Dalvin signs with jets

NewEra

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is correct. 

Also, to me this is a sign the Hall may not be healing the way the Jets project it. 

Honesty between that and the fact that we play then first. Tells me their run game won’t be on point yet. Cook on a new team. Hasn’t been practicing all summer. We’ll be fine 

• Agree 1

So I guess this guarantees the Jets win the SB right?  I mean that's what all the talking heads are saying...  and there's no way they can be wrong.

Sarcasm aside, I really, REALLY hope the Bills give the Jets a smackdown on the MNF opener and throw all the pundits into a crazed frenzy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

You’re being incredibly naive. 

Yeah, they will definitely finish last in the division once A-Rod is put on IR. The Jets O line is something that A-Rod is NOT familiar with dealing with. It's a severe downgrade that will end up costing the Jets BIG TIME.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dudes a RB. Yawn…. Their season goes as Rodgers goes…. and if their offensive line can keep him upright. I expect their defense to be very good though. Defensive line has a lot of moving parts.

A lot of the offense will no doubt fall on Rodgers. However, you have to look at the Cook acquisition in it's whole. The Jets will likely rely on their defense and try to control the ball on offense. I don't think they want an older Rodgers  throwing the ball 40 plus times. Take into consideration their oline which doesn't look strong. 

Cook can contribute enough to make their offense better. Cook can be used in the screen game and short passing game too where he's very good. 

I would not brush off this pick up as insignificant. Likely, it's not enough to overcome the Bills for the division. It does close the gap though. 

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even the Bills oline is significantly better than the Jets. The only question with the Bills oline is RT. The Jets honestly have question marks across the board. 

The Bills oline has more concerns then RT. Not one person on the line is elite. They have to play well as a unit and they have several new additions. The jury is out on how good of bad the oline will be. 

They are capable of being solid not elite. Vice versa. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I can’t remember a time where the AFCE has been this competitive from top to bottom. Highlights how NE owned the division for so long. NE and NYJ play a 4th and 3rd place schedule which should bring a few more wins to each. 

Not in the 4-team division anyway.

In the 5-team division it was pretty competitive in the late'90s.  

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

It's pretty obvious we have the better brother. The Jets couldn't even beat Arizona. Allen for MVP. 2nd place more likely Kincaid than Rodgers. The only real team in New York wins.

Jets fans are ugly. 

(My Bills fan impression of this thread)

Side note, I do think the Jets are hyper over rated. Some of these posts just made me chuckle. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even the Bills oline is significantly better than the Jets. The only question with the Bills oline is RT. The Jets honestly have question marks across the board. 

If all it takes to go from a terrible offensive line to a solid one is grabbing a JAG in free agency and a late second round rookie to play  Guard, the Jets should be able to finagle something between now and the start of the season.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I can’t remember a time where the AFCE has been this competitive from top to bottom. Highlights how NE owned the division for so long. NE and NYJ play a 4th and 3rd place schedule which should bring a few more wins to each. 

When the Bills win the division again for a 4th straight year will it still be considered competitive ? I’m seeing 3 teams desperately trying to catch 17 as they should be, but it’s all hopes and dreams until someone can unseat 17.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Is he? The Jets might want to figure out how to beat the Patriots first before you can guarantee slotting them ahead. It's only been 8 years. They're still a clown show until proven otherwise

• Agree 1

Feels like our division rivals are going all in to try to unseat the Bills.

If the Bills win the division again, some of our rivals could start to spiral.  We saw it firsthand w/ the Pats being on top for so long. Owners get impatient, coaches get fired, QB's don't get the grace period they normally would.  Teams start panicking and making more drastic moves to bridge the gap, and it rarely works.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Billl said:

If all it takes to go from a terrible offensive line to a solid one is grabbing a JAG in free agency and a late second round rookie to play  Guard, the Jets should be able to finagle something between now and the start of the season.

By what metric did the Bills have a "terrible offensive line" last season?

Interesting "sneer" though.  It's been known to happen for a team to start a late 2nd round rookie at C next to a 6th round rookie at RG, and have it work out OK, so I'm not sure what your point is.  Will be interesting to see how Donovan Smith and Jawaan Taylor work out for ya.

A second-round draft pick in 2015, Smith, 29, went on to start 124 regular-season games -- sixth most of any offensive lineman in the league from 2015 to 2022. But he had one of his worst seasons as a starter in 2022, with a pass rush win rate of 78.3% and a run block win rate of 64.9%.

He also dealt with elbow and foot injuries during the 2022 season, causing him to miss four regular-season games.

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

How did he ever get one in the first place? He was crap under Marrone and someone saw fit to give him another opportunity…and another…and another…

But....but....but....the NFL only cares about one thing, Winning, so they always hire the best man for the job!  I read that right here!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

Feels like our division rivals are going all in to try to unseat the Bills.

If the Bills win the division again, some of our rivals could start to spiral.  We saw it firsthand w/ the Pats being on top for so long. Owners get impatient, coaches get fired, QB's don't get the grace period they normally would.  Teams start panicking and making more drastic moves to bridge the gap, and it rarely works.

If we hang on to win the afce, which I truly expect,  there will be fallout. Tua is one more concussion away from seeing the fish implode. And captain Ayahuasca and his merry band of "transcendentals" probably won't survive that OL.  And Cowterd's sidekick will be truly butt-hurt after week 4 when the Jesters are 1-3.  Not even Zeke can help that Beli mess up in NE.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Similar to Buffalo's oline. Right?

Yeah but Rodgers doesn't have the mobility Allen does (even in his prime).  Most seasons in Green Bay he's had a decent offensive line so if the Jets falter that will be the main reason.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.