was a kid but never learned a lot of the nuances of the game. Some of you who watch the All-22 and can analyze game film have taught me a lot about the Xs and Os. I also appreciate the camaraderie of being around fellow Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I come for a few reasons…one, I love the Bills and being born, raised, and living in CA you don’t get a lot of Bills news and coverage here, so this is the best place for it.

Two, football is my sport, always has been and always will be.  It’s something I talk and follow year round.  So I love analyzing and discussing it in general, but even more so about the Bills.  And again, living in CA I have some friends here who are Bills fans, but most obviously aren’t, so this is best place to talk Bills year round.  

Three, I love discussion and debating in general too, so being able to do it about something I love as much as football and the Bills is even better. 

Then there is the entertainment factor between great and utterly terrible threads/posts 😂

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, teef said:

What a little B word thread.  

Are you just mad because you found your Christmas present from your wife....a red #19 Isiah McKenzie jersey.  She thinks he still plays for the Bills and bragging to herself internally that she's getting a steal of a deal.  

"$3.75 when these are normally like $125.00....yes please!"

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Classic Chans.  I expect no less from you.  Lamentation of the women is of particular interest.

As far as the existential question, it’s pretty simple, I enjoy hearing balanced measured opinions on various Bills and/or NFL topics as can learn or at least open to hearing differing points of view.  Some not all have a good understanding of football and strategy.  I neither Pollyanna nor a cynic of the team, coaching and Mgmt.

Like many good teams, they do some things quite well, and others could be better.  Recently, I’m very curious as to how the three additions this week could positively or possibly negatively impact Sunday nights game.

Lastly, my friends and family know how nuts I am for the Bills and need a place to get away from the career and other necessities in life.

72, thanks for starting the thread.  It’s a sound question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mainly for updates. It's no different than any other Bills forum just on a larger scale of posters, people who love every move they make, people who hate every move they make, and those who try to remain objective. I like reading the various opinions, but for me, there's nothing ground-breaking ever said by anyone here that makes me change my opinion or outlook of the team/player(s)/coaches.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

There's three people that I enjoy reading their threads and posts.  

And 35,678 that annoy me, and I can't believe some of the stuff they put up there. 

I thank you Jack, I love your posts too 

Who are the other two?

Edited by Bogie_Klinkhammer
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.