Jim Nantz shoutout

AlfaBill

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I know some don't like him, but Nantz is the best.  Great guy, excellent announcer. 

I agree.  Great, dare I say “quintessential” announcer voice, still pretty sharp, and not at all overbearing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

This is simply awesome. Humble and proud of my team.

❤️

They don't miss much.   They know what needs to be done, and they do it.  

And the fans!   Bills fans were the only fans to reach out.  Great stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I can listen to him call “Gabe Davis!!!” for hours straight …

And why not…..

Nantz is the best.  

Those were all insane throws by Josh Allen. No other QB in the NFL can make those throws.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I completely forgot that we scored with 16 seconds left against the Chiefs last year.

Which made me remember that McD & Frazier let the Chiefs get down the field and get a FG for the second year in a row ... this time with 16 seconds left, instead of 13 seconds.

Brutal.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I completely forgot that we scored with 16 seconds left against the Chiefs last year.

Which made me remember that McD & Frazier let the Chiefs get down the field and get a FG for the second year in a row ... this time with 16 seconds left, instead of 13 seconds.

Brutal.

When I watch that last highlight and McD puts up the go for one sign, I find myself irrationally talking to the screen: "you gotta go for two." But this is a nice story about character and decency and it speaks well of everything Buffalo, so maybe let it be for now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I know some don't like him, but Nantz is the best.  Great guy, excellent announcer. 

Smoothest in the business by far.

He gave a shoutout to the U of R as well--tossing out that fact that George Eastman paid to move the original Oak Hill in Rochester to Pittford so that the River Campus could be built on it's former site.  The move turned out very well for both entities.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I honestly cannot understand how anyone wouldn’t like Jim Nantz. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Brutal.

Yes, but then Taron Johnson sealed the game with an interception of Mahomes… with 13 seconds left on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, wppete said:

That’s a great story. Great to see. Josh is a true good guy, right away reaching out to Jim and the reaction from management and Bills Mafia is amazing. 

That’s what got me more than anything, Josh reaching out without fanfare. Just a good  dude. 

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is simply awesome. Humble and proud of my team.

❤️

As much as a SB win is the pinnacle there’s no doubt that this group is special. 

• Like (+1) 7

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

AB, thanks for sharing.  We really are special and so nice when the most noteworthy NFL Announcer since Howard Cosell makes those proclamations.

The Bills leadership is a class act.  It makes me proud to be a member of the Bills Mafia.

Billlieve!

Amen to all of this. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Einstein said:

Brutal.

Except this time, the Bills won the game.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We're so friggin lucky.

And yes I'm talking about Josh and Von, but the guys we should be thankful for are Beane and McDermott... they're the ones who prioritize the character to go with talent.

IMO, it starts with our ownership. Best in the NFL.

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

And why not…..

Nantz is the best.  

I also recall Fitz throwing a 98 yarder to Terrill Owens.  That dates me I guess.

3 hours ago, NUT said:

Win a SB and I'll care.

I think this is the sort of crap @PrimeTime101was talking about with his thread. 

This guy offers up nothing other than attempting to piss people off and it’s allowed. On the other hand some true Bills fans say the wrong thing and have to take a vacation.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I think this is the sort of crap @PrimeTime101was talking about with his thread. 

This guy offers up nothing other than attempting to piss people off and it’s allowed. On the other hand some true Bills fans say the wrong thing and have to take a vacation.

LOL Thanks Beast. At first I thought you were talking about me to me directly and had to read it 3 times. WHERES MY COFFEE I NEED MY COFFEE!   yes... this is the exact kind of stuff I have been referring to and TY SIR for noticing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.