Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

I don't think too often it's going to go over well when a team says publicly that they want a player to play for them but don't want to pay him. That is the reality of the situation though so definitely not surprising 

It’s also someone on the outside reporting it.   Not saying it’s not true but it’s not bills brass saying it.   

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I know nothing about the bodybuilder world, but these are the claims:

Capture.JPG

That industry is wildly unregulated, and that guys selling things at a 500%+ premium, that cost $50 lol There's a million tricks, different dude, photoshop, airbrushing, not being 45day, trenbolone etc etc. Not being a hater, or at all criticizing you, how would the average 99% population know? I can assure you though those claims aren't just unrealistic. It's a bold faced lie lol

It’s a matter of, “we’ll come up in price if you come down in price.  Prove to us you want to be a Buffalo Bill

and that it’s more about winning and less about money, and we’ll find even ground that everyone can agree on”.

They know he’s not going to play for food stamps to chase a ring

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Some people imagine there is no cap.

If the Bills wanted they could massage the cap to make a “big” offer but there is no 

reason why the Bills would want to take on what could be a big liability in future deadcap years for Dhop at this stage of his career. 

Similar to Floyd the Bills will probably make a decent respectable offer that make kick a bit of dead money down the road but they aren’t going to hamstring themselves too much either 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I speak emoji. He's saying the report is BS.

I read it as him either saying the Buffalo offer is crap and/or Buffalo is crap and he isn't coming here (probably because they offered him crap).

The fact that he put the Buffalo first wouldn't lead me to believe he's simply saying the report is dung. If he wanted to say that he would have just posted the poop emoji. Buffalo + poop means something different than that in "emoji". Especially when you consider it's in reply to an article basically saying we're interested only if he wants to come cheap.

More wishful thinking on your part. This thing has been a non starter unless he came around to our team friendly offer and this is him saying that isn't going to happen.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

More wishful thinking on your part.

What are you talking about man? I've all but given up on the idea that Beane will do what needs to be done to make this happen. He didn't close on Von Miller in 2021, McCaffrey last year, and now Hopkins. He's unwilling to cross his strict value line, ever, unless it's for depth caliber linemen. I'm not happy about it but I'm not stretching facts to convince myself Beane will change his MO this time around.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What are you talking about man? I've all but given up on the idea that Beane will do what needs to be done to make this happen. He didn't close on Von Miller in 2021, McCaffrey last year, and now Hopkins. He's unwilling to cross his strict value line, ever, unless it's for depth caliber linemen. I'm not happy about it but I'm not stretching facts to convince myself Beane will change his MO this time around.

Or defensive tackles 😂😂

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I speak emoji. He's saying the report is BS.

Same thing I thought. 

I highly doubt his agent would let him respond with something like that.  Don’t cut your nose off…

Edited by Blackbeard

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Clearly that's what he's saying.

The article reads 'Buffalo is interested if he wants to ring chase aka come cheap' and he is replying to that with essentially "F that". Anyone who wants to read it differently is in total denial.

I get what you’re thinking, but I kinda doubt he’s slapping the bills in the face with a ***** emoji. 
Just my thoughts.  You don’t wanna piss off a prospective suitor 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I get what you’re thinking, but I kinda doubt he’s slapping the bills in the face with a ***** emoji. 
Just my thoughts.  You don’t wanna piss off a prospective suitor 

Unless he doesn't care because that suitor has offered something that he feels is a slap in the face to him. Which is what I think is going on here.

To me, it's been obvious since Day 1 that given our cap situation, the way he operates, things that Beane has said, and the urgency (or lack thereof) in which he's operated - that his interest (if any) has been on a 1 year, incentive laden prove it deal. Much like Poona Ford and Leonard Floyd, the offer has been on the table for him to come back to or simply not. He's not going to all of a sudden up his offer to Hopkins demands and Hopkins knows that.

So he simply doesn't care if he's slapping us in the face or not because the door is closed and in his mind we've slapped HIM in the face. If he was worried about what you're alleging, he'd simply say nothing at all.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

On 7/8/2023 at 9:59 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean, what they did in a literal sense, was switch out all of last season's proven failures for some veteran journeymen WR's and modest IOL talent in UFA who were coming off seasons that ranged from totally unproductive to modestly effective.  

They are just hoping that they hit the jackpot with a couple of those guys AT LEAST and that they play much better than they did with their teams in 2022.    Which, for reference,  is what Indianapolis is hoping for from Isaiah McKenzie too.   

Because the fact is, they didn't acquire a single player on offense who played up to the level last season that they need them to play at this year in Buffalo to make a difference.   There isn't a single one for whom a repeat performance would be a success if they need to play an important role for the Bills offense in 2023.     

They tried the same thing last year with Jamison Crowder and OJ Howard.  Those were even bigger names with more and better NFL seasons in their past.......for whom much was hoped for.......but they never even got off the runway.       

The moves that they made that are most likely to move the needle for the team are their 1st round TE and 2nd round OG.    And that's mainly because they don't have a proven track record of not being able to excel......or missing significant time due to injuries........that the free agents do.

I have my fingers crossed that the mixture of additions work out but I'm going to be realistic about what to expect......especially from the rag tag group they added in UFA.

I believe this team is looking for "outlier" seasons, guy's that have underperformed or have been hurt. Gonna roll the dice hope for some kind of breakout. If it does happen don't expect to roll it out again outside of Kincaid. Still have nail some future drafts.

Somehow got to fit in the equation Josh Allen, he will play a big part obviously.

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

That industry is wildly unregulated, and that guys selling things at a 500%+ premium, that cost $50 lol There's a million tricks, different dude, photoshop, airbrushing, not being 45day, trenbolone etc etc. Not being a hater, or at all criticizing you, how would the average 99% population know? I can assure you though those claims aren't just unrealistic. It's a bold faced lie lol

No criticism taken.  And no intent to criticize you in return.

I Hear You on the industry being un-regulated.

My point is with the industry being unregulated, and no careful controlled studies of the impact on athletes, I'm not sure how one can be certain what is or isn't a lie.

6 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

The longer he remains unsigned gives me the vibe he is looking for a contender, hoping it is us, but watch it be the Chargers 😅

I have the opposite feeling. Longer it goes the more $$$ seem to matter 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What the fans want:

image.jpeg.48ef7be2e57748c2757a2c8ab0e86373.jpeg
What Beane's willing to pay for:

image.thumb.jpeg.6302e3fac4702864541ccb6b8fc7a142.jpeg

Hey, the bears went to Japan (overseas). Bills are going to England (overseas).  I'm starting to like where this is going.

SuMEpH.gif

Edited by The Wiz

I'd imagine any real offer for the guy won't happen until a couple days before camp opens.  Anyone offering him a contract right now is only betting against themselves. 

Any report coming out about DHop or Cook being offered contracts by a team or a team having serious interest in them is only nonsense being put out by their agents as a last ditch effort to get them a multi year substantial contract from a GM that gets anxious and overplays his own hand.  Any response to said report by the player is done so at the behest of the agent.  Keeps their name in the news and on the mind of the anxious GM.

Smart GMs won't play that game.   The agent is just trying to see if they can bait offers from the Jets, Raiders, Browns, Bears, Commanders, or Texans right now.

I am sure that the 1 year incentive laced deal with a contender for DHop will come a few days before camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.