Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

12 hours ago, julian said:

Wasn’t it widely reported the Elbow injury limited his short and mid range accuracy ? He was limited with arm angle variation.

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly.

I don't believe it was widely reported.   Certainly nothing came from the Bills.   You wouldn't expect anything during the season but these kind of things always leak out after the season.  I don't think any reporter ever claimed that someone from the Bills told them that.  I also think Diggs would have been more understanding if the game plan or game execution was severely limited due to Allen's injury.

As far as I could tell, it was just a sports chiropractor on the internet without any direct knowledge of the situation who said the injury would make it more difficult for Allen to throw short passes.  Some people on the board then convinced themselves that this must have been the reason Allen was going deep so much.

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m not sure Diggs was unhappy with the playcalling, so much as Allen not telling Dorsey to change up some things based on what they’re seeing on the field. That would put the emphasis more on “communication” but look like a straight X’s and O’s issue. Who knows 🤷‍♂️. All we really know is winning cures all, but those wins need to be playoff victories this year.

Certainly also a reasonable possibility but wouldn't this still be a football related issue?  Allen said the issue was not football related.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/20/2023 at 7:29 PM, HappyDays said:

Rapaport is echoing the more credible reports that Diggs was unhappy with his target share in the offense last year. Not with us failing to land Hopkins like that fake sources loser in NYC made up.

Maybe we are making this more complicated than it really is, very likely could be the other WRs can't catch consistent enough. Feed me the ball even more and let me carry us. Pissed that josh is not just finding ways to feed him even more.

I'm also certain that he has to be "pissed" about Moving towards more structured routes instead of free lancing. Better for the team and worse for him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't believe it was widely reported.   Certainly nothing came from the Bills.   You wouldn't expect anything during the season but these kind of things always leak out after the season.  I don't think any reporter ever claimed that someone from the Bills told them that.  I also think Diggs would have been more understanding if the game plan or game execution was severely limited due to Allen's injury.

As far as I could tell, it was just a sports chiropractor on the internet without any direct knowledge of the situation who said the injury would make it more difficult for Allen to throw short passes.  Some people on the board then convinced themselves that this must have been the reason Allen was going deep so much.

Certainly also a reasonable possibility but wouldn't this still be a football related issue?  Allen said the issue was not football related.

Ahhh ok, makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Daaaam!! He really does hate Josh Allen!!

Twitter won't let me view for some reason, what does it say?

On 6/22/2023 at 10:12 AM, Billy Claude said:

So, in one of his Kyle Brandt Basement segments, Allen himself said that the UCL injury forced him to return to an overhand throwing motion and away from the rotational throwing motion he had developed. 

The overhand throwing motion is the motion Josh had in college and in his first 2 years in the league.  During that time, Josh Allen was noticably less accurate on short passes.  People such as myself observed this and commented multiple times "gotta hit the bunnies, Josh!" during this time.

So there's a bit of addition going on here by "some people on the board", like me, but it's not based on "just a sports chiropracter" or "convicing ourselves", it's based upon something Josh Allen himself said in a publicly available interview, added to observations about what Josh's accuracy was like on short and short/intermediate passes when he was using the throwing motion he said he was forced to revert to.

Edited by Beck Water

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Twitter won't let me view for some reason, what does it say?

So, in one of his Kyle Brandt Basement segments, Allen himself said that the UCL injury forced him to return to an overhand throwing motion and away from the rotational throwing motion he had developed. 

The overhand throwing motion is the motion Josh had in college and in his first 2 years in the league.  During that time, Josh Allen was noticably less accurate on short passes.  People such as myself observed this and commented multiple times "gotta hit the bunnies, Josh!" during this time.

So there's a bit of addition going on here by "some people on the board", like me, but it's not based on "just a sports chiropracter" or "convicing ourselves", it's based upon something Josh Allen himself said in a publicly available interview, added to observations about what Josh's accuracy was like on short and short/intermediate passes when he was using the throwing motion he said he was forced to revert to.

Not sure- but I would assume he hates him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.