Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

50 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Von Miller was supposed to be our equalizer against teams like this. we don't have him. we are in trouble. we can win, but they are going to make our life hell. 

We do still have Von Miller as a team motivator and Miller is very good at it IMO.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/245385-motivation-brought-to-you-by-von-miller/

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Now that we know what you are, I have little interest in engaging you in either.

I just wanted to make it perfectly clear to the rest of this community what they were dealing with.

Ugh. I wish I didn't have to play nice.  I've been at the toed line and can't cross it because the boss ain't happy with me as it is... But boy I'd love to really juice him up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

They better make sure Joe Mixon doesn’t get mad at any of their daughters/sisters (never forget the POS he is):

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/2/23/11099472/joe-mixon-arrest-suspension-video-oklahoma

I wonder when he’ll be their nomination for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award?  Haven’t heard about him breaking the bones in any 18 year old girls’ faces recently.  Might be time especially after his tasteless attempt at the embarrassing attempt to flip that coin.  Act like you’ve been there before…

As for Bills fans, our character is epitomized by our devoted fandom through good times and bad times.  And, the fact that we do things like donate $442,000 to Andy Dalton’s charity—actions speak louder than words (sure we appreciated the help to get back into the playoffs).

4 hours ago, Caesar said:

yes, I may have gotten myself into a behive of not the greatest posters here initially.  It was all “Trey is dirty”, Skylar is way better than Hundley, nonstop reasons why the Bills are the best team…

Since then I have chatted with several excellent posters here.

Just jumping into this thread...from what I gather you are a Bengals fan and just here to talk some game stuff leading up to the big show down.

If that is correct:  First, hats off to the Bengals fans, organization, players, and the city of Cincinnati for how everyone handled the unfortunate Hamlin situation.  Class act.  I don't care about what people want to now say on each others boards, when the situation was going down, it was how everyone handled it that matters the most.  Everything being said now is just part of the fact these 2 teams are about to face off in a win or go home moment, both with Super Bowl or bust aspirations.  

With that out of the way, on to football:

1. There were some dirty plays, especially the one where your guy intentionally tried to roll onto Allens lower leg in the brief time that game was played.  So I expect a lot of mutual respect prior to the game, but all bets are off on both teams once the game starts and it will be heated battle.  
  2. I know a lot of Cincy fans believe it was going to easily be a win for Cincy after you were leading and still moving the ball in the first partial game.  But Buffalo is 5-0 in games that started exactly like that this year, and we have seen Cincy start hot and slow down several times this year too.  So I think that was a poor assumption, we moved the ball easily on our own drive too and just had that stall down by the goal line.  I think we were in line for a great game where either team could have been the victor.  
  3. If I had to pick a top to bottom best roster, it would go to the Bills, but the margin of difference isn't a big gap.  
  4. Our greatest opponent Sunday will be ourselves.  When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we are the best team in football.  But that is easier said than done.  If we give Burrow more opportunities by turning the ball over, this will be a tough game for us to win.  If we take points off the board for us or extend drives for the Bengals with ill timed penalties, this will be a tough game for us.  
  5. We need to get to Burrow...I don't care if we sack him or not, we just need to get at least pressure on him.  Your WR's are too good to give Burrow time, he will carve up our D if we do and game may come down to who has ball last kind of thing even if we play mistake free football.

My belief is that we will clean the turnovers up and will win a tough game.  But the margin of error for both teams is narrow.  

Cincy fans believe they have the better QB, Bills fans believe they do.  This game won't settle that debate, but it will sure be fun to watch them square off for the first time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think every person who posts anything in the internet should have to use their real picture. I think that would stop a lot of the trash talk real quick.

I liked Halloween and I liked welcome to the jungle when I was a little kid so I liked the bengals. When I was being a jerk in high school, my mom took us to bond in Cincinnati with their gross chili. It was fine, somewhat similar to Buffalo (though I obviously prefer Buffalo much more). 

Hard for me to have any hate towards them. I just think it’s our year and we deserve more. Better luck next year Cincy.

• Agree 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2?page=2

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

is this really a thread about watching them watching us? 

