Players already disliking Bienemy…

LabattBlue

54 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Did KC get comp pics or was Beinamy a lateral move? 

If they got two 3rd round pics for him that's highway robbery.

That's a good question, and I'd also like to know the answer.  Could only find a site before the hire, implying that it would only apply if Bieniemy was hired as a HC

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was actually surprised that Rivera mentioned this publicly.  It honestly makes the players who went to him, look soft.  I see no benefit to making this public, except to get the media talking about it.  

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, but he was so cryptic about it that only the conscious people knew what he meant.

But I agree, that was a mini-Payton move, but talking about his own coach. Odd strategy there, indeed.

So I can think of two reasons Rivera might talk about it - one positive, one negative.

The positive one is spin control.  Rivera might figure that there's enough grumbling that it's going to get out, so stay ahead of it and put his version out first.

The negative one is based on the theory some have that Rivera will be fired and Bieniemy is the HC in waiting.  In which case, it could be seen as saying "this guy has some lessons to learn first".

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I wouldn't make any judgments yet. The proof will be in the pudding. What they had before certainly wasn't working. Maybe this will.

What will be in their soft pudding azses is the new OCs foot, that team has been a destination for collecting a paycheck, not playing quality football, that is about to change, in fact it is already started…

3 hours ago, Augie said:

But at least they will be able to say he got a chance to do more and look how that turned out. And THEN clean up with a franchise QB. We will be solving multiple problems even if it wasn’t intended that way. 

Good point Augie I feel bad for the guy he left a really cushy job in KC and took a chance just didn’t work out like he thought and now I think even he knows he’s about to take the fall for a 3 win season. 

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Good point Augie I feel bad for the guy he left a really cushy job in KC and took a chance just didn’t work out like he thought and now I think even he knows he’s about to take the fall for a 3 win season. 

Then again, a 3 win season probably gets them a chance at a top QB in the draft.  Given the trend of hiring offensive-minded coaches to be HCs, I can see Bienemy finally being given his shot.

Edited by Doc

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sounds like a recent DC in WNY. Not unlikeable, but with other dark questions.

We never know what happens behind closed doors. I have to practice my trust. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then again, a 3 win season probably gets them a chance at a top QB in the draft.  Given the trend of hiring offensive-minded coaches to be HCs, I can see Bienemy finally being given his shot.

Only if he brings Reid with him...

Not surprising. One of the first roles as a leader coming from a successful team to a not so successful team is to get the wrong people off the bus before getting the right people on the bus.

Many of those players are just collecting a paycheck and the less work they can do the better. There is no real accountability for winning, no real expectation level set for how they do things on a daily basis and no real intensity that is required to get to a winning level in the NFL.

Honestly it probably means he is doing something right. The people complaining are the ones that need to go for them to start transitioning to a winning team.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I doubt it.  Good luck as new owners selling to your fan base that we should promote our offensive coordinator to head coach after a three win season.  When you fire a head coach you usually clean house.  Plus, you'd probably get your pick of the litter of head coaching candidates when they know they get to draft Caleb Williams.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nothing much to be concerned about there, IMO, except Bieniemy talking about himself consistently in the 3rd person. 

Doc Brown doesn't know why Rivera made those comments though as it made him and Del Rio seem like pushover coaches and some of their offensive players seem soft.  Washington was 25th, 23rd, and 24th in offense under Rivera so it's not like the player friendly approach Scott Turner previously had worked.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder whether Rivera made these comments out of frustration.

. . . because Bienemy was forced on him.

Lets see if Rivera continues to fake get-out-of-the-way and let that "genius" work that KC Chiefs' magic.  "hey, HE's the genius.  who am I to question his methods?"

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Who knows? They were .500 last year and have some very good talent. I have no idea how they'll do. I won't be shocked if they go 5-11 and I won't be shocked if they go 10-7.

Hopefully they won’t skip a game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

i presume dc is gonna suck on O, but that's cuz they sucked on O before.  even a great OC is gonna have an uphill climb (no idea how good beinemy actually is)

i do remember bill parcels saying you always start out as mean as you are gonna be.  you can get softer later, and people will appreciate it.  if you start out nice and get meaner, people will resent you and not buy you being serious.  from that POV, he's prolly starting out as best as he can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I doubt it.  Good luck as new owners selling to your fan base that we should promote our offensive coordinator to head coach after a three win season.  When you fire a head coach you usually clean house.  Plus, you'd probably get your pick of the litter of head coaching candidates when they know they get to draft Caleb Williams.

Caleb Williams or Drake Maye (or someone else), will be the selling point, if they're in position to select one of them.  There doesn't appear to be an exciting retread for hire and they can try and sell Bienemy as a guy who helped develop Mahomes (I know, I know).

