James Cook is slow...

Dopey

I loved the pick when it happened and am really excited to see him take over the RB spot. He won't be a workhorse but will provide what we need from our rb. Great vision, patience, cut back ability, YAC ability, elusiveness, great hands and plenty of speed. I can't believe people here viewed him as a slow last year. Hesitant at the beginning of the year, sure. But his speed was never in doubt. Hopefully the YouTube link below works.

Edited by Dopey
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Hopefully the YouTube link below works.

James Cook's Top Plays Of The 2022 NFL Season | Buffalo Bills - YouTube

He was so fast, we didn't see him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So fun to watch this offense early in the season when Allen was taking the short stuff underneath when it was there.  He was literally unstoppable early in the season when teams were just trying to cover everything deep and Allen had those quick hitters underneath whenever he wanted them.  Allen was on a 6000 yard total pace until the injury and the offense just seemed to fall off a cliff in the 2nd half of that Packers game. 

I know he said the injury prevented him from making certain shorter throws, but it is really noticeable when you go back and watch the games early when he basically did anything and everything he wanted to do.  Hoping he gets back to that this season.  Don't get me wrong, I still want Allen to sling the rock down the field most of the time, but taking the easy stuff and forcing teams to respect it and come up a bit opens up the deeper stuff and just make it easier on himself to hit the intermediate and deep stuff more often.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Finish the job!

Help him out, give him a hand,

• Haha (+1) 1

At the start of last year he definitely looked slow on the field which is what people were saying. Everyone knew he had speed, he showed it in college and he ran a 4.42 at the Combine... but he looked slow because of his indecision. 

I am optimistic he is going to take a big step this year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am optimistic he is going to take a big step this year. 

I am too.

I also think there will be overall run game improvements going into year two for Kromer.  I think the transition last year was overlooked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I am too.

I also think there will be overall run game improvements going into year two for Kromer.  I think the transition last year was overlooked.

And I read someone that is familiar with Kromer that he typically sees better results from players in his system  in their second year playing it.  Guess it takes a bit to learn it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Can we do a follow up post titled "Mike Tolbert is fast..."?

Or "Marcell Dareus is thin...."?

"Travis Henry always wears a condom"?

Edited by Special K
  • Haha (+1) 4

Watching that highlight video reminded me of my favorite Cook play from last year. The second regular season Miami game, that TD pass right before the half. Went thru a bunch of emotions on that play. It was like, "Okay, if it isn't there just throw it away and take three... *Josh begins to scramble* c'mon man you're almost outta time, get rid of it! *clock expires* Crap, clock ran out, now they can't even get three. *Josh zips it to Cook for the TD* Well hey look at that!"

They were wizards at scoring just before the half last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I love the idea of Cook and Kincaid both being on the field. It’s a very dangerous combination potentially.

There was a lot of talk about another WR, and that wouldn’t hurt my feelings, but I like the variety of our weapons. I just hope we are smart enough to know where the mismatches are week to week and find ways to exploit them. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.