Robert Woods released

nato7412

I just sat through a pretty good podcast that went through the ways that we can free up like $50 million in cap. Space.

I’d get 4 million to Robert woods to come back here

I’m not enamored with any of the wide receivers in this draft where I would want to take one hi and I want to save those draft pics for offense of lineman and possibly Bijan Robinson if he’s there

Bringing in a vet sounds like a good idea moving Gabe Davis to the number three position

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know that Woods has the juice to play outside anymore. At least not in the way this board wants. 

He’s a savvy vet and good route runner. He could certainly have a home in the slot. I’d be open to that and keeping Davis outside at the right price. 

That said, we drafted Shakir who does play the slot. At some point we have to let our young guys play full time. We keep the training wheel on some of our rookies waaaay too long. 

I really liked what Andy Reid said in his post game after the SB re: all the rookies who started and saw playing time. He told them something like “Don’t worry about me sitting you. I don’t have anybody else. Just try hard and get better every week, that’s all you can do. If you can do that we’ll be fine” (paraphrasing)

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy couldn’t wait to get out of Buffalo but I’d definitely want him back 

He couldn't wait to get out because LA gave him the best contract. The Bills couldn't give him a good one at the time. Should not be blamed for this in the least, that second contract is where players make most of their career money.

Not to mention the Bills had been crappy for a long long time when he left.

As for whether we should sign him now, it should of course depend on what kind of performance it'd be reasonable to expect vs. salary.

But surrounding a QB with a bunch of non-spectacular but capable guys all of whom can make a play if they have to worked just fine for KC this year and would likely be a smart way to start moving in Buffalo. I loved Woods when he was here. Smart, classy, did the small things well.

Might be one of those guys you want to see work out before you sign at this point, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh that's one of the colder attempted slaps on Gabe Davis I've seen.

Robert Woods 2022 was what Cole Beasley 2022 would have been had he actually made a roster.........a clear step back from the 2021 Beasley that wasn't good enough.

Maybe Woods had injuries that he can bounce back from but 9.9 yards per reception?   58% targets caught for a short/intermediate receiver?   Passer rating in the 60's when thrown too?  

Woods was BAD last year.     

Not here to dispute Woods's effectiveness last season. But I AM here to question how effective the Titans's #1 receiving option SHOULD have been, by comparison, no matter who it was, given the Titans offensive personnel, scheme, and results overall. So many baked-in excuses for an otherwise proudly-tenacious player (Woods). 

• Like (+1) 1

Loved Bobby Woods. One of the toughest receivers ever. But he is done. Didn’t really have great physical tools before his injury. But man, that receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, and Goodwin had so much potential that never came close to getting reached.

44 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

image.png.1ea457cf9beb38fddb4b13cf4c13bf58.png

download.thumb.jpeg.21375df7b6f4d56d25fc82ad84d122d1.jpeg

728797234_download(1).jpeg.c0007dc6ae51854fcfad1eb0cadaada4.jpeg

Might have had something to do with his leaving 😂

Nate Hackett killed EJ like he just killed Russell Wilson!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bob Woods for low money could be a good way to solidify the slot with Shakir.  Draft a true outside receiver (or 2) early in the draft. If Woods is back to 100% he gives you versatility to play inside or outside. Mahomes did it with Kelsey and a handful of JAG's. Lil' Dirty has to go because Hines will probably be there for returns, gadget plays and RB 2/3. I'm not pounding the table for Woods, but let's not pretend if he passes the medicals that he brings nothing to the table. If someone wants to give him 6M-8M then wish him well, and buh-bye.

2 hours ago, KHAN said:

Bob Woods for low money could be a good way to solidify the slot with Shakir.  Draft a true outside receiver (or 2) early in the draft. If Woods is back to 100% he gives you versatility to play inside or outside. Mahomes did it with Kelsey and a handful of JAG's. Lil' Dirty has to go because Hines will probably be there for returns, gadget plays and RB 2/3. I'm not pounding the table for Woods, but let's not pretend if he passes the medicals that he brings nothing to the table. If someone wants to give him 6M-8M then wish him well, and buh-bye.

It would have to be really low money. Love the guy and love his attitude. I also don’t believe he was a big fan of Buffalo when he was here either.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Loved Bobby Woods. One of the toughest receivers ever. But he is done. Didn’t really have great physical tools before his injury. But man, that receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, and Goodwin had so much potential that never came close to getting reached.

Nate Hackett killed EJ like he just killed Russell Wilson!

The Hackett Wilson/EJ comment is interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2023 at 1:05 PM, KingBoots8 said:

I’d love him back, and maybe the prospect of playing with JA would be appealing, but he didn’t seem interested in signing with us after his first run. Maybe it was the staff, or QB, or Buffalo itself, but I’d be willing to take him in at a team-friendly deal. If I remember he was very well-liked while here. Would be a nice fit if Beas decides to call it a career again.

Robert Woods wanted to play in California - he went to Junipero Serra High School in Gardena, California (been there) and then went to USC.

Maybe his is just used to California taxes (done that).

He went to Tennessee for at that time that is where the (very highly paid) work is.

• Like (+1) 1

As a Buffalo Bills fan I am not interested in Robert Woods he made his decision long ago where his loyalties are with the Los Angeles Rams and it wasn’t with the Buffalo Bills. Robert Woods chose to leave Buffalo via free agency he wasn’t traded where he had no choice Robert Woods himself rejected the Buffalo Bills. So Robert Woods doesn’t want to be in Buffalo as a player and that is fine good luck to the young man except against the Buffalo Bills of course. But you can’t win Super Bowls with football players that don’t want to be here and are washed up. Don’t forget the washed up part with Robert Woods so no I hope the Bills don’t waste there time with Robert Woods in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

As a Buffalo Bills fan I am not interested in Robert Woods he made his decision long ago where his loyalties are with the Los Angeles Rams and it wasn’t with the Buffalo Bills. Robert Woods chose to leave Buffalo via free agency he wasn’t traded where he had no choice Robert Woods himself rejected the Buffalo Bills. So Robert Woods doesn’t want to be in Buffalo as a player and that is fine good luck to the young man except against the Buffalo Bills of course. But you can’t win Super Bowls with football players that don’t want to be here and are washed up. Don’t forget the washed up part with Robert Woods so no I hope the Bills don’t waste there time with Robert Woods in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Loyalties you expect for athletes to have loyalties

Come on now

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, HappyDays said:

He'll be 31 this year and hasn't had a good season since 2020. I would take him as a last resort option if we can't get one of the better veteran WRs that will be available. Would much prefer a clear upgrade though, not a shot in the dark.

2021 he was out half of the season with injury

2022 he was with a team that he was top WR on a team that DID NOT PASS MUCH... Ten. 

If we going to slam the guy... lets at least get all the info left. 

I trust this coaching to know if a guy is washed up or not. Comes back home to a low contract YES absolutely.

The dude going to play like he needs to prove something.... 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.