Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

You somehow know everything. You are also sure he's getting caught again too 

I don’t know everything.  Nobody does.  For instance you should look up the meaning of the word “if” which I used in my last post.

Zombie thread on steroids, it’s unstoppable 🤣

11 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

The Patriots hasn't offer him what he is looking for either. No teams has. It's already been reported of the two teams, especially the Patriots they are not in a rush for him to make a decision.

Barring any major Injury to another teams wide out group. It's between Tenn n NE.

If no team has offered what he is looking for, then why is it only between the Titans and Patriots. Those are the 2 teams with by far the worst QB situations

Edited by Buffalo03

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If no team has offered what he is looking for, then why is it only between the Titans and Patriots. Those are the 2 teams with by far the worst QB situations

Does Hopkins care about the QB or the money more at this stage in his career.   I think its money

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Does Hopkins care about the QB or the money more at this stage in his career.   I think its money

The point is, I don't think he is getting offered what he wants by those teams either. And of that's the case, it shouldn't be between them 2 teams at all

42 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Cause he wants to play overall..he can sign a 1 year deal,  ball out and get what he wants next year.

This has been the same for years. A player says what he wants, he doesn't get it, then he goes to the next step, take what's out there in hope of trying again in free agency next year.

Again..no other team is offering him anything. If someone goes down. Then he is in business.

Right now only the pats, titans n chiefs have kept in talks w him. The chiefs do not have the money that's why they haven't offer him anythin, but they are still in talks w him.

Ik for sure BB already said he would sign Dhop, but only 9n his(BB) terms and also there is a understanding there is no rush for him to sign w anyone, but he left on good terms w everyone he has visited.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Recently released?  What?  Guy only wants bank, doesn't want training camp, and doesn't care about learning a playbook in advance.  Buh bye!

Edited by Irv

23 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Couple of thoughts

- I am willing to give players leeway in the off season to recuperate body and mind so his golfing and dating doesn't particularly concern me. But yes, there are a LOT of hours in a day and he can do the above while still honing his skills and practicing with his key receivers. I don't have information one way or another if he is doing it this off-season

- undoubtedly adding more talent wont hurt. In the case of Hopkins, despite the concerns, he is a piece at a position of need where we should take a risk. The downside is not awful and at worst we are status quo. In the drought years, I wouldn't have advocated this move but we need to add any piece which provides that little advantage over the Chiefs and Bengals of the world

Whether fans or media give him the leeway to put football on the back burner all offseason or not.......once a franchise QB gets that bag they are going to do whatever they want and as an organization you need to adjust to THAT.   That was my point with the Roethlisberger reference.   The Steelers organization had to work around what Big Ben was willing to do and they won a second SB with Ben and reached a third because they didn't neglect his supporting cast.    I do think that our boy has lost that chip on his shoulder though.   I think that fell off in the 13 seconds game where he played so great in defeat.   He's gone from a football-centric guy striving to become a more efficient passer in the offseasons to a guy with a whole lotta' low level off-field noise.  Which is very early 2010's Aaron Rodgers-esque.    The Packers did not adjust and they didn't win another SB.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well said and the prevailing wisdom is Hop’s agent is driving up the $ expecting to get it up a bit with a. Contender so in essence using the Tiny Titans and Cheats as pawns.

The Browns could’ve been a thought, but they have some upcoming rising stars so their beat writers are reporting they are out.

Im guessing a 20% chance at best, but would happen in week 1 of training camp or right before.  

He is basically telling teams if you do not sign me I will sign with one of your competitors (Buffalo, New Jersey or Jacksonville) and while they may not make playoffs they might be able to steal a game with my help hurting your playoff standings.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Whether fans or media give him the leeway to put football on the back burner all offseason or not.......once a franchise QB gets that bag they are going to do whatever they want and as an organization you need to adjust to THAT.   That was my point with the Roethlisberger reference.   The Steelers organization had to work around what Big Ben was willing to do and they won a second SB with Ben and reached a third because they didn't neglect his supporting cast.    I do think that our boy has lost that chip on his shoulder though.   I think that fell off in the 13 seconds game where he played so great in defeat.   He's gone from a football-centric guy striving to become a more efficient passer in the offseasons to a guy with a whole lotta' low level off-field noise.  Which is very early 2010's Aaron Rodgers-esque.    The Packers did not adjust and they didn't win another SB.     

Your concerns are fair. I am certainly interested in how he performs this season with better blocking, a presumed higher importance to the run game and addition of Kincaid. The team also loaded up on volume of WR between FA and the draft. If we hit on even one of those, the skill talent will be one of the best Allen has had. I hope he hasn't lost that edge and the relentless drive to win. 

I think he wants the Bills or Chiefs but our offer is low. The Pats and Titans have the largest offers but he doesn’t want to go there. 

So he’s playing the media card to get the Bills or Chiefs to blink which they have not. He’s going to need to make a decision by the end of camp. 

