Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

If the PA or league care about players AT ALL they wl mandate grass.

It's downright negligent at this point.

Bad grass is worse than good turf.    Some teams used to share fields with baseball teams and that was the worst.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cramps he is fine

Actually we don't know about Benford. He might still have a sig shoulder injury. 

Benford went back in.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bad grass is worse than good turf.    Some teams used to share fields with baseball teams and that was the worst.

Benford went back in.

Bad grass means guy slip and fall. Bad turf causes significantly higher non contact injuries. Facts available on that. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is it for Tre in a Bills uniform. 

With this injury and his contract he will be cut this offseason. So sad. 

2024 10 mil in dead cap. Saves 30+ on the books over the next two seasons. They’re at the point with other contracts (Allen Diggs Von etc) that this has to be the case. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hate to see this.  The guy is a warrior and to get another really serious injury has to be gut wrenching for him.  Assuming he’s out this year, I’m wondering if he could be like a Rod Woodson and transition to safety next year.  I’m assuming Poyer won’t be back.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

But what are you going to do about it? I think the only viable option may be to suffer thru it. Both in terms of cap and talent. I’m sure I’ve missed a lot of cap implication talk. Please feel free to enlighten me. This sucks for Tre, the team and the fans, but it’s a fact of life in the NFL. Ask Jets fans. 

I didn’t check if anyone replied but there’s an out in his contract after this year. $10m dead. But had a $16m cap hit so Bills would save $6m. 

We pray it's not bad but it does not look good, end of the day White never regained his form since he first season ending injury and not many teams have a first round pick waiting as a replacement. I think Brandon Beane should look at a possible trade for a top quality CB,  way too many good QB's and receivers and Elam should get a shot but I don't believe Jackson is the answer if Elam cannot get it done.  Prays tonight for White

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

$16m is a lot to pay for a player that won’t play the whole year and may not be anywhere close to the same player when we’re up against the cap.

Bills can extend him to keep him stop he at a much lower number 

Gotta remember that Tre is just 28. At corner he had another 4 good years the way he plays 

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Hate to see this.  The guy is a warrior and to get another really serious injury has to be gut wrenching for him.  Assuming he’s out this year, I’m wondering if he could be like a Rod Woodson and transition to safety next year.  I’m assuming Poyer won’t be back.

He's great in coverage but I worry about his tackling ability if he was moved to safety. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cramps he is fine

Actually we don't know about Benford. He might still have a sig shoulder injury. 

We know he came back in the game and played well, so at least there’s that.

18 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I didn’t check if anyone replied but there’s an out in his contract after this year. $10m dead. But had a $16m cap hit so Bills would save $6m. 

It was pretty likely his last year as a Bill, it’s all but sure now.

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

If the PA or league care about players AT ALL they wl mandate grass.

It's downright negligent at this point.

Type of turf has nothing to do with Achilles tendon injuries. 
Achilles injuries aren’t caused by a shoe or foot sticking in turf. 
Achilles tears are caused by stress on the tendon during explosive movements. Sudden jumps or acceleration. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

Type of turf has nothing to do with Achilles tendon injuries. 
Achilles injuries aren’t caused by a shoe or foot sticking in turf. 
Achilles tears are caused by stress on the tendon during explosive movements. Sudden jumps or acceleration. 

Whenever a player suffers an Achilles injury I always wonder if there was anything to prevent it or was it inevitable.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve not studied this, so take it for what it’s worth. 

Some individuals have shorter Achilles tendons, and are thus prone to rupture. I’ve had 3 friends in their 30-40s who have ruptured Achilles tendons. All describe a popping, shot in the heel feeling during a jumping or acceleration from a stop (tennis, hoops). 

Im cure these guys stretch well before games and halves, but maybe not enough between or within series?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I’ve not studied this, so take it for what it’s worth. 

Some individuals have shorter Achilles tendons, and are thus prone to rupture. I’ve had 3 friends in their 30-40s who have ruptured Achilles tendons. All describe a popping, shot in the heel feeling during a jumping or acceleration from a stop (tennis, hoops). 

Im cure these guys stretch well before games and halves, but maybe not enough between or within series?

I once fell off a ladder backwards, and my heel got caught up in one of the rungs, and I got up to walk, but couldn't put pressure on my front part of my foot in order to raise my heel....come to find out, I tore my Achilles Tendon......so they can happen anywhere for sure. 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Whenever a player suffers an Achilles injury I always wonder if there was anything to prevent it or was it inevitable.

Stretching if you feel tight at all but as others said, sudden movement... I did both of mine partially playing volleyball on cold sand... felt like something kicked me in the back of the ankles... mine were only 10-15% tears and I had to do a lot of leg lifts feet on end of stairs..  knots in my achilles eventually went away... but took a long time... just not sure about stress professional athletes put on them and how long for it to heal... for Tre there is always hockey..  Sabres could use a good back up goalie.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Honestly, I don't know.

