The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

21 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Someone had linked Edmunds posts a few days back. It’s going about how you probably think it is. Fans questioning the amount of money he signed for, asking where’s the impact, saying he’s a clear downgrade from Roquan, etc. One of the comments I laughed at went something like “I know he’s supposed to be a coverage linebacker, but what or who is he covering exactly?” 😂 We need some Bills fans to go over there and troll them with “he’s making a difference, you all just can’t see it and don’t know what you’re watching.” I’m sure that would ignite the fires even more. 

You forgot, "And he's only 19!"

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

He has given up 9 yards on 5 receptions in coverage. That is less than 2 yards per

I haven’t watched him with the Bears so I don’t know what he’s doing over there. All I know is many of their fans aren’t happy with his impact on the dollar.

18 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I think we can all agree on something first and foremost:  he ain’t a Bill so his play means crap to us

Second:  He was a physically gifted athlete who had virtually no football instincts and relied on his naturally born skills.  This is a huge limiting factor

third:  good for him he got paid by someone-has generational wealth and has changed his families financial trajectory for decades.   Whatever that may mean

Fourth: can put this to rest.  We should focus all of our angst and distaste against the dolphins Pats bengals and chiefs.     So

much more fun and productive.  

Someone check the basement for pods...I have my doubts this is Behindenemylines. 🤔

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I haven’t watched him with the Bears so I don’t know what he’s doing over there. All I know is many of their fans aren’t happy with his impact on the dollar.

Not really sure what they were expecting. PFF and Football outsiders grade him out solidly even during his best season he was a "Pro Bowl" but not "All Pro" caliber MLB. He also is known as a coverage LB and Has only given up 9 yards on 5 receptions in coverage as previously pointed out. 

Pretty much most fans stated the Bears were paying 18 million aav for a player who was more likely a 10-12 million dollar type player. Most advanced stats also stated the same type of above average to good production for elite pay forecast. 

I think Edumonds will be asked to take a pay cut or be released after next season. The Bears won't run up against a huge QB contract but they might want to rebuild after Fields likely fails. Edumonds won't be a bad player so he likely will take a contract closer to 10 million or get cut and take a one year deal in the 7-8 million dollar range. 

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not really sure what they were expecting. PFF and Football outsiders grade him out solidly even during his best season he was a "Pro Bowl" but not "All Pro" caliber MLB. He also is known as a coverage LB and Has only given up 9 yards on 5 receptions in coverage as previously pointed out. 

Pretty much most fans stated the Bears were paying 18 million aav for a player who was more likely a 10-12 million dollar type player. Most advanced stats also stated the same type of above average to good production for elite pay forecast. 

I think Edumonds will be asked to take a pay cut or be released after next season. The Bears won't run up against a huge QB contract but they might want to rebuild after Fields likely fails. Edumonds won't be a bad player so he likely will take a contract closer to 10 million or get cut and take a one year deal in the 7-8 million dollar range. 

I think the majority of their fans had never seen Edmunds play, they just knew what he was known for. They didn’t know he wouldn’t have a noticeable impact on the field, in a way you’d think “he plays like his hair is on fire.” They probably also never checked into his forced turnovers with the Bills, so they probably were expecting production there too. I agree about Edmunds being asked to take a pay cut no later than the end of next year. While he was here I said I wouldn’t pay him a dollar more than Milano, so it would’ve been that $10-$12 range. The fact at least one team thought he was worth $18 was funny to me. He’s a good, solid linebacker. Nothing more, nothing less.

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They have a ton of cap room next year and its a big dead cap hit so I see him there at least this year and next. They can get out in 2025 with under $5m in dead cap so that will be when they either restrux or cut him loose. Likely depends on where team is at that point. Are they paying Fields or another QB? They have to spend the money somewhere. 

Edmunds is a good MLB but it's almost mind-boggling that he has had so few high impact plays.

It's something I can never get over.

In over 5 seasons he has over 4,500 NFL snaps in the middle of the field and only 2 FF, 0FR, 5 INT, 34 TFL and 6.5 Sacks.

His defensive scoring is 2 points.  

He is either the unluckiest defensive player ever or there is just something about his play.  I mean, he has almost 500 combined tackles

since his last FF.  How is that possible?

I wish him well in Chicago but as a MLB you just have to impact the game more often than "occasionally".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Edmunds is a good MLB but it's almost mind-boggling that he has had so few high impact plays.

It's something I can never get over.

In over 5 seasons he has over 4,500 NFL snaps in the middle of the field and only 2 FF, 0FR, 5 INT, 34 TFL and 6.5 Sacks.

His defensive scoring is 2 points.  

He is either the unluckiest defensive player ever or there is just something about his play.  I mean, he has almost 500 combined tackles

since his last FF.  How is that possible?

I wish him well in Chicago but as a MLB you just have to impact the game more often than "occasionally".

He’s kind of the opposite of Jairus Byrd, in that respect. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I think we can all agree on something first and foremost:  he ain’t a Bill so his play means crap to us

Second:  He was a physically gifted athlete who had virtually no football instincts and relied on his naturally born skills.  This is a huge limiting factor

third:  good for him he got paid by someone-has generational wealth and has changed his families financial trajectory for decades.   Whatever that may mean

Fourth: can put this to rest.  We should focus all of our angst and distaste against the dolphins Pats bengals and chiefs.     So

Killjoy! 

Can't we just engage in a little bit of good old schadenfreude! 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They gave him 50 million guaranteed! So if they cut him after year 2 that’s 25 mil/season plus a huge dead cap hit. Don’t think that’s happening but it’s the Bears so who knows

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Someone check the basement for pods...I have my doubts this is Behindenemylines. 🤔

Yeah a bit out of character, but with the D showing so much more Punch I’d rather keep hating on another Ex-Bill, Leslie “ Givemthethird” Frazier. 

Edited by Behindenemylines
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, Behindenemylines said:

And they impact our season more than what Edmunds does on his new team.   

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Who cares? He was a solid player when here. He’s moved on, so should the fans. 

My only care is just the numbers and justifying it was a solid cap move for the team.

Folks always want to overpay for names, pro bowls, etc...

Me, I find it interesting to compare what you get performance-wise for a top paid MLB vs a player on their rookie deals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

I'd actually like an Edmunds report every week. 

I mean, the argument is over. We needed JAG replacement level performance to replace edmunds. We got well above that in the first 3 games. Bernie has = or surpassed every Edmunds impact play statistic in just 3 games … telling just how poor of an instinctual player edmunds is. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

I mean, the argument is over. We needed JAG replacement level performance to replace edmunds. We got well above that in the first 3 games. Bernie has = or surpassed every Edmunds impact play statistic in just 3 games … telling just how poor of an instinctual player edmunds is. 

Yessir, I just want to drive the point home more to the Edmunds Homers. He was pretty bad and prolly cost us a super bowl. Him and Frazier

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

so how about now ? Can we be done with Edmunds ? no really ? Please

What you don’t love to continually talk about a guy who’s no longer here and the Bills found a suitable replacement? If this thread sticks around all year I think this will outrank the Skelton for Mario thread for worst of all time. 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

What you don’t love to continually talk about a guy who’s no longer here and the Bills found a suitable replacement? If this thread sticks around all year I think this will outrank the Skelton for Mario thread for worst of all time. 

Challenge accepted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No idea what Chicago thought it was buying.  They needed Edmunds for $20m/year, for what?  They’re losing 34-0 at the half and haven’t even been competitive on defense.

Be very careful. Do you want me to go back and find your “Tremaine is a God” posts?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.