D-Hop wants what OBJ got in 15 mill per. Doubt that will happen with Buffalo...as much as I'd like to see it. 

This thing with Diggs still kinda bugs me as he saw the most passes against the Bengals and didn't do all that much with them. Then went off on JA. The guy isn't smart enough to get that Allen is doing his best. 

Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp...find a way

• Eyeroll 2

one of you peeps who are adept in computers should make a pool as to where D Hopkins ends up signing

I hope wherever he ends up he is the Prize people hope we would be. This thread has some serious legs. 

a lot of Bills fans seem to want him badly. I'll root for him when he wears the laundry.

m

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

D-Hop wants what OBJ got in 15 mill per. Doubt that will happen with Buffalo...as much as I'd like to see it. 

This thing with Diggs still kinda bugs me as he saw the most passes against the Bengals and didn't do all that much with them. Then went off on JA. The guy isn't smart enough to get that Allen is doing his best. 

Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp...find a way

He’s worth as much as OBJ, or even more.  The problem is that OBJ is worth about 3.5M per.  Baltimore’s stupidity, so far, has not spread to other teams.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s worth as much as OBJ, or even more.  The problem is that OBJ is worth about 3.5M per.  Baltimore’s stupidity, so far, has not spread to other teams.

Easily more IMO, but not more than what Baltimore paid, which to your point was lunacy. I look at OBJ as having more injury concerns and generally more uncertainty than Hopkins. Hopkins probably even has the higher ceiling if it's measured in one year-two years. Not everybody has the same school of thought on Hopkins, but i see him as a legit number one over the next year or two and then a stronger decline. But if that is what it is, well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Your concerns are fair. I am certainly interested in how he performs this season with better blocking, a presumed higher importance to the run game and addition of Kincaid. The team also loaded up on volume of WR between FA and the draft. If we hit on even one of those, the skill talent will be one of the best Allen has had. I hope he hasn't lost that edge and the relentless drive to win. 

I mean, what they did in a literal sense, was switch out all of last season's proven failures for some veteran journeymen WR's and modest IOL talent in UFA who were coming off seasons that ranged from totally unproductive to modestly effective.  

They are just hoping that they hit the jackpot with a couple of those guys AT LEAST and that they play much better than they did with their teams in 2022.    Which, for reference,  is what Indianapolis is hoping for from Isaiah McKenzie too.   

Because the fact is, they didn't acquire a single player on offense who played up to the level last season that they need them to play at this year in Buffalo to make a difference.   There isn't a single one for whom a repeat performance would be a success if they need to play an important role for the Bills offense in 2023.     

They tried the same thing last year with Jamison Crowder and OJ Howard.  Those were even bigger names with more and better NFL seasons in their past.......for whom much was hoped for.......but they never even got off the runway.       

The moves that they made that are most likely to move the needle for the team are their 1st round TE and 2nd round OG.    And that's mainly because they don't have a proven track record of not being able to excel......or missing significant time due to injuries........that the free agents do.

I have my fingers crossed that the mixture of additions work out but I'm going to be realistic about what to expect......especially from the rag tag group they added in UFA.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean, what they did in a literal sense, was switch out all of last season's proven failures for some veteran journeymen WR's and modest IOL talent in UFA who were coming off seasons that ranged from totally unproductive to modestly effective.  

They are just hoping that they hit the jackpot with a couple of those guys AT LEAST and that they play much better than they did with their teams in 2022.    Which, for reference,  is what Indianapolis is hoping for from Isaiah McKenzie too.   

Because the fact is, they didn't acquire a single player on offense who played up to the level last season that they need them to play at this year in Buffalo to make a difference.   There isn't a single one for whom a repeat performance would be a success if they need to play an important role for the Bills offense in 2023.     

They tried the same thing last year with Jamison Crowder and OJ Howard.  Those were even bigger names with more and better NFL seasons in their past.......for whom much was hoped for.......but they never even got off the runway.       

The moves that they made that are most likely to move the needle for the team are their 1st round TE and 2nd round OG.    And that's mainly because they don't have a proven track record of not being able to excel......or missing significant time due to injuries........that the free agents do.

I have my fingers crossed that the mixture of additions work out but I'm going to be realistic about what to expect......especially from the rag tag group they added in UFA.

Hopefully, Dorsey has dumbed down the pass offense from what Daboll had, so these new guys can pick it up faster.

Recentky I rewatched last season’s opening game vs the Rams.  I had forgotten how great of a team performance that was.  I don’t think they reached that level again the rest of the season.  Crowder was doing well from the slot, Diggs hauling in a bunch, Davis with some big plays, Singletary gaining chunks of yards behind the left side of the line.

So, maybe Hopkins will avoid training camp and sign for the preseason games?

