Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

1 minute ago, Success said:

There are a lot of overreactions on this thread - preseason is literally nothing.

But I can't discount all of them.  They play vanilla & all that, so we're not seeing what we will be seeing. But some of the penalties and sloppy play are concerning.  I'm definitely worried that McD bit off more than he can chew taking on 2 roles.

Are you kidding me?!? It's the new NFL. These boys are killer athletes and ours look like wimps. It is concerning. 

I call it now - we end up in third and maybe even fourth in the division. You heard it here first.

• Eyeroll 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, jkeerie said:

Well I see this board is in midseason form.  Relax folks.  This is the first preseason game for our starters.  It's the second for Pittsburgh.  The penalties are what's killing the Bills.  

It’s the physical battles being lost and mental mistakes - those are massive red flags. 

Brown and Dawkins look like pylons.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

Are you kidding me?!? It's the new NFL. These boys are killer athletes and ours look like wimps. It is concerning. 

I call it now - we end up in third and maybe even fourth in the division. You heard it here first.

I remember my first preseason...

• Haha (+1) 7

Just now, jkeerie said:

Well I see this board is in midseason form.  Relax folks.  This is the first preseason game for our starters.  It's the second for Pittsburgh.  The penalties are what's killing the Bills.  

I guess some posters are using the Pre-Season as their Pre-Season for overreacting during the Season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m concerned about the starting defense giving up the big play to start the game on consecutive drives

This is something to Buffalo really doesn’t do they don’t give up the big play, but they did tonight

Did you watch last year? They gave up the most TD runs over 40 yards.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The penalty-fest is concerning. you almost feel like teams gain a reputation. and refs will be calling even the ticky tack stuff all year unless MdD gets this under control.

Also preseason for the home team.  Drive up the hype mobile.

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

And I’ll hear it here last after you’re blocked. What a reactionary take. 

Why even be a fan if you’re going to be this negative about an exhibition? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.