Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

4 hours ago, Process said:

Having a few 2/3 WRs....and one of the best TEs of all time, one of the best offensive head coaches of all time, and one of the best o lines in the NFL. 

You “forgot” to mention the best QB in the NFL. That tends to help too.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing I found interesting was Allen saying he went to Diggs charity basketball game in Maryland this year. But there’s zero pictures of Allen there. Someone like Allen would’ve stuck out. I felt like Allen was lying about that when he said it. 

He's not lying about it. He was tagged in one of the photos on IG, sitting on a couch with one of Diggs brothers.

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

hard to judge without actually being in his shoes and how the communcation, trust and relationships are 

What about my statement is not true?

We heard of some issues Diggs had in Minnesota. A lot of us, to include myself, didn’t give a whole lot of credence to perceived issues.

Four years later, one player doesn’t show to a mandatory session. This after the last time we saw him he was flapping his arms on the sidelines like he was going to take flight while yelling at Allen.

Diggs is a great talent. He also appears to be emotionally fragile and doesn’t handle adversity all that well. The social media stuff is down right stupid and further shows the “me” in him. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

1) Playoff “hey bro….tell these guys to …”

2) Restructuring Diggs and Allan
Sr Mgt “Hey guys don’t worry we will fix O and some coach”

3) Josh isn’t sticking up for Diggs opinion the way Diggs feels. Josh may somewhat agree, like a family argument.

4) today Diggs meets mgt. on O/coach. “You guys promised” He knows Josh could standup more for his opinion and it would be fixed but JA doesn’t go 100% on it

Edited by Since1981
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

What about my statement is not true?

We heard of some issues Diggs had in Minnesota. A lot of us, to include myself, didn’t give a whole lot of credence to perceived issues.

Four years later, one player doesn’t show to a mandatory session. This after the last time we saw him he was flapping his arms on the sidelines like he was going to take flight while yelling at Allen.

Diggs is a great talent. He also appears to be emotionally fragile and doesn’t handle adversity all that well. The social media stuff is down right stupid and further shows the “me” in him. 

I believe this is accurate. Some fans may not want to hear it. I also believe it's Diggs being who he is and will be there in camp and play.

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs posted two different messages on his Instagram story. The first said this: “I just be letting people cap. If them lies help you sleep better tell em big dawg.” The second said this: “My phone been silent for like 6 years. Ion play all them sounds and *****.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/13/stefon-diggs-breaks-silence-on-instagram/

First of all - Is English his second language?  

"If them lies help you sleep better tell em big dawg" - Who is "big dawg"? McDermott or Josh Allen?

Stefon Diggs has an attitude that effect the locker room this year and most likely wants changes to his contract that will let him move on at the end of the season if not earlier.

In my opinion!

Grow up Stephon. You just got handed a boatload of money and you're acting like a child. I'm sick of your whining already. Don't bother posting about how much you love and respect Bills Mafia either. We don't want to hear it. We want you to be a man and do your job.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Captain_Quint said:

Wonder if he shows up today...

That’s the question.

If Diggs is smart, he practices today, keeps quiet.  And this will go away

The worst thing is if he doesn’t show, and makes this a much bigger deal, and alienates Diggs from teammates

• Like (+1) 1

It’s Wednesday, is Diggs in town…, 

I tell ya, situations like this bring out the worst in people…including posters on this forum.

I’m not a rumor monger but my gut instinct is that this is a Josh/Diggs personal issue, with a smidge of playoff frustration added in.  It’s not contractual, and it’s not about Dorsey.  I have heard from two separate sources on different ends of the country that there was a domestic call at Josh’s place the night before the Cinci game that has to do with Josh knocking up a bartender who may or may not have been Stef’s ex.  The domestic call was because Josh’s gf found out about it and confronted him.  The Diggs blow up at the end of the game was, in effect, “was it worth it?”

It will get worked out, even if it means Josh and Stef won’t be on the cover of SI Kids again.

