Report: Bills allegedly privately open to trading Diggs "under the right circumstances"

Big Turk

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im sorry, but I don’t view Diggs as the make or break for a Super Bowl run. 

If that’s the case, then Allen isn’t elite.  

We can’t trade him for nothing, but if somehow circumvented the cap nightmare of trading Diggs and got back someone like Sutton or Jeudy, plus picks, I’m still expecting this offense to be elite.   ….I’m expecting that because Allen is elite, and there would be enough talent (provided the OL is better) to accomplish that. 

Your last line is my biggest concern, IF the line is better, then you have the extra split second to work with.   We don’t know that it’s better, we can hope a rookie and a mid-level guard make it all better, but it’s no guarantee of anything.  I don’t want to see a massive downgrade at a known point to hope for an upgrade with a couple of unknowns and we still have no clue how RT is going to play out.   Diggs may be a Diva, but he’s a top 5 WR, they don’t grow on trees.  I do think Allen will elevate whoever they put out there, but the whole team’s success can’t be pinned solely on Allen, again.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Publicly they continue to say he isn't for trade, but apparently privately they would be open to it under the right circumstances...allegedly. 

If this report is true, what do you think the "right circumstances" would be?

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-privately-open-traiding-stefon-diggs/amp/

It’s fiction Turk.  They are on the dead cap hit of an insurmountable amount of $.  Like $40 mil.  This is fear mongering.  

cmon buddy, you’re better than this silliness.  Why would we ever move one of the top 3 we in the league and for an insane cap hit.

Two words.  It’s JUNE.  Dead news time.  Moving on.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If this is about target; there really aren’t any/many more to go around. I don’t know how you go about fixing this in that scenario. 

He was 4/10 35 yards vs Cincinnati in the playoffs. All this over targets/no targets on the 10 play drive down by 14? 

Come on. 

I hope it works out, but otherwise at some point you have to just say deuces. 

Edited by Mango
Add on

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Publicly they continue to say he isn't for trade, but apparently privately they would be open to it under the right circumstances...allegedly. 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-privately-open-traiding-stefon-diggs/amp/

Why would you post such stupid *****?

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s fiction Turk.  They are on the dead cap hit of an insurmountable amount of $.  Like $40 mil.  This is fear mongering.  

cmon buddy, you’re better than this silliness.  Why would we ever move one of the top 3 we in the league and for an insane cap hit.

Two words.  It’s JUNE.  Dead news time.  Moving on.

It’s not $40M. It’s $13M with a trade today, and that saves us about $1.5M. 

We would have to eat $31M next year in Dead cap. But that’s only $3M more than keeping him on the roster.

It’s inconvenient, but possible. 

Diggs and Morse for Mike Evans and a 1. Trading Morse now frees up more space next year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-16872/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s not $40M. It’s $13M with a trade today, and that saves us about $1.5M. 

We would have to eat $31M next year in Dead cap. But that’s only $3M more than keeping him on the roster.

It’s inconvenient, but possible. 

Diggs and Morse for Mike Evans and a 1. Trading Morse now frees up more space next year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-16872/

I could actually be ok w that trade.

• Like (+1) 1

The main thing that worries me about Diggs is that when things go wrong, or are challenging, his juvenile attitude will resurface. It’s too much of a headache to constantly appease the guy.

The Bills knew what they were getting into when they made this trade. Perhaps they should’ve waited a bit on that substantial pay raise to a malcontent 30 year old receiver.

“If those lies help you sleep better at night big dawg…” Was that about Allen? Or some other totally unrelated situation that just happens to fit at the present time? Be competitive, fine, but don’t be a distraction. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do people not understand what the cap hit would be if we traded Stefon Diggs?

We are talking about literally $40 million on next year’s cap. That is what we would pay whether he was on our team or not.  It is literally money we have already paid him.

Come on, let’s do some research, brothers and sisters

How have you factored in the player(s) to be acquired in your calculation? 

