Robert Woods released

nato7412

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He'll be 31 this year and hasn't had a good season since 2020. I would take him as a last resort option if we can't get one of the better veteran WRs that will be available. Would much prefer a clear upgrade though, not a shot in the dark.

And that's the point, he will be 31. Can a 31 year old help, maybe, but it would have to be a small price tag. 

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

As depth help, if we could get him cheap, sure.  His blocking alone could be an advantage with play design, though I don't think our OC operates on that sort of level.

Offense worked in that model until Jake Kumerow got hurt.  Passing game when he went out was impacted.

I’d love him back, and maybe the prospect of playing with JA would be appealing, but he didn’t seem interested in signing with us after his first run. Maybe it was the staff, or QB, or Buffalo itself, but I’d be willing to take him in at a team-friendly deal. If I remember he was very well-liked while here. Would be a nice fit if Beas decides to call it a career again.

…that being said, WR in rounds 1-3 please.

Edited by KingBoots8

30 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Should the bills target Woods if he could be signed for around 6-8 million?

$6-8M for a guy who hasn't had a good season since 2020 and is gonna be 31?  Maybe the ACL recovery hindered him last season, or maybe he just doesn't have the same speed and agility.

I don't think we can afford that.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Back to LA.

They traded him so I'm not sure he'd be so open to just head back there. 

I think he'd have Buffalo on his list of teams.  He'd be a perfect WR to add in as a jack-of-all-trades type.  Kind of like a younger Manny Sanders (who we missed last year IMO).  Also, he'd be pretty familiar with Kromer's schemes which has the WRs blocking quite a bit.  I doubt he's going to cost much.

Woods skill set, (at least who he used to be) excellent polished intermediate route running, fits Allen’s game perfectly anyway. 

Not necessarily a solution but could be a zero risk signing worth a look that could add something to the offense. I’d rather a shot with him over Beasley, Brown or Crowder type guys. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.