Dalvin signs with jets

NewEra

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This move doesn’t change much. Just tells

me Breece Hall is far away,

It changes much. Jets just acquired a dynamic running back.  A big weapon.  When Hall comes back,  that'll be a very talented backfield. 

Jets are a scary team right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It changes much. Jets just acquired a dynamic running back.  A big weapon.  When Hall comes back,  that'll be a very talented backfield. 

Jets are a scary team right now.

Scary is, as Scary does.  On paper, sure, they've become a very talented offense.  But as I've said before, football games are played on grass or turf, on Sunday

Hackett has had a top rushing offense twice in his career as an OC/HC: 2013 in Buffalo with FredEx and CJ Spiller; and 2017 in Jax with Leonard Fournette.

Green Bay had kind of a mediocre run game while he was there, and that was an improvement on their previous celler-dwelling lack of run game.

IMO, this division will come down to the Jets or the Bills, with the last game of the year being the deciding factor.  I think we will start strong but will struggle toward the second half with some of the marquee match ups.  I think the Jets will start slow and come on strong in the second half.

This may come down to coaching and team unity, which I believe we have the edge.  Make no mistake, the Jets are just as talented as we are.  They are trying to buy a Super Bowl but we are a huge hurdle standing in their way.

This is going to be a wild season.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Funny how teams that played us tough last year get better and the response is doesn’t move the needle, who cares. I still think we win the division but it’s gonna be tougher than last year.

Yes.  We went 1-1 against the Jets facing Zach Wilson and Mike White. 

Our offense scored 17 and 20 points in those games.  They gave us fits.  Two of Allen's worst games of the season.  Jests defense will be strong again this year.  Dorsey better have answers because Rodgers on his last legs is still orders of magnitude better than their QB play last year. 

The Jets got better today.  They will give Buffalo all we can handle.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Buckle up everyone…AFC East is going to be blood bath.

I wonder what this means for Breece Hall as seemed like the next great RB before his injury

Doesn't mean anything for Hall. The Jets are going all in for a super bowl this year, and they'll need all the playmakers they can get.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m not worried about any of the teams in the division if we can develop a decent run game and Josh doesn’t turn the ball over as much this year. 

How confident are you of either of those items?

I don't think our running game got much better. Torraece is an upgrade at right guard so maybe the run game finds some life on the right side of the line between Brown and O'Cyrus.  Dawkins is in decline, Morse is who he is, McGovern is another guy who is decent pass blocking but weak in run blocking according to the scouting reports. Brown is a major question mark with discouraging injury history.  I expect more of the same as far as run blocking goes. 

If we don't find better balance it will be more hero ball from Josh unless Dorsey can scheme open looks.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Doesn't mean anything for Hall. The Jets are going all in for a super bowl this year, and they'll need all the playmakers they can get.

I still think the Jests mortgaged a solid build for an 18 month window a year or two before they were really ready to compete.  I think they pulled the trigger too soon but I expect they will be competitive this year unless Rodgers falls apart.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I still think the Jests mortgaged a solid build for an 18 month window a year or two before they were really ready to compete.  I think they pulled the trigger too soon but I expect they will be competitive this year unless Rodgers falls apart.

Maybe, but the coach and GM probably didn't have 2 years to be ready to compete. They whiffed on their QB and drafting another would give them a gamble on a  completely unknown player that would take at least 2-3 years to bear fruit. While a Super Bowl is unlikely, Rodgers probably gave them the best shot possible over the next 3 years, and it makes sense to give him as much talent as possible.

I think they have a better shot this season than the Bills.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Maybe, but the coach and GM probably didn't have 2 years to be ready to compete. They whiffed on their QB and drafting another would give them a gamble on a  completely unknown player that would take at least 2-3 years to bear fruit. While a Super Bowl is unlikely, Rodgers probably gave them the best shot possible over the next 3 years, and it makes sense to give him as much talent as possible.

I think they have a better shot this season than the Bills.

Not so fast.  This is the year our pass rush finally takes off and our defense becomes dangerous.  Beane has been meticulously working on the Dline for 6 long years and now its finally ready.  The leagues most expensive defensive line will obliterate all known sack records.  You can take that to the bank.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Funny how teams that played us tough last year get better and the response is doesn’t move the needle, who cares. I still think we win the division but it’s gonna be tougher than last year.

Trust me, the Bills got a lot better. Our DL and secondary are better. It will show.

Offense improvements will be determined by recent draft picks Kincaid, Cook, and Torrence. 

30 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not surprising, they have the cap space and are in win now mode with a RB that is coming off of an ACL they probably also needed some more playmakers too. Moves the needle a little for the Jets but that Offensive Line is what is likely going to sink their season 

I don’t think it moves the needle at all. We use to add premier RBs thinking it’ll do something. We never got better.

Aaron Rodgers is what moves the needle. I think he’s still an elite QB but there’s so much talk about Josh Allen’s INTs and not enough about Rodgers worst season in 12 years. He basically doubled his INTs. We’ll see. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, wppete said:

Beane better start working the Phones and get something done. AFCE is loading up, we need to keep up. 

Beane is going to do what he's been instructed to do from the owners. Stop spending money, we have the stadium paid for and the PSL. No more big contracts. Ride Josh Allen into the ground and get just enough has been players to keep the fans spending money. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Sjwalker1 said:

Beane is going to do what he's been instructed to do from the owners. Stop spending money, we have the stadium paid for and the PSL. No more big contracts. Ride Josh Allen into the ground and get just enough has been players to keep the fans spending money. 

Fair enough. Jets have spent the most cash in 2023. The cheap Bills have spent the 5th most, according to Spotrac.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.