Bills sign QB to PS-Shane Buechele

BuffaloBillyG

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This morning the UK Government appointed a woman name Claire Coutinho to the cabinet. Now the Bills sign a Quarterback name Shane Buechele. 

Who knew there were so many humans that I have never heard of? 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This morning the UK Government appointed a woman name Claire Coutinho to the cabinet. Now the Bills sign a Quarterback name Shane Buechele. 

Didn’t she used to play for Liverpool and now plays for Aston Villa?

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Fantasy football back then was quite the adventure. Required a lot of pencils and calculators, as I recall.

I used to compile the stats from the box scores in the Buffalo News (Courier Express?) for my dad’s FF league as a teenager back in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

Edited by Slack_in_MA

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember him!

Dunston at SS

Sandberg at 2nd

Grace at 1st

Girardi was the catcher?

I'm not a Cubs fan, but that 1992 season is a perfect example of why people considered them cursed.

Future Hall of Famers: peak Greg Maddux, Ryne Sandberg, old (but still could hit) Andre Dawson.

Other really talented (Dunston) or really productive (Grace) players.

How many teams with 3 future Hall of Famers on the roster for 4 or 5 years (and in their peaks or still productive) have underperformed so badly?

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Perhaps she can earn some ST snaps? That's her most likely path to getting a jersey on game day IMO. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not a Cubs fan, but that 1992 season is a perfect example of why people considered them cursed.

Future Hall of Famers: peak Greg Maddux, Ryne Sandberg, old (but still could hit) Andre Dawson.

How many teams with 3 future Hall of Famers on the roster for 4 or 5 years (and in their peaks or still productive) have underperformed so badly?

2023 Yankees.  Oh wait never mind.  Most of their players are crappy.

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I remember him with the Twins - MLB debut at 21, and I saw him in spring training. One of those "good stuff, wait till he learns how to pitch a bit" guys. Still waiting.

I always mixed him up with Kelvim Escobar and I’m not sure why.  Other than coming up around the same time they weren’t all that similar.  I do wish the Chiefs would drop Mahomes Jr. and pick up Kelvim Escobar Jr. though.  That would help.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

1992!?!?!  You were an early adopter.  How did everyone compile the stats?

Recall a neighbor of mine being in a fantasy football league back around 1985.  Believe it was all done manually, get the box scores from the Monday morning newspaper and figure it all out.

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I forgot Maddux was there!  Yeah, that should have been a small dynasty.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Interesting that he chose to leave KC practice squad for Buffalo.

This tells me he must have been told he'll be elevated to the active roster here as JA17 backup once he gets up to speed.

It can also mean he wasn't asked to join their practice squad

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article278799489.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, my Padres have Machado, Soto, Tatis, Bogaerts, Blake Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Hader, etc. and are sitting at 62-72. 0-11 in extra inning games. Think they were predicted to win 92-95 games.  It's been brutal. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, my Padres have Machado, Soto, Tatis, Bogaerts, Blake Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Hader, etc. and are sitting at 62-72. 0-11 in extra inning games. Think they were predicted to win 92-95 games.  It's been brutal. 

Yeah, the moneyballer in me wants to say "bad situational luck" since their runs scored vs. runs against suggests that they should at least be in the wild card hunt. But my gut tells me "this just ain't working"

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Thought it might be Fromm but getting a guy that was coached by Reid works for me.

Remember tho, Fromm has less than 4 years in the league so he went through Waivers. We would have had to claim him off waivers, and doing so carries and active roster requirement. We're trying to find a QB for the PS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, the moneyballer in me wants to say "bad situational luck" since their runs scored vs. runs against suggests that they should at least be in the wild card hunt. But my gut tells me "this just ain't working"

Their "clutch" numbers are trash. Hitting sub-.200 with RISP and 6-22 in one run games.  They've had some tough luck, but they've also been truly horrible situationally.  I've completely soured on Bob Melvin. Worst part about it is that they've got so many of these guys locked in for the next 7-10 years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.