Edited by BobbyC81

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2023/7/10/23788871/report-titans-made-aggressive-contract-offer-to-wr-deandre-hopkins

This doesn't surprise me. They have a 2022 1st Round Pick in Treylon Burks, who didn't set the league on fire in his rookie year, and literally nothing else at WR or TE. They have Ryan Tannehill at QB, with Will Levis and Malik Wilis behind him and they have their fingers crossed that one of them will amount to something.

For him to have even taken that visit, it had to have been a quality offer. Then he posted an IG Story of the visit where he was picked up in a luxury vehicle that had a monitor in the car that was displaying "Welcome to Tennessee, DeAndre Hopkins!" with a custom image of Hopkins in a Titans helmet and uniform. I thought that looked a little cringy and desperate.

I'd bet their offer is head and shoulders above anyone else's. I'm sure he really doesn't want to play there. But the problem is that where he does want to play isn't even going to get close to the offers he's getting from TEN (and maybe NE). He's hoping someone like us or KC will get close, but I don't think it's going to happen.

My guess is unless there's an injury early in camp, he ends up waiting it out as long as that offers on the table and ends up signing with them because the differential in money is just too great. He'd take a discount for a contender, but that only goes so far.  

• Agree 2

On 7/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, 4merper4mer said:

You must have been in the alternative reality where he wasn’t caught and suspended and won’t face an increased suspension if it happens again.

Nobody is taking ostarine to pack on muscle, and anybody who is trying is going to be underwhelmed and only doing it because they're scared of needles. You could take the stuff for a year and you'd look no different.

What it does do is increase growth hormone and igf1. It's for recovery from injuries. The risk reward of using it again is probably the worst risk imaginable. All risk, zero reward on the "enhancing" side. Its not going to change your performance on the field. What it's good for is helping an injury like he had been fighting that year.... not that you care. He's recovered from the injury and healthy, like he's always been.

Would love to see you Pikachu surprise face if you could see how many players are taking GH 😂😂😂 it's probably 98%, and should be 100%. Let me guess, you don't take creatine so you can stay natty 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Nobody is taking ostarine to pack on muscle, and anybody who is trying is going to be underwhelmed and only doing it because they're scared of needles. You could take the stuff for a year and you'd look no different.

What it does do is increase growth hormone and igf1. It's for recovery from injuries. The risk reward of using it again is probably the worst risk imaginable. All risk, zero reward on the "enhancing" side. Its not going to change your performance on the field. What it's good for is helping an injury like he had been fighting that year.... not that you care. He's recovered from the injury and healthy, like he's always been.

Would love to see you Pikachu surprise face if you could see how many players are taking GH 😂😂😂 it's probably 98%, and should be 100%. Let me guess, you don't take creatine so you can stay natty 

I know nothing about the bodybuilder world, but these are the claims:

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2023/7/10/23788871/report-titans-made-aggressive-contract-offer-to-wr-deandre-hopkins

This doesn't surprise me. They have a 2022 1st Round Pick in Treylon Burks, who didn't set the league on fire in his rookie year, and literally nothing else at WR or TE. 

Burks showed flashes last year.  Sum bish cost me about $60k on Draft Kings vs the Packers on the final play of the TNF game. 

And Chigoziem Okonkwo is for real!  Yet again, the Titans are a QB away...

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Burks showed flashes last year.  Sum bish cost me about $60k on Draft Kings vs the Packers on the final play of the TNF game. 

And Chigoziem Okonkwo is for real!  Yet again, the Titans are a QB away...

I have no idea what any of that means but I’ll defend your right to say it. 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Baltimore completely warped the market overpaying for a WR who didn't play in 2022 due to a major injury. A more reasonable deal for OBJ would have been 3-5 million with incentives to get it to 7-8 million. Even an "overpay" to get him to a place like Baltimore where WR's don't like playing would still be 6-8 million guaranteed with 3-4 million in incentives. The Ravens poorly bid against themselves and it is causing D-Hop's representatives to think the money for him should be comparable. 

In reality D-Hop may have some nice offers in the 10-12 million range from NE and TEN but he likely has to come down from that number if he wants to play for a contending team. The Bills seemingly could maybe offer 8-9 million but does D-Hop want to come down from his salary demands to play with a contender? I also think he may be stringing along his signing until deep into camp which is a red flag for a team trying to sign him. 

REPORT: The Buffalo #Bills ‘love’ free agent All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and if NUK wants to win a Super Bowl they would love to have him, per ESPN #NFL insider @JeffDarlington

“My understanding with the #Bills is like, yeah, they love DeAndre Hopkins, he’d be a ... great addition, but they’re not gonna pay him,” Darlington said Monday on the @RichEisenShow, via  @SInow

Just imagine, D-Hop with @stefondiggs & @JoshAllenQB
 🤯🤯🤯

Only way I'd sigh him is a performance / availability based contract since he has been getting dinged up recently.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Seems to be what we are already speculating, the Bills want D-Hop but aren't willing to break the bank or simply can't break the bank given the cap. 

Some people imagine there is no cap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.