Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It isn’t public knowledge. No one knows what happened with Hall. Big mystery. Coach was here since 2017 and just left. There’s a back story there.

Made a lateral move to Coach under Doug Pederson rather then stay here sounds like a guy that wanted to learn more under Pederson and yea Florida to I guess.   

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

If that's something that has led to this I'd be surprised.  To start, it sounds like simple legal troubles, and secondly, it occurred over a week ago, not like it occurred last night.  

The alleged robbery incident with Darez Diggs occurred a week ago. 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/stefon-diggs-brother-darez-allegedly-involved-in-elevator-attack-robbery-video/ar-AA1ca9z1

There could be all sorts of stuff going on now, from breaking information that Darez Diggs is about to be arrested and needs to have legal defense arranged (though that should be able to be handled remotely), to the question, why is the brother of two famous and wealthy NFL athletes involved in something like this?

Too often (saying this with no inside knowledge), addictions are involved, because addictions drive people into a tunnel where all they can see is their need for a fix and they will do whatever is in front of them to get it.  And if that's the case, it becomes the part of family members to try to arrange an intervention and try to persuade their family member to accept and stay with treatment and that has to be done in person.

Or it could be a combination - maybe he was about to be arrested and his family is trying to persuade the legal system that diversion into a treatment program is more appropriate than jail time.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So a long time coach under McDermott decided to leave. You don’t think that’s a story? Probably the most popular coach on the staff with the players.

I’d have to look but I thought I read he was from that area.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So a long time coach under McDermott decided to leave. You don’t think that’s a story? Probably the most popular coach on the staff with the players.

Eric Bieniemy left as OC of the Chiefs.. for the same position with another team. Clearly, a story there! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Personal toward the team, yea.

What is essentially happening at this point is the Bills and Diggs are working out some things.

Now they are doing damage control to re-work the narrative and make it non-football related (even though it is).

It’s all PR.

The Bills PR and Diggs agents will work together to smooth this over in the media and make excuses and the homers will eat it up.

Those who know how these things work will see it for what it actually is.

I agree but the agent already called McDs comment about it being concerning a bit bizarre,  so there is clearly some sort of disconnect 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’d have to look but I thought I read he was from that area.  

I can understand him leaving. He has a relationship with Pederson also. But the fact there’s no information on him leaving was odd to me. Hall was a very popular coach here.

Again, maybe this is also Dorsey related. Maybe Hall felt he should’ve been OC. Now I’m sounding like all the Dorsey haters here.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.