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Well that's what you get when your use to being a loser & you have to make changes to become a winner . Even the NFL has softened to todays standards .

It would be great to go back to say the 90's and inject these players into a practice back then when they had 2 a days & hitting like they had back then boy i can just imagine the whining you'd hear from some of the players today .

Excellence in anything you do is not easy to come by it must be earned by hard work !!  

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Well that's what you get when your use to being a loser & you have to make changes to become a winner . Even the NFL has softened to todays standards .

It would be great to go back to say the 90's and inject these players into a practice back then when they had 2 a days & hitting like they had back then boy i can just imagine the whining you'd hear from some of the players today .

Excellence in anything you do is not easy to come by it must be earned by hard work !!  

Imagine thinking elite athletes don't work hard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Imagine thinking elite athletes don't work hard

That’s the culture of most fans though. People are fans of teams, not players. Fans have problems with players making money, but not the billionaire owners making even more. I love the “you signed a contract so honor it” but then in the next post will say “that guy needs to be cut, he’s not worth the money they are paying him!”

I’m sure it has nothing to do with the science that shows that how practices used to be run weren’t as beneficial as to how things are run now-it’s just that 100% of these players are softer now than they used to be

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

That’s the culture of most fans though. People are fans of teams, not players. Fans have problems with players making money, but not the billionaire owners making even more. I love the “you signed a contract so honor it” but then in the next post will say “that guy needs to be cut, he’s not worth the money they are paying him!”

I’m sure it has nothing to do with the science that shows that how practices used to be run weren’t as beneficial as to how things are run now-it’s just that 100% of these players are softer now than they used to be

image.thumb.png.acbb045aaeaeb9977c0d9f88613b438e.png

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, T master said:

The reason why players today are bigger, stronger and faster is because they work very hard.

Emphasis on Player safety doesn't mean they're soft.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Florio has been losing his mind every winter at the absolute travesty it is that EB doesn't have a HC job.

Congressional investigations, revisiting the anti trust laws, forced sale of teams, it's all on the table until the NFL comes down to earth and makes this right. 

I would trust Florio before I would listen to a bunch of players who worked with EB on a daily basis. 

All this means is that his players are also in on the giant league wide conspiracy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, I think if Ron is let go, that may have been the plan. Give him an audition as IHC. However, if EB is already not well liked it's going to go even further south of they do that in my opinion. Switching from a well liked Rivera to an already not liked Beinemy would destroy that locker room.

The question is whether this is Rivera's parry. He may be claiming it to try and cast the negativity towards Bienemy rather than himself.

4 hours ago, T master said:

There are still just as many excellent players today as back then, and I would argue they work even harder. Today’s players are in MUCH better shape compared to the 90’s players, where offseason workouts weren’t really a thing. You came to camp to get in shape. There were 90’s era players who even smoked. Today’s players have no real offseason. They train year round.

So there’s no need to go back in time…

I’d argue that NFL games today are about as exciting ad they’ve ever been, too.

Edited by BillsFan4

20 hours ago, Jukester said:

So a bunch of coddled young nfl players can’t handle a hard nosed coach who sets a high bar and rides their soft asses. Got it. 

Eric B has had a solid track record of being a jerk for years, ya dig?

30 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

The question is whether this is Rivera's parry. He may be claiming it to try and cast the negativity towards Bienemy rather than himself.

People will do anything but admit / realize EB just isn't a good coach. 

Did you read your post and think "Yeah, I think this could ACTUALLY be the case of a HC that has been in the league for 20+ years, been to a SB and has numerous ex-coaches move on to be head coaches"? 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Caleb Williams or Drake Maye (or someone else), will be the selling point, if they're in position to select one of them.  There doesn't appear to be an exciting retread for hire and they can try and sell Bienemy as a guy who helped develop Mahomes (I know, I know).

I think you just answered your own post DOC I’m sure ESPN will be running around the clock coverage Eric tutoring Caleb or Drake and have the graphics department makeup some stats to show how similar they are. 

3 hours ago, colin said:

i presume dc is gonna suck on O, but that's cuz they sucked on O before.  even a great OC is gonna have an uphill climb (no idea how good beinemy actually is)

i do remember bill parcels saying you always start out as mean as you are gonna be.  you can get softer later, and people will appreciate it.  if you start out nice and get meaner, people will resent you and not buy you being serious.  from that POV, he's prolly starting out as best as he can.

DC needs a QB. As think have some good WRs in McLaurin, Samuels and Dotson. RB isn't bad with Robinson and Gibson. It be interesting if they tank this season and move on from Rivera and get a rookie QB next season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.