How many have been caught on Benford?

Not trying to be ignorant to Tre.  He's our best corner, not elite overall anymore though. That's just 1 person's opinion....and hate to see the injury/downplay it, but it's the NFL and key injuries happen every week

Tre was not the same last year, but this year, nothing we have seen would indicate he is not shut down. He missed a few tackles on plays he shouldn’t have been the last guy. As far as coverage, I don’t even think I have seen him on the TV outside of his pick against Washington and Wilson’s TD. QB’s are not going near him. 

Sure, we will overcome it. But does it take away from the tops end this defense would see? Sure. Also reasonable to expect we saw his worst and it was only going to get better.

Tre is a leader and fought his tail off it get back. This sucks. I would take a loss and Tre healthy without a thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is an injury settlement possible? Thats such a steep cap hit for no player..

No, that would make no sense.

An injury settlement occurs when the team puts a player on season ending IR, but the player believes he can come back and play for another team this season.

So the player, his physicians, the NFL team, and their physicians agree on the number of weeks the rehab should actually require, pay the player for that many weeks, and release him.  Good for the player - gets a chance to play elsewhere - good for the team, doesn't have to pay the player for the entire season if it's actually a shorter injury.

This is likely a season-ending injury, so Tre is going to be paid for the full season regardless.  And releasing Tre would cost the Bills extra cap, not save it, because all his amortized signing, option, and restucture bonuses would accelerate into this season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have to say this absolutely broke my heart and I could barely enjoy the rest of the win.  This isn’t the first time a player was moved to tears being carted away but I’ve never seen that sort of reaction beforehand.  

Tre was such a crucial part of this franchise’s turnaround.  It’s easy to forget because now we have a handful of them but he was the only elite player on this team for a couple years.  In his prime he had this knack for making game sealing plays.  

Not to mention a hilarious and warm human. This absolutely blows.  Win him a ring, boys.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Tre was not the same last year, but this year, nothing we have seen would indicate he is not shut down. He missed a few tackles on plays he shouldn’t have been the last guy. As far as coverage, I don’t even think I have seen him on the TV outside of his pick against Washington and Wilson’s TD. QB’s are not going near him. 

Sure, we will overcome it. But does it take away from the tops end this defense would see? Sure. Also reasonable to expect we saw his worst and it was only going to get better.

Tre is a leader and fought his tail off it get back. This sucks. I would take a loss and Tre healthy without a thought. 

Really feel for Tre. Great leader and seemed to be having a good year.  

Have a feeling this might be last year for him, Hyde and Poyer in Bills uniform and might need to be the case but such great contributors to get us out of drought and where we are now.  Hope I am wrong but it’s a “young” man’s game. Go Bills. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You see more of these today. Athletes train their bodies to get more and more power, and it puts more stress on their tendons.

You can tell Tre put in the work. He was in great shape. And he was playing very well this year, to my eyes. So sad for him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

You see more of these today. Athletes train their bodies to get more and more power, and it puts more stress on their tendons.

You can tell Tre put in the work. He was in great shape. And he was playing very well this year, to my eyes. So sad for him.

He was definitely back. The way he jumped the ball the last 2 weeks. He was back. It’s such a shame. I know that why he was so mad. He was finally back.

• Agree 3

Mike Florio never said anything about the Tre White injury a little bit ago when he was on football night in America. Usually he will point out guys that will be out for the season or miss significant time. I don't know if he forgot to report it but I kinda hoping that could mean a small chance of good news for him. Although unlikely 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Mike Florio never said anything about the Tre White injury a little bit ago when he was on football night in America. Usually he will point out guys that will be out for the season or miss significant time. I don't know if he forgot to report it but I kinda hoping that could mean a small chance of good news for him. Although unlikely 

They were talking specifically about AGC north injuries

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Reports are torn Achilles.  MRI tomorrow to confirm. 

My thoughts for how this affects the team are minimal.  He was playing great - but we're always kind of good at CB, and I have faith in Elam & all that.

Just gutted for Tre, more than anything. To fight your way back from an ACL, and then have this happen.  Sending all kinds of good vibes to that good man tonight.

• Agree 2

This s--ks but the Bills have depth at this position.  Tre has been playing well but had not been the dominating guy he was before the knee injury.  I expect the other guys to play well within the scheme.  I don't expect a trade but I do expect a practice squad move to develop some depth.  Elam, Jackson, and Benford will be fine as long as they stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

BUT you cannot just cut an injured player.   Probably will require an injury settlement. 

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Tre to IR - Corresponding Move Von Miller activated from PUP

Dane Starts 

Elam Active

Ingram elevated on Sat. 

after probably 2 weeks 

Ingram Signed to 53 corresponding Move Kingsley Cut and re-signed to PS (if clears waivers)  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.