Bros before Hos.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I tell ya, situations like this bring out the worst in people…including posters on this forum.

I’m not a rumor monger but my gut instinct is that this is a Josh/Diggs personal issue, with a smidge of playoff frustration added in.  It’s not contractual, and it’s not about Dorsey.  I have heard from two separate sources on different ends of the country that there was a domestic call at Josh’s place the night before the Cinci game that has to do with Josh knocking up a bartender who may or may not have been Stef’s ex.  The domestic call was because Josh’s gf found out about it and confronted him.  The Diggs blow up at the end of the game was, in effect, “was it worth it?”

It will get worked out, even if it means Josh and Stef won’t be on the cover of SI Kids again.

Bros before Hos.

That's a lot to drop on us this early

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus Christ man. Can you be any more alarmist? It’s not “over.” There’s no feasible fiscal way it could possibly be “over.” You are contributing nothing to this. There’s a lot of egos and individual wants in play but they are adults and professionals. They will figure it out. JUNE 13.

Except he’s NOT BEING PROFESSIONAL.  

The fan with Bills goggles I’m talking about.  

Does Diggs have any kind of track record when it comes to these things I should be aware of?

Should it not be alarming he’s decided to take his “frustration” into mid June, 5 months after the season ended to address this - and address it the way he is.  

Yep.  Feel totally great about all this no worries.  

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, cd1 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/13/stefon-diggs-breaks-silence-on-instagram/

First of all - Is English his second language?  

"If them lies help you sleep better tell em big dawg" - Who is "big dawg"? McDermott or Josh Allen?

Stefon Diggs has an attitude that effect the locker room this year and most likely wants changes to his contract that will let him move on at the end of the season if not earlier.

In my opinion!

Only one guy qualifies as Big Dawg and it isn't McDermott.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like Allen was telling the truth when he said he and Diggs talked all offseason. Also Josina Anderson had a weird reaction to Allen saying Diggs is his brother. At least I thought it was weird. She’s pretty close with players.

Maybe the heart of this issue really is something that Josh F’d up. And McD throwing him out there to the wolves was his way of saying “fix your mess big boy”. Who knows, the whole thing is weird at this point. If this type of stuff continues all season, you have to think we’ll see some big changes at the end of the year. 

I really can’t stand Diggs attitude.  he’s always about himself.  From standing on the field after the kc loss, to blowing up on the sideline multiple times and needing hugs from coach.  Plus his social media is a cryptic emotional mess like my teenage nieces.  I’m petty, let him sit and fine him for all the money.  

granted now that Josh has shown his character by knocking up some bartender and hanging out with celebs, maybe this is the end of the run.  It’s been fun.  

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Bros before Hos.

This is the first theory I’ve heard that actually makes me understand why Diggs would be so on tilt. 

A personal betrayal from one of his closest friends that also bled over to his professional goals of winning a Championship.  

No idea if there’s truth to it .. but in reading what you wrote, it’s the first time someone has posted something where I wasn’t just like “oh, well Diggs should just get over that”. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I really can’t stand Diggs attitude.  he’s always about himself.  From standing on the field after the kc loss, to blowing up on the sideline multiple times and needing hugs from coach.  Plus his social media is a cryptic emotional mess like my teenage nieces.  I’m petty, let him sit and fine him for all the money.  

granted now that Josh has shown his character by knocking up some bartender and hanging out with celebs, maybe this is the end of the run.  It’s been fun.  

Lmao.. you're funny man. 

This whole bartender thing has never been confirmed, except ppl with these "sources" and who cares if true. And dudes what 26 27 , why wouldn't he be hanging with hot broads. He works his butt off at his craft and is beloved in the locker room. 

Take a chill pill yall

Diggs posted two different messages on his Instagram story. The first said this: “I just be letting people cap. If them lies help you sleep better tell em big dawg.” The second said this: “My phone been silent for like 6 years. Ion play all them sounds and *****.”

Can someone help? I don't speak jive

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is the first theory I’ve heard that actually makes me understand why Diggs would be so on tilt. 