• Haha (+1) 1

From my personal experience in Cleveland and from some friends that moved to Colombus it appears that nobody in Ohio has a clue how to make good pizza. I was also propositioned by a prostitute at a Rite Aid. On the way home other hand they did add another 20 years to my brother's life with a heart transplant at the Cleveland Clinic but he ended up dying there in the end so I never want to go back.

I don't know squat about Cincinnati itself so I can't trash or praise the place. But I would bet their pizza sucks too. 

5 hours ago, jasman said:

I actually like my chili with cinnamon, but I like my wings with blue cheese...do those cancel each other out, and I can still be a Bills fan?

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ftfy. Can that abomination really be called chili? 

I went to school in Cincinnati. I can accept cinnamon in chili before I can accept heathens having ranch with wings. Having said that, I don’t think of it as chili.  (Although Zips is a great place with decent chili, not a chain deal.) 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I say we release 100,000,000 locusts in Cincy.  

You’re as cheap as @HOUSE! I say we go ALL IN!!!

Be honest, we have folks here who do similar stuff. I won’t judge any “group” by their goofballs. I didn’t click, but I’m just happy they have enough actual fans to have a little message board.  😋

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Hey, I really like the Bengals. Never thought much of their coach until the Hamlin situation, which made me respect him a lot more. 

Burrow is great. I love the attitude, the arrogance, the moxie. It's fun to watch. He reminds me of the hotshot young pilot in the new Top Gun movie, for those who have seen it. 

I can see him saying "oh I'm good. I'm real good" (quote from the film). Maybe he has. I guess he sort of has, in so many words with the whole "our window is my entire career" comment. 

He's a unique personality for sure. Super confident to the point of arrogant, but somehow also likeable.  That's rare. But it makes him different also from the other star QBs, and to me as a fan who watches for entertainment that's fun.

Burrow is the heel who the fans love. 

All that said, this week he's going home, and I hope he cheers for us next week!

Top Gun? Really on a football forum? The ultimate chick action flick. 😝

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’re as cheap as @HOUSE! I say we go ALL IN!!!

Be honest, we have folks here who do similar stuff. I won’t judge any “group” by their goofballs. I didn’t click, but I’m just happy they have enough actual fans to have a little message board.  😋

Dinner Reaction GIF by Pantaya

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/18/2023 at 3:01 PM, Hsker4life said:

Well Finheaven posters are convinced the league rigged multiple games to make Miami lose, and it gets better. They’re convinced Tua was 100% healthy but the league made him sit out because Goodell wants Buffalo to wins the SB.

Well we have been patient and we're building a beautiful new stadium so it must be our turn.

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Hello Bengal Fans, looks like snow on Sunday, bring your Long Johns....

And just in case any of you Bengals fans are driving up to Buffalo for the game this weekend, don't let a little snow disaude you. It's a beautiful drive!

Just follow this map to the football stadium and enjoy the game! 

https://g.co/kgs/qzVurr

On 1/19/2023 at 3:06 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Just jumping into this thread...from what I gather you are a Bengals fan and just here to talk some game stuff leading up to the big show down.

If that is correct:  First, hats off to the Bengals fans, organization, players, and the city of Cincinnati for how everyone handled the unfortunate Hamlin situation.  Class act.  I don't care about what people want to now say on each others boards, when the situation was going down, it was how everyone handled it that matters the most.  Everything being said now is just part of the fact these 2 teams are about to face off in a win or go home moment, both with Super Bowl or bust aspirations.  

With that out of the way, on to football:

1. There were some dirty plays, especially the one where your guy intentionally tried to roll onto Allens lower leg in the brief time that game was played.  So I expect a lot of mutual respect prior to the game, but all bets are off on both teams once the game starts and it will be heated battle.  
  2. I know a lot of Cincy fans believe it was going to easily be a win for Cincy after you were leading and still moving the ball in the first partial game.  But Buffalo is 5-0 in games that started exactly like that this year, and we have seen Cincy start hot and slow down several times this year too.  So I think that was a poor assumption, we moved the ball easily on our own drive too and just had that stall down by the goal line.  I think we were in line for a great game where either team could have been the victor.  
  3. If I had to pick a top to bottom best roster, it would go to the Bills, but the margin of difference isn't a big gap.  
  4. Our greatest opponent Sunday will be ourselves.  When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we are the best team in football.  But that is easier said than done.  If we give Burrow more opportunities by turning the ball over, this will be a tough game for us to win.  If we take points off the board for us or extend drives for the Bengals with ill timed penalties, this will be a tough game for us.  
  5. We need to get to Burrow...I don't care if we sack him or not, we just need to get at least pressure on him.  Your WR's are too good to give Burrow time, he will carve up our D if we do and game may come down to who has ball last kind of thing even if we play mistake free football.

