[Name Only Title] Tyler Bass

78thealltimegreat

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I give credit to a poster last week after he blew a couple kicks and thought he’d get back on track but he missed another easy one that wound up being a huge deal at the end. 
I’m officially getting a little nervous when he kicks anymore. 

Did you see what the wind did to that miss?  I don't know that you can put that one on Bass

• Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I give credit to a poster last week after he blew a couple kicks and thought he’d get back on track but he missed another easy one that wound up being a huge deal at the end. 
I’m officially getting a little nervous when he kicks anymore. 

Kickers miss. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He's cost the Bills 9 points in two weeks.   Cant go through the season with the kicker losing the team 4.5 points a game.

Two of them were 50+ yarders (Giants game) and the wind took the one yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wasn't concerned after the kick yesterday.  It was on target for the first 25 yards and then a gust pushed it literally 10 yards to the right.

The ball was like a MarioKart driver making a quick right turn.

That's a good point, but let's not also forget that a couple of his made kicks this year were DOINKS that just luckily bounced in. 

He hasn't looked... pinpoint, to say the least so far this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Did you see what the wind did to that miss?  I don't know that you can put that one on Bass

That kick attempt looked windblown for sure much like what happens at the scoreboard end at the stadium fka the Ralph.  I do not think  a mishit football can slice as much as my mishit tee shots do but the flags on the goalposts were still at the time.  Patriots up to some shenanigans with the wind currents maybe.  That was a headscratcher as to what went on.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Was that really wind?

It looked like he put some kind of crazy spin on it. I don't remember the ball moving that much even in the wind game against the Pats.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He's cost the Bills 9 points in two weeks.   Cant go through the season with the kicker losing the team 4.5 points a game.

Yes. We need to get rid of him and get another kicker who has never missed a kick. There's gotta be a lot of those just waiting for a call 

Just now, Success said:

Was that really wind?

It looked like he put some kind of crazy spin on it. I don't remember the ball moving that much even in the wind game against the Pats.

If so, I've never seen it like that.  I believe it's wind because the ball was tip over tip, and then went sideways.  Usually, that only happens with wind.  But I'm not an expect on wind confusion 😁

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Was that really wind?

I’ve also never seen a kick move like that from just the kicker hitting a knuckleball or whatever you wanna call it. There were winds of 15-20mph during the game but I don’t think we can be certain either way without seeing the goalpost flags in a replay .

• Like (+1) 2

I don't have the energy to rationally discuss Special Teams. 

For how heavily we invest in this unit, we better not be having any more conversations about them moving forward. 

Missed FG's, punt return for a TD in OT... gave up another big punt return yesterday.  Feeling the need to justify their investment by playing games with their kickoffs.

It's all exhausting. 

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That kick attempt looked windblown for sure much like what happens at the scoreboard end at the stadium fka the Ralph.  I do not think  a mishit football can slice as much as my mishit tee shots do but the flags on the goalposts were still at the time.  Patriots up to some shenanigans with the wind currents maybe.  That was a headscratcher as to what went on.

Belicheat said prior to the season that their new scoreboard would do that.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wasn't concerned after the kick yesterday.  It was on target for the first 25 yards and then a gust pushed it literally 10 yards to the right.

The ball was like a MarioKart driver making a quick right turn.

Belichick wind machine.  

Honestly McDermott could have elected to call a timeout to help Bass when the winds started gusting before the kick.

Another issue was Martin's spot. Upon replay it showed not the ideal placement of the ball as Bass' foot contacted the ball. Unlike an ideal place kick the ball wasn't hit in the sweet spot due to poor placement (ball looked angled to the left) / caused either by a bad snap or Martin hold miscue. Bass reaction points to displeasure in the hold and / or disbelief in the wind. Clearly if the wind speed was 0 mph you can get by with this effort. But when weather is a factor the snap, hold, and kick timing have to be in-sync. At the moment the ball left Bass foot you can see the typical end over end vertical 90°, was more a 75° end over end rotation. This causes the ball to take on more angular rotation and any gusts are going to affect the ball after it reaches maximum velocity and height. Norwood's kick was a perfect end over end, but his hips did not rotate. Bass kick was heading straight until the ball speed slowed and the wobbling of the ball caused by bad hold wind speed caused the ball to sail right. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

they turned on the hidden fans in the upper deck. #Belicheatin'

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

I’ve also never seen a kick move like that from just the kicker hitting a knuckleball or whatever you wanna call it. There were winds of 15-20mph during the game but I don’t think we can be certain either way without seeing the goalpost flags in a replay .

That was a weird kick for sure.

Watching it again I think Bass just sliced the heck out of it. 

The streamers on the goal posts were barely moving, and I don't see the refs pants moving either. If it was the wind it would have to be the flukiest burst of wind in history to only effect the path the kick was on and nothing else. Doesn't look like a defender tipped it either. 

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

The other kicker had zero problems. They don’t ask why with kickers, it’s makes and misses.

But what if there was some previously unseen weather phenomenon during the game? Something like, I don’t know, winds not being constant? 

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

But what if there was some previously unseen weather phenomenon during the game? Something like, I don’t know, winds not being constant? 

He misses a few more FGs that crush us, you won’t use any wind excuses. Previous seasons he’s been great. This is the life of a kicker. No matter his history, he can’t lose you a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.