Players already disliking Bienemy…

LabattBlue

20 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It may very well be that Bienemy learned his intensity from Andy Reid, and that it's been a factor in the Chiefs offensive success, and that it's been lacking in Washington, and their offense will benefit from his approach.

2 different things can both be true.   

There could be legitimate concerns resulting in Bienemy not being seen as the best guy for a HC job.

It can also be true that there's a double standard, and that the same concerns would be overlooked in a different candidate with similar experience/qualifiications are perceived as eliminating a man of color.

This piece is about how the same traits are perceived differently in men vs women, but if you care, you can substitute a few words and figure it out.

"How To Tell A Businessman From A Businesswoman"

A businessman is aggressive; a businesswoman is pushy.
He is assertive; she is confrontational.
He is detail oriented; she is picky.
He loses his temper because he's so invested in his job; she's bitchy.
He's persistent; she doesn't know when to quit.
He's firm; she's inflexible.
He makes judgments; she reveals prejudices.
He says what he thinks; she's opinionated.
He exercises authority; she's tyrannical.
He's discreet; she's secretive.
He's a stern taskmaster; she's difficult to work for.

But if she is HOT, its all good.  LOL

It’s hilarious how much some fans overreact to preseason (see the Pat Mahomes’ training camp interception thread here before his first year starting). 

dude had a the best coaching job in sports. He got passed over for jobs that guys with way worse resumes got (the dork who’s Arizona’s coach) to prove himself. And the players in a crappy offense for one of the worst organizations in sports are sad because he yelled at them. Gimme a break. 

if he fails it’s more because he has Sam Howell at qb than anything. But what a bunch of entitled babies. 

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's no wonder Shady and him didn't get along. 

Bieniemy may or may not learn what Coughlin eventually did.  You can achieve the same results with a less abrasive approach.  It doesn't make you or your team soft.  These are professionals.  

Because shady was a shell of himself and couldn’t get off the bench???

that said, shady was a great podcast listen on pardon my take.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Caleb Williams or Drake Maye (or someone else), will be the selling point, if they're in position to select one of them.  There doesn't appear to be an exciting retread for hire and they can try and sell Bienemy as a guy who helped develop Mahomes (I know, I know).

There's no way in hell they promote an offensive coordinator to a head coach if that team only wins three games.  That's never happened before.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no way in hell they promote an offensive coordinator to a head coach if that team only wins three games.  That's never happened before.

Depends on the reason for the 14 losses.  If the offense is decent but the defense terrible, there's no reason to blame Bienemy.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Depends on the reason for the 14 losses.  If the offense is decent but the defense terrible, there's no reason to blame Bienemy.

Their strength is their defense.  Barring a complete collapse on that side the offense would more than likely be the main reason for the hypothetical three wins.  I can see them going 6-11 or so and  Rivera gets fired and Bienemy takes over.  Not 3-14 though.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Their strength is their defense.  Barring a complete collapse on that side the offense would more than likely be the main reason for the hypothetical three wins.  I can see them going 6-11 or so and  Rivera gets fired and Bienemy takes over.  Not 3-14 though.

I don't expect them to go 3-14.  I think anything but a winning record gets Rivera fired and I can absolutely see Bienemy taking over.  I guess we'll see.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:15 AM, Chicken Boo said:

It's no wonder Shady and him didn't get along. 

Bieniemy may or may not learn what Coughlin eventually did.  You can achieve the same results with a less abrasive approach.  It doesn't make you or your team soft.  These are professionals.  

They’re a group of players who belong to an organization in dire need of a culture shock.  Who do you think knows more about how a successful NFL team should handle its business, Eric Bienemy or the Washington Whatevers?

54 minutes ago, Billl said:

They’re a group of players who belong to an organization in dire need of a culture shock.  Who do you think knows more about how a successful NFL team should handle its business, Eric Bienemy or the Washington Whatevers?

Time will tell.  If the results don't come, Eric's act is going to wear thin quickly.

The last time he was a true play calling OC was at Colorado under John Embree. That team had huge problems with being organized and even setup for plays.  He was terrible as an OC for them, bit that was quite a few years ago, and he has had a great person to work under. 

We will see how this goes, but my money would be on little to no improvement. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.