Bills sign QB to PS-Shane Buechele

BuffaloBillyG

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Boo-SHELL

As in the chorus of boos from Wrigley Field as he grounded out weakly to end the rally.

Now THAT's before my time.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Funny, when I think of the Cubs infield, I think of Santo - Kessinger - Beckert - Banks.

And I think: "Tinker, to Evers, to Chance." That's how old I am.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he had an impressive college career judging by Wikipedia.  Seems like a great PS pickup.  Not sure if he played much in the NFL.  

He put up decent numbers his last 2 years at SMU.  His NFL draft overview has concerns with size (6-0), arm strength and pocket awareness. We needed to go into camp with options better than Barkley & KAllen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

His draft profile, which tabs him as a priority UDFA:

Resilient, undersized quarterback who lost his job at Texas but ended up putting together a nice two-year run at SMU. While Buechele was productive and won games, he lacks the mobility, size and arm strength teams typically look for out of a pro quarterback. He has a good football IQ, which gives his draft hopes some life, but ultimately, it will be difficult to stick around.

Sounds a lot like a description of Brock Purdy.  A little small, not ideal arm strength, limited mobility but good football IQ (smart).  A bunch of guys have had decent careers by being smart enough to know where to go with the ball.  Fitzmagic fit this description for more than a decade.  I guess we'll see whether he can make the best use of what he has to become a good backup.  Lucky for him that Kyle Allen has set a very low bar. If he doesn't develop, he'll be gone and we'll be talking about the next QB3.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Rubes said:

Fantasy football back then was quite the adventure. Required a lot of pencils and calculators, as I recall.

Yeah, I started in ‘81.  Drafts were all in person.  If someone couldn’t make it, either he provided a hand written list beforehand or was on the phone and there were no cell phones back then.  

You usually had to wait for snail mail to get the results.  We kept scoring very basic back then with just TDs.  Later added bonuses for like 100 yd rushing/receiving and 300 yd passing.  

Dan Marino screwed things up as whoever got the first pick took him and usually won the league.  I think that may have been the start of the 4 pt Passing TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, my Padres have Machado, Soto, Tatis, Bogaerts, Blake Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Hader, etc. and are sitting at 62-72. 0-11 in extra inning games. Think they were predicted to win 92-95 games.  It's been brutal. 

Bob Melvin with my A’s seemed to get overachieving by some nobodies.  Now he has all that talent and they’re under .500.  Are fans calling for his head?

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Great, so we signed Bobby Bouche

Is he doubling as the Waterboy?

Joe and Jeremy were talking about that this morning.  Between that character and Steve Buscemi, so many jokes. So many you tube clips..

Hopefully he gets his eyes checked before the season starts.

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He put up decent numbers his last 2 years at SMU.  His NFL draft overview has concerns with size (6-0), arm strength and pocket awareness. We needed to go into camp with options better than Barkley & KAllen.  

Zip is lacking. Like his pocket presence, looks like a gamer. Leads receivers with touch, throws good risk-reward middle range passes.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

His draft profile, which tabs him as a priority UDFA:

Resilient, undersized quarterback who lost his job at Texas but ended up putting together a nice two-year run at SMU. While Buechele was productive and won games, he lacks the mobility, size and arm strength teams typically look for out of a pro quarterback. He has a good football IQ, which gives his draft hopes some life, but ultimately, it will be difficult to stick around.

So basically a Peterman clone.

Anyone check and see if he is the son of the Waterboy?

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

11 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Bob Melvin with my A’s seemed to get overachieving by some nobodies.  Now he has all that talent and they’re under .500.  Are fans calling for his head?

It's about 50/50 at this point, but the chorus will get louder as it appears the team has now quit on him over the past two weeks.  I'm not a fan of his in game decision making (or lack thereof) and the level of underachieving speaks for itself.  But part of me also thinks for all the top end talent, the roster still wasn't constructed very well. Not enough speed and not enough bat to ball contact. But I'm old school like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.