The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

So the Bills play bad in preseason and “it’s only preseason it doesn’t matter stope overreacting”

a player who used to be on the Bills plays bad in preseason and “I told

you the dude sucked he’s the worst player ever”

this fan base sometimes man. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Almost all of us here were frequently  labeled as having no idea what we were watching re: Edmunds by a vocal few, so.....who knows?

he's at least the best paid pile hopper in the NFL.

paul puzluzknee tips his hat to this, good sir

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

So the Bills play bad in preseason and “it’s only preseason it doesn’t matter stope overreacting”

a player who used to be on the Bills plays bad in preseason and “I told

you the dude sucked he’s the worst player ever”

this fan base sometimes man. 

This fan base wears punters jerseys. I can’t get surprised an anything anymore.

Took a stroll along a Bears forum to see how they viewed the game and most are reacting like we did against Pittsburgh. Disappointed with the offense not playing up to expectations, worrying about their preseason darlings making it to the PS, etc. 

More than a few starting to wonder about Edmunds. He's missed 10 practices for an undisclosed injury and only played a single series. But I was mostly impressed that Bears fans seem to know what they're in for with Edmunds as far as his strengths and weakness. They seem to have hope for him to contribute, but don't make him a cause to prove their GM's competency like some felt when he was with us. 

One had the keen foresight to call out why he's not worth a top 10 draft pick in 2018. But also thought Marcus Davenport was going to set the league on fire too. 

Edited by benderbender

On 8/27/2023 at 9:04 AM, K-9 said:

Meddle Lanebacker?

Muddle Lonebacker

23 hours ago, Capco said:

No doofus!  It's obviously "Muddle Lonebacker" 🤦‍♂️

Some posters around here, I tell ya...

😂

Just catching up, should've known I'd be beaten to the punch on this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a quick look at a Bears forum.  There seems to be some serious buyer's remorse.  Here is one example:  "Is Edmunds not good in coverage? I'm watching the highlights and he's been out of place NUMEROUS times. Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 0 it doesn't matter. Edmunds takes false steps and gets himself out of position. He also gets turned around. He literally looks completely lost at times. I know one of the knocks on him was that he only had 1 great year. So far, I'm not impressed. He looks lost. This is just one example."  Out of position?  Looks lost?  Whodda thunk it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He took himself out of several plays yesterday. I know he missed a lot of time with the team this summer, in my opinion he was always washing himself out of plays, taking 5 yard piggy back rides and jumping into piles most of his time in Buffalo. 
I wish him good luck, but am glad the Bills didn’t pay him that money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Took a quick look at a Bears forum.  There seems to be some serious buyer's remorse.  Here is one example:  "Is Edmunds not good in coverage? I'm watching the highlights and he's been out of place NUMEROUS times. Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 0 it doesn't matter. Edmunds takes false steps and gets himself out of position. He also gets turned around. He literally looks completely lost at times. I know one of the knocks on him was that he only had 1 great year. So far, I'm not impressed. He looks lost. This is just one example."  Out of position?  Looks lost?  Whodda thunk it?

I just looked, one post, "PFF Grades:   The worst performers were Edmunds, Edwards and Ngakoue"

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bears-tremaine-edmunds-solid-chicago-debut/

This very intelligent article seems to disagree. Bengals 🌟 Tremaine Edmunds lol

9 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

He took himself out of several plays yesterday. I know he missed a lot of time with the team this summer, in my opinion he was always washing himself out of plays, taking 5 yard piggy back rides and jumping into piles most of his time in Buffalo. 
I wish him good luck, but am glad the Bills didn’t pay him that money. 

I just watched the "highlights" of that game and your description of his play was almost EXACTLY what I saw.  He was always just out of the play, always in the general zip code but totally infective in actually making a stop much lass an actual "play".

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

watched most of the game yesterday and TE was average at best.  made a few solid open tackle run stops, nothing spectacular.  one or two tackles for a loss.  as for coverage, Pack TE luke musgrave caught 3 balls out of 4 targets.  

One strange note, not sure how the Bears and NFL let him wear those Bills red long sleeve but i thought it was a cool gesture!  

• Like (+1) 1

According to PFF, Tremaine came in at at solid 83rd, among all LBs so far this week. 
22 Linebackers played 60 snaps or more.  Edmunds ranked 20 out of those 22. 
Passer rating for guys tremaine covered was 118.8.  This ranked 21 out the 22 most active linebackers. 

There is a separating ranking system coming out later from TBDEA, which ranks "things fans can't understand, adjusted for player age" .  Edmunds is expected to rank #1 on this index. 

image.thumb.png.927276928ba981a51e991651a2f3299c.png

Edited by Chaos
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

He's in for a rough season.  It will take him nearly the entire 2023 season to get to where he was in the 2022 season with the Bills.

He's slow to know the playbook, and to boot, a defense that's entirely different from what the Bills ran, to where he doesn't need to think about what to do, he just does it.   

He won't be great for the Bears this year, but in future years, barring injury, he'll put up 2022 stats for them.  

The biggest point with Edmunds was that it did not make sense for the team to take on a crippling contract to retain Edmunds.

I think Bean would like to keep every player they develop in house, but that is just not feasible. I don't think we currently have LBs with the range or as durable as Edmunds was for the team, but that does not mean the team cannot fill that role with a cheaper option down the road.

We will see how they use Rapp, if Bernard can stay healthy, and how much juice the veteran Kirksey has left in the tank.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.