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im sorry, but I don’t view Diggs as the make or break for a Super Bowl run. 

If that’s the case, then Allen isn’t elite.  

We can’t trade him for nothing, but if somehow circumvented the cap nightmare of trading Diggs and got back someone like Sutton or Jeudy, plus picks, I’m still expecting this offense to be elite.   ….I’m expecting that because Allen is elite, and there would be enough talent (provided the OL is better) to accomplish that. 

This has been my take. A lot of people on here keep dogging on Davis as not being a “legitimate” #2. I argue that he’s fine. Coupled with Diggs that’s a great tandem. If Allen is who we think he is then that’s a dynamic duo. If they continue to fail and fans keep clamoring for more and more weapons then Allen isn’t as elite as most think he is.

Having said all that taking Diggs away would crippling for the offense. He’s a true #1. 

Good lord. The Bills are completely committed to Diggs salary-wise, and trading him would put tons of dead cap on the Bills for two years. This is pure speculation and total bullcrapola. 

• Like (+1) 1

Stefon Diggs, what a GREAT leader!

Probably my favorite player - mentally tough (Exactly what a majority of the Bills are missing), + completely devoted to the team, the game and our fans.  I can honestly say, I would go to war with this guy (I served 26 years in the US Army, served in a variety of leadership roles and supporting deployments - that doesn't make me right on this subject, but I think it says something good about Stefon).

I just love his leadership, which probably doesn't come across as refined sometimes - but I suspect he doesn't have any formal leadership training.  However, I can clearly see he has all the intangibles of a great leader!  Mental toughness, endurance, totally dedicated, loyal, says and does what's right - even when others challenged by others.

I am going to miss him - I strongly suspect these trade rumors are spot on / accurate and are feelers put out by insiders at One Bills Drive to protect the management (GM, et al) in case things dont work out.

Right circumstances - probably something which mostly mitigates any financial / salary cap catastrophe + gets some receiving help in return.  I just read the Denver Broncos are interested here.  So (only my thoughts, speculation here) .... Jerry Jeudy? Plus some salary cap compensation ?  .....TBD. 

I hate the thought of him leaving but I sense its going to happen - hope I'm wrong.  

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The only reason I give these rumors any credence is because I do suspect this may be a Josh Allen / Stefon Diggs issue.

And if that’s, for whatever reason, irreparable.. Diggs won’t be long for the squad. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Stefon Diggs, what a GREAT leader!

Probably my favorite player - mentally tough (Exactly what a majority of the Bills are missing), + completely devoted to the team, the game and our fans.  I can honestly say, I would go to war with this guy (I served 26 years in the US Army, served in a variety of leadership roles and supporting deployments - that doesn't make me right on this subject, but I think it says something good about Stefon).

I just love his leadership, which probably doesn't come across as refined sometimes - but I suspect he doesn't have any formal leadership training.  However, I can clearly see he has all the intangibles of a great leader!  Mental toughness, endurance, totally dedicated, loyal, says and does what's right - even when others challenged by others.

I am going to miss him - I strongly suspect these trade rumors are spot on / accurate and are feelers put out by insiders at One Bills Drive to protect the management (GM, et al) in case things dont work out.

Right circumstances - probably something which mostly mitigates any financial / salary cap catastrophe + gets some receiving help in return.  I just read the Denver Broncos are interested here.  So (only my thoughts, speculation here) .... Jerry Jeudy? Plus some salary cap compensation ?  .....TBD. 

I hate the thought of him leaving but I sense its going to happen - hope I'm wrong.  

Couldn't disagree more with your comments.

First, this rumor is not close to being true.

Secondly, I wouldn't consider him much of a leader at all.  Quite the opposite actually.

He's selfish and puts his own interests ahead of the team when he feels like it, with no concern about the disruption caused to the team.

That's not a leader.

Great WR though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Secondly, I wouldn't consider him much of a leader at all.  Quite the opposite actually.

