Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Weather.com is saying that the biggest impact in Washington from the tropical storm will be on Saturday.  Sunday, they are predicting showers with 10 -15 mph winds.  That's enough to affect the game, but not enough to destroy any semblance of a passing offense.  Washington is already going to make a deep passing game difficult with their pass rush.  Too much wind will make it that much more difficult.  I expect Buffalo will make heavy use of a short passing game like they did versus the Raiders.

Excuse me

In reality, timing for this storm won't be known until it hits tomorrow, which will beyond suck if you traveled to DC early for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Excuse me

In reality, timing for this storm won't be known until it hits tomorrow, which will beyond suck if you traveled to DC early for the game.

I wonder if any team in the NFL has played more games in bad weather than the Bills over the past four seasons...I'd be surprised.

• Agree 6

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Weather has shifted since last night.  Now expected to rain for the entire game, versus being done by noon.

Says showers in afternoon, meaning it will be spotty or not at all even.  Still could change to all rain tho.

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Weather has shifted since last night.  Now expected to rain for the entire game, versus being done by noon

up to 30 mph gusts! OMG!!

“Sunday 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.Occasional light to moderate showers possible. Winds 10-20 mph, gusts to 20-30 mph”

Every other day in upstate NY

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

“Sunday 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.Occasional light to moderate showers possible. Winds 10-20 mph, gusts to 20-30 mph”

That was the same weather we had against Washington two years ago in Buffalo.

I enjoyed that game very much.

Capture.thumb.GIF.06e0aac720e09f3e931d354065eed337.GIF

Have we had this yet?

F6pehk7WYAAP8Sa.thumb.jpg.280d23045c1250dce6fc6ddcf462daf2.jpg

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-bills-week-3-injury-report

36 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hope the Bills have been rockin' the wet ball drills

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Commanders’ Sam Howell on Bills’ Josh Allen: ‘A tremendous player’

1687220918.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

“Josh is a tremendous player,” Howell said via video conference. “One of the guys that’s probably the more fun to watch in the NFL, and it’s been so much fun to watch him do what he’s been doing in Buffalo. It’ll be an exciting opportunity for me to go head-to-head with him.

I don’t know Josh personally but looking forward to the opportunity to maybe talk to him after the game or something.  A lot of respect for his game and just how he plays the game.”

“They’re one of the elite teams in the AFC. I know they’re 1-1, but records don’t mean anything in this situation. This is one of the elite teams coming in and we’ve got to gear up,” Washington head coach Ron Rivera said. “A great opportunity to see where we stand.”

billswire.usatoday

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I wish I could be as confident about our offense in bad weather as everyone else.

Freezing cold? Cool. Rain + winds? Sorry, I worry!

check out windy.com, as I find it is the best for wind conditions. Only about 9 mph wind during games and 20 mph gusts. Very manageable, compared to what we are used to in Buffalo.

In terms of rain, that is going to be a crapshoot. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I wish I could be as confident about our offense in bad weather as everyone else.

Freezing cold? Cool. Rain + winds? Sorry, I worry!

If we call the offense like against the Raiders we should be fine.  We have 3 good backs.  Two TE’s if we can’t air it out.  

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, eball said:

Looking at the National Hurricane Center, it does seem that the storm will move past the DC area prior to game time on Sunday…

:thumbsup:

National Weather Service saying the same - the worst stuff on Saturday then for Sunday hopefully most of the rain passing through in the morning.

"Showers, mainly before 8am. High near 67. East wind around 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible."

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Have we had this yet?

F6pehk7WYAAP8Sa.thumb.jpg.280d23045c1250dce6fc6ddcf462daf2.jpg

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-bills-week-3-injury-report

Hope the Bills have been rockin' the wet ball drills

Thanks for posting.  Curtis Samuel missed practice today, was due to illness.  Something to monitor, already without Logan that would be a big loss

5 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Josh can throw through those winds.

Does Sam Howell have a good enough arm to do it? I really haven’t watched him play 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

If we call the offense like against the Raiders we should be fine.  We have 3 good backs.  Two TE’s if we can’t air it out.  

James Cook has more footing issues than any other Bills player.  Hopefully we utilize the other backs a good share again this game if conditions are sloppy.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Does Sam Howell have a good enough arm to do it? I really haven’t watched him play 

He has a pretty strong arm from what I have seen. I have read that he doesn't quite have the arm like Josh but does have a cannon.  Guess we will see.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He has a pretty strong arm from what I have seen. I have read that he doesn't quite have the arm like Josh but does have a cannon.  Guess we will see.

Zierlein in his draft profile called it "average arm strength" and said he muscles balls.  Of course he could have improved since 2022.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

He does but he already has accuracy issues when he tries to sling it so those should be accentuated if it's windy.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh can throw through that wind but that’s not the issue.  The wind will still make the ball move awkwardly which makes it difficult for a WR to catch.

Actually part of throwing through the wind is getting the ball to the WR.  The faster it's going, the tighter the spiral, the less wind affects it.

Interestingly, I heard Josh talk about throwing in very windy conditions, and he said the wind affected the ball more when he was throwing WITH the wind, than when he was throwing INTO the wind.  He gave some details about why that was which I don't recall.

11 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Excuse me

I feel like it would be a bad decision to argue with you about the weather.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Lots of screens.  Datsun is a stellar route runner.  Sam has a big arm, doesn’t check down, and takes sacks.

Yeah, those things run forever.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.