What is up with Tyler Bass?

Punching Bag

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

He kind of stutter stepped before that miss. Not sure who’s fault it was but it didn’t look like his normal wind-up 

I saw that too, almost like the snap was later than he was expecting

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not to mention the fact they both had to be "wide right" after the clowns at NBC had to start off the game by showing the Norwood miss🤮🤢🤮

Also, when I read the thread title, I was picturing Jerry Seinfeld saying "What is the deal with Tyler Bass...."🙂

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The decision to pass on a 55 yard FG made no sense. Was he missing kicks pregame? And then he missed two during the game...

Odd night for Bass. Hopefully just one bad game.

As a coach, I would never punt from the opponent’s 37 yard line. I’m either going for it or kicking a FG every time. It’s cowardice to punt from inside the 40.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

As a coach, I would never punt from the opponent’s 37 yard line. I’m either going for it or kicking a FG every time. It’s cowardice to punt from inside the 40.

Punting from the 37 should not be a thing. Ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bass has always worried me. 

I think Bills fans' are willing to dismiss his kicking until he comes up short in a big game. Pretty much how fans started complaining about how Cook couldn't break tackles during a low point this season, although all the evidence of it was there his rookie season, when fans were willing to accept the lack of that attribute for the othsers that he has.

I always hold my breath when Bass is kicking because there's just this feeling that the kick can go either way.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Dislike 1

Sure, he missed a couple of 52 yarders in the wind. No disgrace there.

But - his misses all seem to occur in tight games that we typically lose. Kicking 4 FG in a game where we are ahead by 3 scores there is no pressure.

I do question his ability when the heat is on. A little bit anyway.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Bass barely missed two long FG's to the right.  I'm not worried about his mechanics.  The kicks looked good they were not shanked 20 yards right or left.  Just unfortunate on a breezy night but I'm glad he got those out of his system in a win.

I'm only pissed at Bass because his missed FG's cost me a fantasy win,, but I'll forgive.

• Dislike 1

he missed 2 long kicks, and both in the same game, which IMO is better than spreading them out over 2 games. 

It's one bad night, where the team just seemed flat in general, so I chalk it up to that.

If he hits one of the 2 the game is 17-9 at the end (maybe 18-9 or 16-9 if the Bills went for 2 after the 2nd TD)

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Special K said:

Not to mention the fact they both had to be "wide right" after the clowns at NBC had to start off the game by showing the Norwood miss🤮🤢🤮

Also, when I read the thread title, I was picturing Jerry Seinfeld saying "What is the deal with Tyler Bass...."🙂

You mean like this? LMAOOOOO

Start at 1:54... WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE BLACK BOX? Dana Carvey NAILED Jerry! Seinfeld says after, "I know!!! I mean, THAT'S RIGHT!"

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.