Hines out for the year

17islongenough

We will be fine. He was on the bubble this year frankly. RB room is loaded, best shape in years. We have Harty and Shakir as returnees. Bad break, but not a big blow as far as I'm concerned 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Man that’s terrible news!!!

His two returns against the Pats is a family legend. The 1st return was obviously for Damar, but that second one, at least for us, was for my sister who passed the day before (42 y/o) and was a HUGE Bills backer. 

Surprisingly emotional typing that. Damn smoke must’ve gotten into my eyes. 

I’m hoping for a speedy recovery brother!!

Edited by DaggersEOD
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Sad 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, JMM said:

We will be fine. He was on the bubble this year frankly. RB room is loaded, best shape in years. We have Harty and Shakir as returnees. Bad break, but not a big blow as far as I'm concerned 

It’s a loss, the guy was good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Somebody go bubble wrap Allen and Diggs until September. I live in Illinois so I probably can't get there in time but I'll venmo you for the bubble wrap.

I still like the offense. Hines could have actually been a surprise cut especially with new kick rules this season. We'll be fine if that's the biggest injury we have

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

hmmm..... Making room for Barkley

Barkley will sign his offer sheet probably right before the season starts. But I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign a long-term deal with Giants and moves on to another team.

28 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Unfortunately Tom Pelissero is well-plugged-in and a typically reliable source.

Here is where the seamy side of NFL contracts can be at play.  An injury off-site - even if it's sustained while training for the upcoming season on the player's own time and dime - can be termed a "non football injury" and his salary and signing bonus would not be due.

I shared the hope several expressed that we wanted Deonte Harty to concentrate on being a WR and not a return man.  We'll see where that goes.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Dalvin time

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Terrible for Hines, speedy recovery to him

Does this mean we now get the other Cook? 

10 minutes ago, Frez said:

Bring in Cook! 

No. Hines was slotted as a KR/likely backup RB to James Cook. The Bills may be in the RB market for a guy that can slot in there but logically Delvin:

-Adds nothing to the return game

-Is facing a legal battle over potential domestic violence

-History of shoulder injuries

-Reportedly has an offer on the table from the Vikings for around $7M which Buffalo would have to beat

I see Beane looking for a guy that can add to ST because that was likely the role Hines was going to fill. Would not shock me if this is the opening that brings back Taiwan Jones.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.