My belief is that we will clean the turnovers up and will win a tough game.  But the margin of error for both teams is narrow.  

Cincy fans believe they have the better QB, Bills fans believe they do.  This game won't settle that debate, but it will sure be fun to watch them square off for the first time.  

I appreciate the cordialness.

As to your topics:
1.  I respectfully disagree, as does the league obviously.  Trey did not take an extra roll and was coming hard, and your OT pushed him down.  Slow motion isn't the best in a case like this.  Thinking a 270 pound man can stop instantly moving forward and pushed doesn't make sense.  Several here also agree that it wasn't dirty.

2. I'm a season ticket holder and on every decent message board and social media.  No Bengals fan with any sense believes that game was going to be an easy win.  That said, that 5-0 record did not include the Bengals...

3.  Bills may very well have the best roster.  But we lost Chase for several games and won all but the 1st one (other reasons for that one).  Not sure the Bills could win many games without Diggs?  Has he missed any games this season?  We won a game without Boyd and Higgins and Mixon.  Mixon missed a few during Chases's absence and we won. So while the Bills may have the better roster top to bottom, Bengals have more depth at skill positions in my opinion.

As to position groups:
QB - even
OL - pre-massacre, even or close enough, after the injuries Bills no doubt.
TE - Knox gets the edge
RB - its a wash
WR - Bengals

Edge - Bengals may have the edge with Von out
DT - wash: Reader - Oliver
CB - Bills
LB - its a wash, all 4 LBs are in PFF Top 16
S - Bengals (Bills injuries)
K - I like our guy, although he has had some rough exchanges (new snapper & holder)

So these rosters are quite close, IMO

4. We can say the very same thing, if we dont hurt ourselves and are able to keep Burrow clean, we can give the Bills all they want.

5.  Getting to Burrow is a good point, I think we want to pressure Allen but keep him in the pocket so he cannot work his magic.

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I appreciate the cordialness.

As to your topics:
1.  I respectfully disagree, as does the league obviously.  Trey did not take an extra roll and was coming hard, and your OT pushed him down.  Slow motion isn't the best in a case like this.  Thinking a 270 pound man can stop instantly moving forward and pushed doesn't make sense.  Several here also agree that it wasn't dirty.

2. I'm a season ticket holder and on every decent message board and social media.  No Bengals fan with any sense believes that game was going to be an easy win.  That said, that 5-0 record did not include the Bengals...

3.  Bills may very well have the best roster.  But we lost Chase for several games and won all but the 1st one (other reasons for that one).  Not sure the Bills could win many games without Diggs?  Has he missed any games this season?  We won a game without Boyd and Higgins and Mixon.  Mixon missed a few during Chases's absence and we won. So while the Bills may have the better roster top to bottom, Bengals have more depth at skill positions in my opinion.

As to position groups:
QB - even
OL - pre-massacre, even or close enough, after the injuries Bills no doubt.
TE - Knox gets the edge
RB - its a wash
WR - Bengals

Edge - Bengals may have the edge with Von out
DT - wash: Reader - Oliver
CB - Bills
LB - its a wash, all 4 LBs are in PFF Top 16
S - Bengals (Bills injuries)
K - I like our guy, although he has had some rough exchanges (new snapper & holder)

So these rosters are quite close, IMO

4. We can say the very same thing, if we dont hurt ourselves and are able to keep Burrow clean, we can give the Bills all they want.

5.  Getting to Burrow is a good point, I think we want to pressure Allen but keep him in the pocket so he cannot work his magic.

Pretty honest and correct take.

If Allen doesn't cough the ball up the Bills will win IMO. That's easier said than done obviously, we shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2?page=2

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

Oh I'm always praising Skylar! He's the bestist...B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.