Diggs doesn't move on running plays

MikeSpeed

19 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Whoa.

See also, btw, on GD touchdown: Kinkaid accidentally dumps Cook, ass-over-teakettle, as they cross routes.

Gotta clean that up boys.

Yeah, that was Murray and apparently all his friends sent him clips of it to rub it in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

LBs are not going to be looking outside at Stefon Diggs at the snap.

And having a corner yell something at them is not going to work.

Exactly what I was going to say. From television view it’s easy to spot. But when you’re on the field you can’t process that side of the field and keep your assignment. Not to mention with a super loud stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I've seen this too. I can always tell when it's a run away from him.   The one thing about Diggs game I'm not a fan of

And it’s the one thing I absolutely love about San Fran’s WRs (and Kittle) is I’ve watched a lot of tape on them and they are punishing blockers. It’s like having a mini offensive line in the 2nd level and it’s one of the reasons CMAC is on pace for a historical season. Aiyuk especially. Reminds me of Hines Ward in his prime. Just something about a WR  laying the wood on a LB that gets me excited. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

LBs are not going to be looking outside at Stefon Diggs at the snap.

And having a corner yell something at them is not going to work.

Seriously. Everything happens so fast there's no chance that CB has a prayer making a play

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, vincec said:

It’s not the end of the world, but ideally he’d be blocking on running plays. Obviously if the play is wide to his side, but also for plays to the middle or even the other side of the field. He should be looking for the a deep safety or other downfield player in case the run breaks. WRs blocking downfield are often the difference between a long run and a long TD.

Reference:  Bob Chandler and JD Hill blocking for OJ.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i have nfl+, rewatched the miami game in the coaches all-22 mode

not once did the primary defender on diggs make a tackle or get contact on the runner.

in fact, on a couple of plays  the run went to diggs side,  the db was too close to the line of scrimmage and the runner went easily by.

forget about relaying the info to the other players that diggs is not going downfield....anyone looking over that way takes himself out of the play in a second.

this is not hurting the bills in any way

The biggest tell on this offense is that when Josh Allen is lined up under center, he 100% of the time drops one foot back presnap if it’s going to be a QB Sneak.  And if he’s not sneaking it, 100% of the time his feet are side by side presnap.  This has been true since he entered the league, I check every game for this, he still does this every time.

5 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I hate starting topics, and I'm not sure if this was already discussed if so feel free to remove this if it has. I was watching Diggs during the game and if we are running the ball he never moves. Now he had a great game, but if I am a D coordinator I would let my guys know not to bite on the play fake if he's running because it's going to be a pass. I'd have the corner that's covering him to be yelling pass the second he starts running.

I'm not trying to stir up anything and this could very well be a non-issue. I was just pointing out what I saw.

Thanks for ruining their season, now that everyone knows.

Maybe the defense can still keep them in a few .

5 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I hate starting topics, and I'm not sure if this was already discussed if so feel free to remove this if it has. I was watching Diggs during the game and if we are running the ball he never moves. Now he had a great game, but if I am a D coordinator I would let my guys know not to bite on the play fake if he's running because it's going to be a pass. I'd have the corner that's covering him to be yelling pass the second he starts running.

I'm not trying to stir up anything and this could very well be a non-issue. I was just pointing out what I saw.

Noticed the same thing

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The biggest tell on this offense is that when Josh Allen is lined up under center, he 100% of the time drops one foot back presnap if it’s going to be a QB Sneak.  And if he’s not sneaking it, 100% of the time his feet are side by side presnap.  This has been true since he entered the league, I check every game for this, he still does this every time.

Never noticed that.

Although I think he could call the snap count as Sneak! Sneak! Sneak! while he's jumping up and down pointing at the 1 gap and still pick it up every time. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

It's not a great look, but it's pretty well known that players find plays to "take off" to recover some stamina. 

Especially players like Diggs who are involved in so many plays, even if only as a decoy, you have to pick spots to go half speed or just take yourself out of the game. I'm not saying I like it or don't like it, but going full speed every play will tire you out quick, especially for receivers who have to stretch the field & have a long jog back to the LoS. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

wideouts since time immemorial have been doing this

Yes, anthropologists believe that this behavior is pre-columbian... back to when football was played in loin cloths.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

The entire season is just one long ass game of chess

One long ass game?

5 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Josh is lazy and doesn’t study film 

Also he's too commercialized.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who taught you that word? 

Go back to sleep... we'll let you know when the Bills win the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Just something about a WR laying the wood on a LB that gets me excited. 

Too much information dude.

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It’s too loud by the time the play starts with all the clanging and banging there’s no way anybody would hear it. 

Clanging and banging? Football players are attired in plastic shells, not suits of armor.

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

What does Diggs do when its an RPO? That type of play could be a run or a pass depending on what the conflict defender does so Diggs doesn't know whether it's a run or a pass play.

You're an Old Coot... you don't even know what an RPO is. Act your age.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Yes, anthropologists believe that this behavior is pre-columbian... back to when football was played in loin cloths.

One long ass game?

Also he's too commercialized.

Go back to sleep... we'll let you know when the Bills win the Super Bowl.

Too much information dude.

Clanging and banging? Football players are attired in plastic shells, not suits of armor.

You're an Old Coot... you don't even know what an RPO is. Act your age.

The roast of TBD. I can digg it 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Never noticed that.

Although I think he could call the snap count as Sneak! Sneak! Sneak! while he's jumping up and down pointing at the 1 gap and still pick it up every time. :D

Hahaha true and keep an eye for it, it’s 100% every time 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Never noticed that.

By the way, he got this move from Brady.  Here is an interview of him talking about it and the form with Mark Sanchez on why and the mechanics of it.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

By the way, he got this move from Brady.  Here is an interview of him talking about it and the form with Mark Sanchez on why and the mechanics of it.  

Not buying it.

We all know that lazy sumbitch doesn't watch film.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So this was a little funny lol.

He gets pushed by the DB when he was walking and not paying attention.

I just want to give this guy @ckparrot some love.  Go check out his twitter feed.

He seems to be kind of an Erik Turner equivalent covering the Dolphins.  He has a bunch of good play breakdowns from the Dolphins perspective.

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So this was a little funny lol.

He gets pushed by the DB when he was walking and not paying attention.

In the first clip wtf is Kincaid doing? He whiffs on his chip and then submarines his own teammate.  He put a helmet right on Damien Harris' groin like he was trying to pop out a ball or two.  That must have gotten some laughs in the film room.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

In the first clip wtf is Kincaid doing? He whiffs on his chip and then submarines his own teammate.  He put a helmet right on Damien Harris' groin like he was trying to pop out a ball or two.  That must have gotten some laughs in the film room.

looks very much like Van Ginkel decides to break off his pass rush to run a drag route and Kincaid is just a half step late in coverage and gets caught by a very savvy rub from Harris

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.