He's selfish and puts his own interests ahead of the team when he feels like it, with no concern about the disruption caused to the team.

That's not a leader.

Great WR though.

The players voted him a captain … because they obviously thought he had good qualities 

tons of talented players ARENT captains 

devils advocate 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The players voted him a captain … because they obviously thought he had good qualities 

tons of talented players ARENT captains 

devils advocate 

It's definitely an interesting development.  It's pretty common knowledge that the team didn't put forth it's best efforts in multiple facets of the game.  He's competitive and wants to win, not just regular season like some, but playoffs, and he too like Allen and most others wants a Championship.  

Since we don't have all the info it's difficult to really make a determination as to the reality of it all.  Is he pissed at coaching miscues and other SNAFUs?  Does he really want the ball more?  That's a little difficult to imagine other than that he had double-digit targets 6 times in his first 9 games but only thrice in his last nine games.  First 9 he averaged 11 targets/game, last 9 he averaged just over 8/game, but 9 & 10 in the two playoff games, included in that last 9.  

until we know it's difficult to pin it down.  Always nice to have all the info first.  I'm not holding my breath that we'll ever get it.  LOL 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:
58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's not a leader.

Great WR though.

A few things, (In response to your quotes): 

- "First, this rumor is not close to being true."  I stated, "I strongly suspect..."  What inside information do you have to validate / invalidate what's being reported?  Do you work for the team?  Are you an agent?  Family member / close friend of Stefon Diggs?  Not even close to being true" - that's one hell of a definitive statement for someone to make.  What makes your assessment more accurate than mine?

- "Secondly, I wouldn't consider him much of a leader at all.  Quite the opposite actually."  Again, what''s your assessment based on?  I stated what my assessment is based on (My work experience in a demanding field for 26 years).  What is yours based on ?  How do you know ?

- "He's selfish and puts his own interests ahead of the team when he feels like it, with no concern about the disruption caused to the team."  Hmmm,              Prior to each game, he engages with the fan base.

He's served as a "Captain" on the team each year he's been in Buffalo (Voted on by his teammates no less)

He makes a lot of charitable contributions (Nationally and locally to the residents of Buffalo).

He's absolutely consistent in his performance on the field.

He always encourages his teammates to do better, to be better.

And to you, "That's not a leader."  Interesting.  I would like to know what your leadership credentials and experience are - to validate your assessments.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A “new report”. What report?  From who?  There was no report- it’s just a statement 

this smells like ****

Google it, the number of media 'reports' are increasing.  That doesn't make it accurate, but there are "reports."

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A “new report”. What report?  From who?  There was no report- it’s just a statement 

this smells like ****

I heard a report that the Bills are privately open to trading Josh Allen. 

I can't wait to be quoted by the media in two days. 😂

12 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Google it, the number of media 'reports' are increasing.  That doesn't make it accurate, but there are "reports."

As seen with the stupid "Diggs isn't happy that we didn't get Hopkins report", one part of the media says it and then the rest of the sports media latch on citing the single report with no basis.

It doesn't have to be true. It is content that gets them clicks in one of the most content sparse times of the football year.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I heard a report that the Bills are privately open to trading Josh Allen. 

I can't wait to be quoted by the media in two days. 😂

As seen with the stupid "Diggs isn't happy that we didn't get Hopkins report", one part of the media says it and then the rest of the sports media latch on citing the single report with no basis.

It doesn't have to be true. It is content that gets them clicks in one of the most content sparse times of the football year.

You asked, 'What report?"  I answered. 

What's truthful and accurate - that's an entirely different question.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Did you seriously use heavy.com as a source? 

31 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

media reports quoting the first report that just made it all up for clicks. 

“privately and secretly”. 🤣 

how about No….. Scott

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I would imagine that would factor into the right circumstances part...

it would make the circumstances impossible. 

unless the right circumstance starts with “the year is 2025…”