A personal betrayal from one of his closest friends that also bled over to his professional goals of winning a Championship.  

No idea if there’s truth to it .. but in reading what you wrote, it’s the first time someone has posted something where I wasn’t just like “oh, well Diggs should just get over that”. 

Right. “Non football related” and “internal things” makes sense here.

I really hope drunk Josh didn’tdo anything crazy like that cause I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel if that’s the case. He shoulda just seen if Brit and Stef wanted to hook up for a night to get even 🤷🏾‍♂️ not sure how else you make up for something like that.

Edited by StHustle
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Cap = Lie. 

Diggs is letting people lie without going out and correcting them. If the lying helps the big dog sleep, the big dog can keep telling lies. 

The second is cryptic. He always posts like that. I think, (THINK) he’s saying he has kept his mouth shut on some things, and is going to start talking. Ion play all them sounds, I think means he’s going to turn his phone on and start dialing/texting/talking?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

i can help... first one,  is stating he ain't coming back without a domed stadium ( cap meaning dome,  people meaning construction workers) but Terry Pegula  (big dawg) been lying to him, there is no dome. Second one, he broke his phone 6 years ago so he purchased a guitar to play sounds and rock, thats what he was doing yesterday instead of football.  

Edited by billybob71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

It’s always funny to me when people feel they are so intelligent that they can’t understand English if there’s any slang involved or not written perfectly. That actually shows you’re less intelligent. I can see if you’re out of touch and don’t know what “cap” is slang for yet but Google knows and a smart person would simply look up the one word. The rest is not tough to understand. Don’t try to appear so intelligent that you appear not so much.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

It’s always funny to me when people feel they are so intelligent that they can’t understand English if there’s any slang involved or not written perfectly. That actually shows you’re less intelligent. I can see if you’re out of touch and don’t know what “cap” is slang for yet but Google knows and a smart person would simply look up the one word. The rest is not tough to understand. Don’t try to appear so intelligent that you appear not so much.

wow, I'm not intelligent yet you don't understand sarcasm or humor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Cap = Lie. 

Diggs is letting people lie without going out and correcting them. If the lying helps the big dog sleep, the big dog can keep telling lies. 

The second is cryptic. He always posts like that. I think, (THINK) he’s saying he has kept his mouth shut on some things, and is going to start talking. Ion play all them sounds, I think means he’s going to turn his phone on and start dialing/texting/talking?

Thanks but it was sarcasm and humor. Guess I should have led with that

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

i feel less intelligent after reading those tweets, does that count?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So now it sounds like Diggs is either accusing the Head Coach or Quarterback of lying.  Just great.

I was slowly gaining my enthusiasm and optimism back for this upcoming season, and this mess is quickly reminding me of how my spirits were crushed just six months ago.  I swear this team is cursed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

So now it sounds like Diggs is either accusing the Head Coach or Quarterback of lying.  Just great.

I was slowly gaining my enthusiasm and optimism back for this upcoming season, and this mess is quickly reminding me of how my spirits were crushed just six months ago.  I swear this team is cursed.

i feel you, hopefully they will get over whatever bs this is soon. i know if someone was paying me millions upon millions to play a game i love, it would be pretty easy to get over  drama quickly. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Bros before Hos.

calls are public record boss - you’d have the documentation and not just sketchy comments 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm also concerned that this will continue to simmer all through the season and continue to be a distraction.

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The whole “help you sleep at night thing” Diggs posted and going back to Brit posting “My Husband Would Never” is starting to really make me think Josh did some scumbag stuff. If that is indeed what caused Josh to lead the Bills to only 10 points vs the Bengals, what a huge double whammy. I really hope that if this is true it doesn’t become public as long as Josh is a Bill. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

I have heard from two separate sources on different ends of the country that there was a domestic call at Josh’s place the night before the Cinci game that has to do with Josh knocking up a bartender who may or may not have been Stef’s ex.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.